Windows 10: Quake 4 problem

Discus and support Quake 4 problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just downloaded windows 10, I was playing Quake 4 on 8.1 and it was fine, now the game will not start, I uninstalled the game and now it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by drummerden, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Quake 4 problem

I have just downloaded windows 10, I was playing Quake 4 on 8.1 and it was fine, now the game will not start, I uninstalled the game and now it will not let me re-install it. Can anybody help please

:)

drummerden, Aug 10, 2015

2. Cannot install Quake 4 into Windows 10

Looks like in 6 months, Microsoft cant tell us how to load Quake 4 in Windows 10. Can someone please answer?

Thanks

PS tried to load the quake 4 patch - windows 10 wont let it load.

Tom

tomdesrosier, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Cannot install Quake 4 into Windows 10

I installed the aforementioned patch and was able to run Quake 4 on Windows 10 afterwards. Thanks!

Big Spankin, Aug 10, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Quake 4 problem

jds63, Aug 11, 2015
  5. I am installing from original disc.

drummerden, Aug 12, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Aug 12, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Instead of letting it install on Autoplay try this, insert disc, stop autoplay and open the disc in explorer and right click the Setup.exe file for game and select " Run As Administrator " Make sure Anti-Virus is disabled temporarily.

jds63, Aug 12, 2015
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

Quake 4 problem

You may also need to set one of the compatibilities modes via right click on the executable.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 15, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Another possibility with older games if it might not run in Windows 10 to begin with.

jds63, Aug 15, 2015
  10. Thank you for your help, I have gone back to windows 8.1 and it is working fine. thank you anyway

drummerden, Aug 15, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    YW ,Wait went back to Windows 8.1 for one game, or more to it then that ?

jds63, Aug 15, 2015
  12. XERXESII Win User
    I tested the Steam version of Quake 4 and it is working.

Issues with the game (not specific to Windows 10):
    Disable ambient lighting in the in game menu if textures look bad and everything is too bright.
    Install OpenAl if the in game menu will not allow changing the sound system in order to have surround sound. OpenAL: Cross Platform 3D Audio (On my Asus sound card, I also had to enable the GX setting.)

XERXESII, Aug 16, 2015
  13. Wolf9an9 Win User

Quake 4 problem

All that is required for Quake 4 to work in Win 10 is to install the Quake 4 Patch 1.4.2

Wolf9an9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Quake 4 problem

1. Quake 4 problem - Similar Threads - Quake problem

2. Problem with saved payment method - Jewels of Rome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with saved payment method - Jewels of Rome: I tried to buy jewels in Jewels of Rome this morning. It started to load as usual, but then flashed to a different screen which said I had no payment method. I've had one for a long time. I reentered the number, but it said it wasn't valid....
  3. Problem with saved payment method - Jewels of Rome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with saved payment method - Jewels of Rome: I tried to buy jewels in Jewels of Rome this morning. It started to load as usual, but then flashed to a different screen which said I had no payment method. I've had one for a long time. I reentered the number, but it said it wasn't valid....
  4. Windows 11 Pro Quake Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Quake Terminal: The shortcut Win+` doesn't work doesnt prompt the dropdown terminal, no mater if I am focused on the desktop, or any other window, it worked on Windows 10!`wt -w _quake` does prompt an error: "The following argument was not expected: -w Run with --help ..."I have just...
  5. Windows 11 Pro Quake Terminal

Windows 11 Pro Quake Terminal: The shortcut Win+` doesn't work doesnt prompt the dropdown terminal, no mater if I am focused on the desktop, or any other window, it worked on Windows 10!`wt -w _quake` does prompt an error: "The following argument was not expected: -w Run with --help ..."I have just...
  6. Quake Champions not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quake Champions not launching: I start the game, see the splash screen, that turns into a black screen and then it's gone. After fresh install i get this error: Error code: 0x800705b4I tried resetting the store, reinstalled the game 6 times now. the game works fine on another pc here but i need to use it...
  7. Quake Champions not launching

Quake Champions not launching: I start the game, see the splash screen, that turns into a black screen and then it's gone. After fresh install i get this error: Error code: 0x800705b4I tried resetting the store, reinstalled the game 6 times now. the game works fine on another pc here but i need to use it...
  8. Problems with InstallShield for Quake 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with InstallShield for Quake 4: I'm trying to install Quake 4 on my computer for Windows 10, but I keep getting this error code 1607. It says it's unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime. Am I doing something wrong or is this game incompatible for Windows 10? PLEASE HELP!...
  9. Quake 1 and solider of fortune 1 do not work since 2004 patch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quake 1 and solider of fortune 1 do not work since 2004 patch: Discovered by me and confirmed by a friend with a clean vm. Mouse movement simply does not work. submitted by /u/Boocheus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy1wim/quake_1_and_solider_of_fortune_1_do_not_work/
  10. AppHangB1 error in Quake Champions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppHangB1 error in Quake Champions: Hello! I use Windows 10 Pro x64, and I have constant crashes in the Quake Champions game. Its support investigated a AppHangB1 error in my Msinfo, so they suggested me to contact Microsoft support for troubleshooting. Please tell me what does this error stand for and how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quake 4 mouse fix

2. quake 4 crashes on windows 10

3. installing quake 4 on windows 10

4. my quake 4 is not working on eindoes 8.1