Windows 10: Queries about making USB recovery media

Discus and support Queries about making USB recovery media in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Am I right in thinking that after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I should be able to make a bootable USB including a system image without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rackbrane, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Rackbrane Win User

Queries about making USB recovery media

Am I right in thinking that after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I should be able to make a bootable USB including a system image without having to copy install.wim from the downloaded media, placing it on the C: partition and setting the appropriate entry in ReagentC?

As I can only make such a bootable USB after performing the above steps, does this mean that if I subsequently delete the install.wim and ReagentC entry, I will not be able to effect a recovery from the hard drive alone?

Recovery media seems to be fussy about the type of flash drive I use. I can make the full recovery drive including the system image on a Sandisk Cruzer Blade, but if instead I try using a Sandisk Cruzer Edge of the same size, I can only make a boot USB without the image. Otherwise I get the message 'We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive'. Why is this?

:)

Rackbrane, Sep 22, 2015

2. Query about creating recovery media on USB 3.0

Hi,

I would like to inform you that the Windows 10 installation depends upon various factors such as the system configuration, the writing speed of the HDD etc and it does not purely depend upon the installation medias writing speed or the version of the
    USB used but using USB 3, will give an upper hand while the Windows files gets copied. You may go ahead and create recover disk using USB 3 flash drive.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Query about creating recovery media on USB 3.0

Good day!!!

1.Can I as a bootable USB drive (if I install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) to use a USB flash drive USB 3.0 and have a quick installation Windows 10 Pro 64 bit thanks to USB 3.0 standard, compared with flash USB 2.0?

2. Can I still create a recovery disk to use a USB flash drive USB 3.0?

3. Which is better to choose the parameters of the stick to use it as a bootable USB drive Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with the USB 3.0 standard write speed of 75 Mb / s or 120Mb / s read speed of 12 Mb / s or 25 Mb / s? How can I feel it?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Original title: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

григорийТарнавский, Sep 22, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

There may be a partition in the Cruzer Edge that you cant see.. Using up space needed to create the partition.. Mount both drives and right click on each, check on the capacity for each. If the edge drive has just one byte under the needed capacity it wont create

XweAponX, Sep 22, 2015
  5. Rackbrane Win User
    There is nothing on the Cruzer Edge drive apart from formatting. The drives I used were both 8GB, and the image is only a little over 4GB.

Rackbrane, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Queries about making USB recovery media - Similar Threads - Queries making USB

2. Queries about a problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Queries about a problem: Hello! Unfortunately, my issue hasn’t been solved after I tried the provided solution. What should I do? It still shows the same and I’m attaching the screenshots again of both the steps and the current condition of my windows security for your reference. Hope to hear from...
  3. Query about update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query about update: Today I updated my windows version from 21H2 to 22H2, all are okay but I have one question. See the screenshot below. Windows.old is a folder which may be contain my previous windows files, now if I delete the folder, will any problem occurr???...
  4. About query

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  5. About query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  6. About query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Query about BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Query about BSOD: My PC shows BSOD mostly while playing videos...sometimes while browsing or when the PC is in standby mode...what could be the problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-bsod/a9bdf094-9c38-4c1a-9393-404d153d3761
  8. Usb recovery media failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Usb recovery media failed: I noticed I had alot of hard disk bad block errors in the event viewer so I ran the check disk tool but when the pc rebooted I got a blue screen with ntfs error. Everytime the pc rebooted that bsod came up. I tried booting from the usb recovery I created and tried start up...
  9. Lenovo USB Recovery Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo USB Recovery Media: Hi I accidentally deleted the OKR Recovery partition on my lenovo ideapad 500s laptop. I bought USB Recovery from Lenovo service. When I install Recovery via USB, windows 10 is installing the old version. The USB install.wim file is encrypted. How can I add new version...
  10. Query about making a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Query about making a new user account: I have a main account (admin) which I use for most of my work stuff, but I've got a whole lot of private stuff like passwords and old videos and pictures from my childhood that i don't really want to be accessible in case i forget to lock my PC and one of my roommates was...