Windows 10: [Q] Is there a way to somehow backup current windows state?

Discus and support [Q] Is there a way to somehow backup current windows state? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to buy a windows 8.1 pro and then update it to windows 10 (in this little remaining time). The thing I want to know is that if I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by roostaamir, May 25, 2016.

1. [Q] Is there a way to somehow backup current windows state?

I would like to buy a windows 8.1 pro and then update it to windows 10 (in this little remaining time). The thing I want to know is that if I can somehow backup my windows status (in case of activation and the windows itself). Since I have windows 8.1's disk, am I be able to somehow backup windows 10's status on dvds or something and restore it in case of s**t happening?

:)

roostaamir, May 25, 2016
  2. G.Ilex Win User

Is there a "current" way to report app bugs for Windows 10?

You could try it through the feedback hub app on the pc.

G.Ilex, May 25, 2016
  3. Is there a "current" way to report app bugs for Windows 10?

There's no submit a bug report option directly. The way you do it is to call Microsoft Support and open a support request(can also be done online).

GregSheridan, May 25, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

[Q] Is there a way to somehow backup current windows state?

Once you have Windows 10 Pro installed and activated, you have the "Digital Entitlement".
    Digital Entitlement means that you can re-install Windows 10 in the same computer anytime you want and as often as you want.
    You won't need a product key to re-install, and activation will be automatic.
    You won't need your Win 8.1 Pro disk anymore.

You can backup your Windows 10 Pro image to an external hard drive, and you can use it to restore the system if something happens to Windows 10 Pro and you cannot fix it.

The above is just general info.
    There are tutorials to show you how to do that.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  5. Thanks for your quick reply
    If you don't mind me asking (since I don't have windows 10 yet), how can I work with this "Digital Entitlement" feature?
    And how can I actually backup the windows to an external storage?

roostaamir, May 25, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Digital Entitlement is automatic once you have Windows 10 installed and activated.
    Any time you re-install Windows 10 Pro in the same computer, digital entitlement comes into effect automatically. You will not require to enter a product key and after re-installation, activation will be automatic.

Windows 10 has a built-in program called System image Backup.
    When you run it, it will first find out where the backup file will be saved to. If you plug in an external hard drive, it will recognize it and it will start copying an exact image of the system at that time to the external hard drive.
    If you need to restore the system, you will plug in the external hard drive to do that.

In this Tenforums.com, the "de facto" program to do image backup is Macrium Reflect. People will swear by it.
    Personally, I use the built-in program which has worked for me and never once failed me.
    You will decide which way to go.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  7. Thank you so much for you reply

roostaamir, May 25, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [Q] Is there a way to somehow backup current windows state? - Similar Threads - somehow backup current

2. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way To Backup Windows?: HiI have found in the past that the methods offered by Windows just don't work!Image: fine but the installation media can never find it and there is no search, so not an option.I have tried other backup software but whatever I tried had issues that led me to lose trust I...
  3. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Way To Backup Windows?: HiI have found in the past that the methods offered by Windows just don't work!Image: fine but the installation media can never find it and there is no search, so not an option.I have tried other backup software but whatever I tried had issues that led me to lose trust I...
  4. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  6. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  7. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is there a way to unbind Ctrl + Shift + Q?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to unbind Ctrl + Shift + Q?: Ctrl + Shift + Q opens up my sound taskbar whenever pressed. I'm trying to figure out if I can unbind it since it gets in the way of a game where I press those buttons and I can't change them. [ATTACH]...
  9. What is the state and stability of Windows 10 currently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the state and stability of Windows 10 currently?: After a couple years of exclusively using Linux, I have installed Windows 10 (as dual boot) just a few days ago to start working with some new software (fusion 360). I had an old boot media (version 1809 or 1903, I don't remember). I installed it, loaded all my apps and...
  10. What's the current state of current Fall Creators Update stability?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's the current state of current Fall Creators Update stability?: I initially installed the Fall Creators Update when first offered, and I don't have to tell you about the disaster that followed. But I have learned from my experiences, ie. anniversary update nightmare, & used a macrium image to dial back, after which I deferred the...