Windows 10: question about "all apps" list in start menu

Discus and support question about "all apps" list in start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When programs appear in the all apps list of the start menu I usually click don't show this in the list option, well now none of the apps are ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcman50, Sep 16, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

question about "all apps" list in start menu

When programs appear in the all apps list of the start menu I usually click don't show this in the list option, well now none of the apps are ever showing there, imagine that lol, is there anyway to get them to start showing again?

:)

tcman50, Sep 16, 2015
  2. BayoNX19 Win User

Start Menu No Default Selection For "Pinned Tiles" vs "All Apps"

This does not answer my question. I already have "Show app list in Start menu" on. I want to turn "Pinned tiles" OFF, or make "All apps" open INSTEAD OF "Pinned tiles" when I go to the start menu.

BayoNX19, Sep 16, 2015
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia question about "all apps" list in start menu :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Sep 16, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Your 'All apps' list is empty yeah?

I have never seen a 'don't show this' option in the 'All apps' list within the 'Start Menu'

Please could you post a screenshot, demonstrating this function, just in case this is something lost in translation
    Thanks

WhyMe, Sep 16, 2015
  5. Are you talking about the 'All Apps' list or the 'Most Used' list?

paulsalter, Sep 16, 2015
  6. tcman50 Win User
    oops, my bad, yes I am talking about the "most used" list.

tcman50, Sep 16, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
  8. tcman50 Win User

tcman50, Sep 16, 2015
  9. WhyMe Win User
    Well that must be because it's not there!! *Redface oops *Redface

So instead I thought I would try an experiment and see if the "Most used" list can be reset to default. I reasoned that this may be done by disabling then re-enabling the "Most used" list. So I gave it a try. And it worked.

Settings ► Personalisation ► Start ► Show most used apps

Just toggle it off and then on again! And it resets the list back to default! Then once you've used an app 4 or 5 times it'll appear on the list!

*Wink

WhyMe, Sep 16, 2015
  10. tcman50 Win User
    ok, thanks, will try it.

tcman50, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. question about "all apps" list in start menu - Similar Threads - question apps list

2. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  3. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  4. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  5. Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu

Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu: I can place a new folder or custom shortcut in the correct start menu location (current user or all users) but it will not appear in the All apps list. If I go to the folder or shortcut and right-click Pin to Start it will appear as a tile in the start menu, but still will...
  6. Question about Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Start Menu: After the upgrade to Fall Creators Update, I see some Apps in the All Apps Menu displaying the Nueva (Means New) label next to some Apps and folders. None of the Apps or folders are really new, they being there for a while. The label kind of bothers me and I would like to get...
  7. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  8. [Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups

in Windows 10 Support
    [Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups: Win10 forams plz halp mi. Iz ther a wai tu maek all apps list insted of groups (0-9, A, B, etc.)? when wif win7 i crated mi own foldrs in all aps menu. pls wni10 farum halp mi. 10857
  9. i have a simple question about Start Menu apps' colors

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a simple question about Start Menu apps' colors: hello how are you guys?? i have just installed windows 10 pro.. and the color of google chrome app is odd i dont know why https://i.imgur.com/SutmknJ.jpg i had windows 10 enterprise before but was not like this.. any idea? i know it's silly but its bothering...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...