Windows 10: [Query]Ext. HDD- which removal policy better?

Discus and support [Query]Ext. HDD- which removal policy better? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear All, I have my 3 TB Seagate ext. hdd. permanently connected to my machine via USB 3.0 port. I use it mostly to store my downloaded files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by onlytanmoy, Dec 12, 2015.

1. [Query]Ext. HDD- which removal policy better?

Dear All,

I have my 3 TB Seagate ext. hdd. permanently connected to my machine via USB 3.0 port. I use it mostly to store my downloaded files and install games.
    My query is- if i opt for the 'better performance' option under the removal policy section (pls see image), will there be a significant performance boost?
    Also after enabling that, for the 'write-caching policy' section, shall i enable both the options? I think as long as I have a UPS connected, i am fine in an instance of power outage. Please confirm.

Thanks,
    Troy.

[Query]Ext. HDD- which removal policy better? [​IMG]

:)

onlytanmoy, Dec 12, 2015
  2. Daffy01 Win User

Long Pause when Transferring multiple files to ext. HDD

Hi All,

I have a 2.5" WD 320GB SATA 2 HDD I put in a USB3.0 caddy formatted as exFAT-(1024Kb allocation) & set policies to "best performance", the problem is that when I transfer multiple files it has a LOOOOONNNNGGG pause between each file then another long pause
    at 99%.

Any help to fix the long pause would be great, I have another ext. HDD that does not have the pause.

Thanks [Query]Ext. HDD- which removal policy better? :)

Daffy01, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Fasil Vh Win User
    MBR TO GPT without losing data

Hi,

I am existing windows user, and i am change my motherboard and try to install windows on ext hdd. the disk part is not work( can't select ext win OS partition the hdd is only support to install win 7. the error is hdd is changed to mbr mode. The solution
    is fully format the hdd.

How can i install win 10 and without losing data.?

Fasil Vh, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

[Query]Ext. HDD- which removal policy better?

1. [Query]Ext. HDD- which removal policy better? - Similar Threads - Query Ext HDD

2. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  3. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  4. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. need to reformat a ext HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to reformat a ext HDD: Hello - I have a new 2TB HDD for a laptop. I formatted it and created partitions, but failed to create enough space for the C: drive. So I want to start over, but after deleting the partitions, File Mgr is not detecting the HDD. I am using AOMEI Disk Part and it recognizes...
  6. Access to Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Ext HDD: I found that to use my Ext HDD, I needed to go to the Control panel and declare it as a Backup Storage device. Prior to a week or so ago, all I had to do was plug the ext HDD into my laptop via USB. But now that I have declared it a Backup device, I am still unable to see it...
  7. Which is better ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is better ?: Hello guys i have some problems with my pc ( stutters ) i tride everything to fix it but didnt helped so im trying to re installing windows now but i dont know what is better to do it , should i reinstalling it with flash drive or i do reset recovrey and remove evereything ....
  8. which is better?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is better?: Which is better, Windows Defender or Norton 360? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-better/3634df74-df1b-4bf2-9967-7084e0174821"
  9. Ext HDD Can't remove file

in Windows 10 Support
    Ext HDD Can't remove file: Win10 1903 64 On my Ext HDD I have a windows.old file that was backed up before. I have tried resetting all the permissions and ownership but no luck. Every time I try to delete it, it begins...gets to 99% and then stops. I even tried moving it back to my pcPC from which it...
  10. Ext USB HDD suddenly non-removable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ext USB HDD suddenly non-removable: Running Win10 Pro v1803. Update KB4340917 installed yesterday on 7/25/18. Now the Safely Remove Devices icon is nowhere to be found but I manually ran it with a run cmd. The app sees the external device but trying to remove it gives an error claiming the device is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removal policy which one is better