Windows 10: Python on Windows -- is it worth doing

Discus and support Python on Windows -- is it worth doing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I like running python scripts on Linux -- I see that you can run python on windows Is it actually worth it -- the language seems easy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Feb 3, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Python on Windows -- is it worth doing

Hi there

I like running python scripts on Linux -- I see that you can run python on windows

Is it actually worth it -- the language seems easy and powerful (quite addictive - especially if your previous foray into any sort of programming was the old GW (or DOS) BASIC or REXX / Fortran IV on a mainframe aeons ago).

Windows scripts themselves are an abomination -- and as for javascript --forget totally. That's probably why Ms has included BASH in the Insider Program.

There's quite a lot of things I think I could do with python and windows - particularly with interacting with the web dynamically etc. It's also OO (Object orientated) which makes for less errors when developing stuff (at least that's what the "experts" say).

Anybody tried on Windows or should I stick to using it on Linux.

Incidentally I see a load of Schools are teaching kids to do python programming -- I was looking at the homework exercise of a kid of a friend of mine and was actually quite impressed -- Schools are actually TEACHING useful things again -- manipulating and analysing data will be a really good job in the future and is reasonably "Robot proof" - and using something like python seems to provide a decent tool to do this.

Any comments.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 3, 2017

2. Advice on Lumia 830. Is it worth it?

Why not ? Check 730 too Python on Windows -- is it worth doing :) Python on Windows -- is it worth doing :). All the best Python on Windows -- is it worth doing :)

rocky459---01, Feb 3, 2017
  3. Srikanthsd, Feb 3, 2017
  4. fulo Win User

If you use Libre Office on MS, you have Python installed. I've been using LO since XP.

Cheers

fulo, Feb 3, 2017
  5. There is also Powershell,which is built into Windows now. Powershell offers the full power of the .NET Framework.

Of course, if you want to do any automation of Windows and its services, Powershell is your best bet, esp., on the sever skus. Nearly all of the management tools in Windows now have full Powershell cmdlets, so anything you can do in the UI you can do with Powershell. Python....not so much.

logicearth, Feb 3, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Use autoit free complise to exe lots of tutors and forum built in function and if needed you can record what you want and it can write code for you see examples etc AutoIt - AutoIt

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Python on Windows -- is it worth doing - Similar Threads - Python worth doing

2. python

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    python: Por favor ajude, não consigo executar os comando na python traves destapequena mensagem Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected o meu assistente virtual que estou acriar não esta a funcionar atraves da mesma ajude-me! ESTOU SEMPRE A TENTAR DESDE MUITO TEMPO ATE AGORA NAO...
  3. python

in Windows 10 Gaming
    python: Por favor ajude, não consigo executar os comando na python traves destapequena mensagem Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected o meu assistente virtual que estou acriar não esta a funcionar atraves da mesma ajude-me! ESTOU SEMPRE A TENTAR DESDE MUITO TEMPO ATE AGORA NAO...
  4. python

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Partition changes - Worth doing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition changes - Worth doing?: I am not very tech savvy, so I apologise for not knowing much about this. I recently fired up an old PC that I haven't used for a while. It is running very slow and I am trying various things to try to improve this. I have done the basics, like clean up the files I have...
  6. Partition changes - Worth doing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Partition changes - Worth doing?: I am not very tech savvy, so I apologise for not knowing much about this. I recently fired up an old PC that I haven't used for a while. It is running very slow and I am trying various things to try to improve this. I have done the basics, like clean up the files I have...
  7. users python vs c:\python

in Windows 10 Support
    users python vs c:\python: Hi all, I have an issue that's been bothering me for a while. I have python 3.8 installed on my laptop. I will try to import various modules from the python repository and I have a feeling that my path my been wrong. I have python installed here C:\python AND it seems like...
  8. Iron Python

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Iron Python: This product was property of the Microsoft, this is a implementation of a Python. I have dificulty to install IronPython API, using Visual Studio Professional 2019. How i do? I need install the iron python on the environment. I need 2 environment on my program. Someone can...
  9. Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Worth It?: so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then...
  10. SSD worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD worth it?: I've had most types of hardware over the years but never had an SSD. Considering changing over now but unsure if worth the cost. Would be going with a 1 TB drive, either Samsung, Mushkin, or SanDisk. I have various software that should be able to do the move already so that...