Windows 10: Query on Edge Browser

Discus and support Query on Edge Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using Chrome and Firefox and out of interest I have trialled Edge. Now it seems to be a lot faster to come on line and I would like to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, May 13, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Query on Edge Browser

I have been using Chrome and Firefox and out of interest I have trialled Edge.

Now it seems to be a lot faster to come on line and I would like to know what everyone else thinks of this browser.

The only thing I cannot find yet is how to import bookmarks from the other browsers which would save me great deal o time in getting get all onto Edge.

But I would like some honest opinions of Edge first.

Oops found the import but still what about Edge as a whole as I have a friend who has Trend AV which will not use it right now. ??

:)

ICIT2LOL, May 13, 2017

2. Browser Toolbar & Favorites Question (not exactly duplicate)

Hi Yaelle,

Thank you for posting you query on Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the delayed response.

I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the article:

How To Import Bookmarks Into Edge Browser

How To Import Bookmarks Into Edge Browser

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 13, 2017
  3. Mcafee verizon internet security suite mutli device

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are trying to create Edge as a more secure browser, however you can submit your feedback using
    Send feedback in Edge.

Microsoft Edge: Building a safer browser - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, May 13, 2017
  4. prikker Win User

Query on Edge Browser

Tried Edge, but didn't like it. I'm hooked on Firefox.

prikker, May 13, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Edge is a work in progress, some would even class it as a rolling Beta product, Almost everyone I know uses a range of add-ons to make their Browser into something that works for them, this is great, it gives a user exactly the system they want, but it also adds overheads to the browser that makes it more complex, more likely to crash and slower in operation.

Edge has only recently gained the option to use Add-ons and there are few available. Because of this the Browser runs faster and smoother as no Add-ons affect it, but in actual use the user may take longer to perform a particular task as everything has to done manually

Basic thoughts - OK for what it is but needs work

Barman58, May 13, 2017
  6. prikker Win User
    About the addons. I especially miss I don't care about cookies. Those messages about cookies are drving me crazy.

prikker, May 13, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    I usually give Edge a whirl with each upgrade, but, it still lacks the functionality and features that I'm fond of in Chrome and Firefox.
    As @Barman58 said, 'a work in progress'

Edwin, May 13, 2017
  8. ICIT2LOL Win User

Query on Edge Browser

Yep well I don't mind it except for those awful site panels but have got rid of the and have set top sites but I did ask here
    Edge - Windows 10 Forums and if I could get that fixed it is faster than Chrome or Firefox but something needs to be done making the favourites showing the bar with the icon for that site rather than just a a miserable and unremarkable star - it requires pulling up the site and adding it again with the logo all time consuming. .

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Query on Edge Browser

1. Query on Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Query Edge Browser

2. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  3. Edge Favorites Query

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Query: Afternoon everyone. I've got a question that's not of real importance, but here goes. Is there a way to remove the 'remove duplicate favorites' from the favorites drop down menu? I don't want to remove favorites button, just the 'remove duplicate favorites' from the drop...
  4. edge chromium query

in Browsers and Email
    edge chromium query: After the win10 update yesterday I opened edge and it asked me if I wanted edge chromium. I bypassed it and just opened edge. However I have had a change of mind and would like to update to the chromium. How do I update to edge chromium now? Thanks in advance. 148506
  5. A query about Edge

in Browsers and Email
    A query about Edge: Hi When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder. I have now started using MS Edge, and it does not allow me to do same. Cant anyone advise please, its not helped by not having a menu bar. 120500
  6. A query about Edge

in Windows 10 News
    A query about Edge: Hi When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder. I have now started using MS Edge, and it does not allow me to do same. Cant anyone advise please, its not helped by not having a menu bar. 120500
  7. Query Edge settings

in Browsers and Email
    Query Edge settings: Simply I have set Edge to open with a specific site - my mail and the new tabs with top sites. However the opening page is just top sites no big deal as I have Outlook in top sites but would like to use that site for another site. So open = mail and new tab = top sites...
  8. Edge Query

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Query: I've just entered the 64 bit browser arena, with the recent installation of latest version of Waterfox. Based on marketing information, Edge has piqued my interest though, as it seems a well integrated product. No plug-ins to fret over as it's HTML5 compliant and a 64 bit...
  9. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765
  10. Query what build and browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Query what build and browser: I have one of my desktops loaded with 10 build 10130 and I am wondering how I can get it upgraded with the latest build. I want to do this fairly quickly as I don't get much time at home these days and I also want to get my old Toshiba laptop loaded too. I have had a look...