Windows 10: query about user accts/bypassing login

Discus and support query about user accts/bypassing login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; recently tweaked it so that i could bypass login without entering password. mistakenly added "malcolm" and not full name to login screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pathfinder, Sep 25, 2017.

1. query about user accts/bypassing login

recently tweaked it so that i could bypass login without entering password. mistakenly added "malcolm" and not full name to login screen bypassing...now everytime pc comes on, the first option "malcolm" name appears and it wont login automatically...so i would have to click the second option "malcolm smith" to login...how do i remove the first option entirely

:)

Pathfinder, Sep 25, 2017
  2. mlg63 Win User

trying to elimimate the need for use of a password in windows 10?

You should say what you tried already. Simplest way is to open the Run box and type or copy and paste

control userpasswords2

Select your acct--it should already be highlighted. Uncheck Users must enter passwords... Then select Apply it and enter your login password. Do not ever forget your password. There will be times you must enter it and it is easy to forget it if you never
    use it. You should be the only user in a private home setting to bypass your acct sign in. See this article for more info-- http://www.ricksdailytips.com/skip-windows-10-logon-screen/

(netplwiz can also be used)

mlg63, Sep 25, 2017
  3. RB22531 Win User
    Local User Acct Not showing on Login

Bought my wife a new Laptop, came with Win10 Home. So I setup the 1st OOBE acct which was admin privileged. Got it signed into my routers secured SSID. Then got security software installed and configured. Did all the long time updates suffering my ISP
    (or it's leased modem) bumping me off several times. Finally got the machine all ready to go.

So today I went to setup a local limited user acct so my wife won't have to surf the web in an admin acct. After all this is Windows 10 a modern OS surely creating a 2nd Non Admin User acct can't be such an exercise to complete, right ?

Ok the actual creation goes ok in the Control Panel->Users. I sign out of my admin acct expecting to see the new non admin user login option come up on the login screen. Nope, just the Admin acct showing (the one I just signed out of).

So I do a total restart, same thing, no sign of new user acct on login at all. Only the OOBE acct shows.

So I login to the admin acct. I look and no files have been created for the new user, but I think that usually happens the first time the user logs in (?) so that's not a biggy yet.

I open an admin cmd console and run Net User and the new user is showing up in the net user display and it's active and it's local group membership is "users".

So I'm at a loss. Did I get a windows 10 that refuses to let me have a functional 2nd user acct ? Just can't imagine such being this difficult right out of the box.

Appreciate any info as I've searched several places and found nothing to help me

RB22531, Sep 25, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

query about user accts/bypassing login

Brink, Sep 25, 2017
  5. i was able to remove the second option as seen in your diagram...but had to login with pass. i thought id better leave it like it is...even though iam the only one who uses this pc..but good hints neverless! cheers brink bro

query about user accts/bypassing login [​IMG]

Pathfinder, Sep 25, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok, good.

If you like, you should now be able to setup netplwiz to automatically sign in to your account at startup.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

query about user accts/bypassing login

1. query about user accts/bypassing login - Similar Threads - query user accts

2. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  3. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  4. About query

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  5. About query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  6. About query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Login Bypass

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Bypass: I know this question has been asked before, but none of the responses works for me. I had to reinstall everything on my Toshiba laptop today, and as I was going through the setup, I was asked to create a PIN to access my computer. Not a password, a PIN. Now, every time I...
  8. Bypass login screen for all users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bypass login screen for all users: Why is there no solution for bypassing the login screen? I've tried everything suggested to no avail. Changed login options, removed passwords, modified register, nothing changes. This is too much control over my PC. Also no solution to the start menu popping up each...
  9. removing a user acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a user acct: I am giving my old laptop to a grandson. How do I remove my user acct and start one for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-user-acct/a032f121-b5ba-45d4-86e8-1e0b311416fd"
  10. Query about making a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Query about making a new user account: I have a main account (admin) which I use for most of my work stuff, but I've got a whole lot of private stuff like passwords and old videos and pictures from my childhood that i don't really want to be accessible in case i forget to lock my PC and one of my roommates was...