Windows 10: Puzzled by username issue

Discus and support Puzzled by username issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello ... In my recent clean install of W10 in the section which shows usernames I am listed as alanDT ... however when I open the 'users' folder on my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by akstirling, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Puzzled by username issue

Hello ... In my recent clean install of W10 in the section which shows usernames I am listed as alanDT ... however when I open the 'users' folder on my C drive 2 users' folders are shown i.e. default(which partially grayed out and does not appear to contain any significant files) and 'janal' which is a username I used to use and contains my 'active' files such as appdata etc ... the W7 install I upgraded from had alanDT as my username and this carried forward into my W10 on top of W7 install ... does any of this make sense???? ... and can it in any way affect the way software runs????

Alan

:)

akstirling, Nov 15, 2015

2. puzzled by N96 and N81

To the best of my knowledge (and that's saying something), the N96 DOES support Ngage.

I don't know where you got that information. Like it was said 3D acceleration doesn't automatically prevent Ngage compatibility.

el_loco---01, Nov 15, 2015
  3. cjdelphi Win User
    puzzled by N96 and N81

Here's why i'm puzzled.

N95/N82 and others carry the omap 3d cpu... (I thought for n-gage ??)

N96 does not support N-Gage, because "lack of 3D chip"

N81 supports N-Gage, however it too has a "lack of 3D chip"

Now if you go to

GFXBench - Unified cross-platform 3D graphics benchmark database

You'll see that the N81 is actually slower than the Nokia 6110, because it has no 3D chip.

See where i'm going?

Compare the N95 to the N81 on the game, Global Racer, you'll see how the N81 does what the Nokia 6110 does, about 3 frames per second if that.....

So the million dollar question, if the N81 supports N-Gage games then so should every single Nokia phone which does not have the omap CPU... the 6110 is faster, faster cpu, no 3D chip, yet i don't see N-Gage mentioned anywhere...

What's going on? How can a phone without a 3D chip which is found in the N82/N95 etc play n-gage games?....

cjdelphi, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

Puzzled by username issue

1. Puzzled by username issue - Similar Threads - Puzzled username issue

2. Windows UserName issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows UserName issue: I have a batch file which works on numerous computers. But on my new laptop it does not work. My suspicion is that the user name is composed of 2 words. If you look at the included Path that is returned when I go to the folder in file explorer and copy the path as text. On...
  3. Windows UserName issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows UserName issue: I have a batch file which works on numerous computers. But on my new laptop it does not work. My suspicion is that the user name is composed of 2 words. If you look at the included Path that is returned when I go to the folder in file explorer and copy the path as text. On...
  4. Adminstrator username causing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adminstrator username causing issues: I recently forgot my account password and wanted to change it. The only way I know that works is by using command prompt's [net user <username> <password> command. The issue I have been running into is that my admin name contains a space so every time I type the command I get...
  5. Adminstrator username causing issues

Adminstrator username causing issues: I recently forgot my account password and wanted to change it. The only way I know that works is by using command prompt's [net user <username> <password> command. The issue I have been running into is that my admin name contains a space so every time I type the command I get...
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues: Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues I've lost all my purchased collections after accepting the new Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle app!!!! My points have remained but everything from the past has gone. I’ve been playing this game for over two years and not happy about this problem! How...
  7. Issue with Magic Jigsaw Puzzle

Issue with Magic Jigsaw Puzzle: Hi. I have been very happy with Magic Jigsaw Puzzles - until now. The app was downloaded through the Microsoft Store. I believe the app was recently updated as the appearance is different and it does not contain all my puzzle purchases. These were in the app prior to...
  8. puzzled..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    puzzled..: I ve windows 10 with windows defender security on. I was trying to find out why the firewall isnt coming on when everything else was on. after trying what I thought, I accidently turned the windows defender security to an earlier programme (I think). Everything now has gone...
  9. Magic Jigsaw Puzzle Download Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magic Jigsaw Puzzle Download Issue: I can't download Magic Jigsaw Puzzles to my Lap Top with Window's 10. I keep getting the message "Can't Install, we'll retry shortly." However, it never installs. Any suggestions?...
  10. Wifi username and password issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi username and password issue: Hi, I have just bought an HP laptop running windows 10. I cannot connect to internet wirelessly as when I select my network connection it requests username and password. (Screen shot attached) I only have a network password for my connection and have never had or been...