Windows 10: Question about amd catalyst control center

Discus and support Question about amd catalyst control center in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Raied, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Raied Win User

Question about amd catalyst control center

Hello

After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU Manually

any advice please

:)

Raied, Mar 8, 2017

2. Opening/Installing AMD Catalyst Control Center for Windows 10

The original question was about the Catalyst Control Center, which is a monitor/graphics settings and configuration GUI program.

The answers concern installing AMD Catalyst graphics card drivers.

If you are looking to install drivers, this would be helpful.

If you wanted to get the Catalyst Control Center working on your Windows 10 PC, then it is not helpful.

DecosJuanMarcos, Mar 8, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    What is ATI Catalyst Control Center

ATi was bought by AMD years ago, so if your Catalyst Control Center says ATi, it's very old.

The Catalyst Control Center is used to customize the characteristics of AMD-based video cards. If you find its features useful, keep it. Otherwise you can uninstall it. Your AMD-based video card will work fine without it.

What is Catalyst Control Center?

BulldogXX, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Question about amd catalyst control center

Welcome to the TenForums @Raied

Sounds like something didn't install properly as I still have the AMD Catalyst Control center on the one laptop that I have with this video adapter.

Under display adapter in Device manager what adapter is showing and what version and manufacturer is the driver?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 8, 2017
  5. AMD Catalyst Control Center installs automatically, in the background, for me on a clean install. I have dual graphics but its AMD/AMD, APU/GPU.

alphanumeric, Mar 8, 2017
  6. Raied Win User
    Thanks for reply Guys

after upgrade the amd, intel not workm so i make online search and thay back to work

Now i want a way to disable amd and keep intel, and switch back to amd when i need it

check this out

Question about amd catalyst control center [​IMG]

Raied, Mar 8, 2017
  7. Great.

If you open task manager and on the processes tab sort by name so a's are at top. See if catalyst is running.

If it is then your notification options need to be changed. If it is not running we are likley back to something didn't get installed correctly.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 8, 2017
  8. Raied Win User

Thanks mate

please check the attached photos

Raied, Mar 8, 2017
  9. Great so now we know its installed and running.

Looks like you have all notifications showing.

In the screen shot where you show the Catalyst control center you will see the word Preferences in the upper right. Click on it. Third option down, "Enable System Tray menu". Click on this to get check mark.

It should appear in your systray.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 8, 2017
  10. Raied Win User
    i dont have "Enable System Tray menu" *Sad

please check this

Raied, Mar 9, 2017
  11. That is strange. How are you getting catalyst center opened without it to produce screen shots.

They installed that game icon, at least I think they did, very left of systray in red. Does that allow you to start catalyst?

Caledon Ken, Mar 9, 2017
  12. Have a look in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Notifications area > Select which Icons appear on the taskbar

alphanumeric, Mar 9, 2017
  13. Raied Win User

I did not understand what you mean *Huh

Please check attached photos, this is what i have only

Raied, Mar 9, 2017
  14. How are you opening Catalyst to produce screen shots?

The left most icon in systray or notification area is Raptr Desktop app. I think this came down with AMD. Does it have a option to opening Catalyst Control Center?

Caledon Ken, Mar 9, 2017
  15. On my laptop I see this.

Question about amd catalyst control center [​IMG]

alphanumeric, Mar 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Question about amd catalyst control center - Similar Threads - Question amd catalyst

2. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  3. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  4. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 update 2004 removed AMD Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update 2004 removed AMD Catalyst Control Center: I just had an update today I believe it said it was the Windows 10 update 2004 and after it did several reboots everything seem to load up fine. I did one reboot after like I usually do after I do an update and now it seems to have removed AMD Catalyst Control Center that...
  6. AMD Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD Catalyst Control Center: Hallo liebe Community, Ich habe im Task-Manager den Prozess "Catalyst Control Center" der für den Internet-Zugang Ethernet zuständig ist vermutlich gelöscht ... Was kann ich unternehmen? Vielen vielen Dank Gruß Günther...
  7. Windows Update INSTALLED!!! AMD Catalyst Control Center on it's own.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update INSTALLED!!! AMD Catalyst Control Center on it's own.: I had done a clean install of Windows 10 and was just finishing the tweaking. I like Windows 10. Yesterday, I had uninstalled AMD CCC and it's driver, downloaded the latest CCC software package, and just installed the drivers. I did not want CCC. All was well yesterday....
  8. Unable to install AMD Catalyst Control Center - install hangs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unable to install AMD Catalyst Control Center - install hangs: Hi, I'm running an MSI 280 Gaming 3G in my desktop. I never had trouble installing drivers until I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. I am now unable to install Catalyst Control Center. It gets stuck, as shown in the attached picture, during the install. When I attempt to cancel...
  9. Catalyst Control Center refuses to install AMD Mobility HD 4200

Catalyst Control Center refuses to install AMD Mobility HD 4200: Just as the title says, I'm able to install the drivers but not CCC which I kinda need. I use overscaling for my tv that it's plugged into via hdmi.I've tried using DDU for fresh install with the 2 most recent drivers for it in compatibility mode for Windows 7&8 and with...
  10. Catalyst Control Center gone

Catalyst Control Center gone: It was showing up fine in the past, but yesterday I installed the UX theme program, and after that, I noticed that right clicking on my desktop no longer gave me the option to open the Catalyst Control Center, nor does clicking on the little icon in the tray get it to open...