Windows 10: Question about Computer booting into BIOS not w10

Discus and support Question about Computer booting into BIOS not w10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, so the issue is, i got a NEWER(to me) MOBO and set up the computer as per-normal, the issue i'm facing is... when I power on the PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 403Phaze, Jan 18, 2018.

1. 403Phaze Win User

Question about Computer booting into BIOS not w10

Hey all,

so the issue is, i got a NEWER(to me) MOBO and set up the computer as per-normal, the issue i'm facing is...

when I power on the PC, it boots DIRECTLY into BIOS, not POST issues/start up messages

Checked CMOS battery, is still good and hold settings properly
    When I use another HDD (W7) it boots no problem, I double checked and made sure the setting for "legacy" wasn't legacy only and such....

much confusion, but any ideas of possible work arounds?

thanks;

:)

403Phaze, Jan 18, 2018

2. SSD formating for transwer

Sorry, but I don't know what you are referring to. The old computer had a SSD with W10. The new notebook has a UEFI type BIOS and since the old computer had a different type of BIOS that is not compatible with the new computer, the SSD that was booting perfectly
    on the old machine doesn't boot on the new computer although it is recognized.

My question is how to make the SSD drive to boot? Is there a way of making it bootable?

peter.t1013, Jan 18, 2018
  3. SSD formating for transwer

I want to transfer a 480GB SSD from an old computer with a Legacy BIOS with W10 pro operational to a new notebook with UEFI type BIOS. The SSD doesn't boot on the new notebook. How to make it work on the new notebook?

peter.t1013, Jan 18, 2018
  4. Question about Computer booting into BIOS not w10

Hi 403Phaze

So when you installed Windows was your disk MBR or GPT.

If UEFI needs to be GPT.

(With disk in machine and when you are in BIOS is your disk listed as possible boot?)

Caledon Ken, Jan 18, 2018
Thema:

Question about Computer booting into BIOS not w10

1. Question about Computer booting into BIOS not w10 - Similar Threads - Question Computer booting

2. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Look at details for questions it’s about bios: I really need help when I hold shift and click on restart then click advanced options then click UEFI Firmware Settings it doesn’t send me into bios instead it sends me into a page asking to select a language I click English then click the only other button reset and it just...
  3. Question about reinstalling W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about reinstalling W10: Hi. I have a Lenovo laptop which has come preinstalled with W10. I have connected it to wifi and Windows shows as "activated". However as there are a lot of unwanted preinstalled apps, I was considering reinstalling W10 from scratch using a bootable USB created from...
  4. Question about drive setup in Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about drive setup in Bios: Hi All, Opened Macrium Reflect this morning and just browsing around and noticed it had my M.2 SSD 250GB drive assigned to Disk 5. I opened Windows 10 Disk Management and noticed the M.2 drive was assigned to Disk 4. I failed to notice this when I first upgraded to all these...
  5. Questions about bios updating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about bios updating: Can anyone show me a detailed way to update my bios? [img] 59784
  6. Questions about W10 upgrade page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about W10 upgrade page: I can't move from 10240 to the next build via WU regardless of what I do (have done many things to try an make it work via windows update, all to no avail) I've reached the point of trying the Windows 10 site https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10 to upgrade to...
  7. Question about W10 Image.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about W10 Image.: I usually back up my current system by making an image on another disk. I just did that, and thought I wonder if anyone's tested it for reliability. I mean is it still working as intended in W10 64? 26764
  8. Question About W10 Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question About W10 Flash Drive: I am dual booting W10 and Ubuntu 14.04 on one computer and W7 and Ubuntu 14.04 on a Desktop. I have W10 on a Flash Drive that I made when I updated this Dell 960 small form 64 bit computer from W7 Home to W10 as a test about 8 months ago. I am ready to update my Dell 960...
  9. Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot: So, basically if we have a computer that doesn't have a UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot, then we can't upgrade to Windows 10? Am I right or wrong here? 4913
  10. A few Brief Questions about W10

in Windows 10 Support
    A few Brief Questions about W10: 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ? I unpinned the games, groove music, sports,...