Windows 10: Question about drive partition ~ see image

Discus and support Question about drive partition ~ see image in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone please look at the below hard drive partitions and tell me what the 12.6 GB partition 5 is and if its needed? Can I combine it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by provlima, Mar 30, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

Question about drive partition ~ see image

Can someone please look at the below hard drive partitions and tell me what the 12.6 GB partition 5 is and if its needed? Can I combine it with partition 3? Thanks for your help

Question about drive partition  ~  see image [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Mar 30, 2018

2. Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive. Some required files are missing.

My partitions are from left to right (drive management) recovery, EFI, C: I tried using partition3 and it gave an error. The only partition it succeeds on is
    partition1. But when I create the recovery drive using a 16 GB USB stick with the option to store system files, it successfully works but less than 512 MB is used. So it really isn't storing the system files. According to your instructions
    I should use partition3 like:

reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition3\Recovery\WindowsRE

Question about drive partition  ~  see image [​IMG]

C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition3\Recovery\WindowsRE

REAGENTC.EXE: The Windows RE image cannot be stored in the specified volume. Use the RETAIN command in DISKPART to prepare the volume and try again.

C:\Windows\system32>

So I could use some help here. It also didn't like partition2. Partition1 it liked and this fixed the original problem where trying to create a recovery disk failed. But it isn't copying the system files.

John Gardner, Mar 30, 2018
  3. mac1-131 Win User
    Windows 10 Home: A PROBLEM HAS OCCURRED WHILE CREATING THE RECOVERY DRIVE

it's probably the one that says recovery

so sounds like you have 4 partitions (so do I as I have a D: drive also) and on mine, the one labelled recovery is the 3rd one

I would just try the command with all 4 because it will only like the one that contains the recovery (RE) environment. or you could just see if partition3 is the right one the first time.

I did partition1, partition2, then partition3 and when I hit that one the command said success

Then create recovery drive worked and I made a USB recovery stick and it boots fine

good luck!

mac1-131, Mar 30, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

It look like it's Dell's factory reset image partition. If so, Disk Management should say that it's an OEM partition.

5. Steve C Win User
    You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard (MTPW) to peruse that partition and decide if you want to keep it. I deleted all Dell bloatware from my Dell laptop and just use the standard Windows tools and Reflect for backups.

You can use MTPW to delete Partition 5, move Partition 4 to the right then expand Partition 3 to use the adjacent free space.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about drive partition ~ see image - Similar Threads - Question drive partition

2. Question about deleting a partition.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about deleting a partition.: [ATTACH] For some reason MSI made two partition on the 500GB M.2 SSD on my GS65 (drive C for Windows and D for Data). I recently added a 1TB nvme to the laptop and was wondering if it was ok for me to delete Drive D so that there are only 2 partitions on my laptop. I'm not...
  3. Question about EFI partition.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about EFI partition.: I converted my boot drive to GPT a couple of days ago. Took a bit of effort because I used minitools instead of reimaging. I had to re-register a couple of pieces of software but other than all my software and hardware are functioning correctly. This is a snapshot of the MS...
  4. Question about bootable image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about bootable image: Hey guys, I thought I'd turn here and ask you lovely gurus about this. I used to work in the IT department if a rather large Sandwich shop in Chicago that had done something that I am trying to replicate. Long story short, the way they would setup and distribute the company...
  5. Question about recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about recovery partition: OneKey Recovery no longer works on my laptop, presumably because of a clean install, so I'm planning to start using Macrium Reflect. There's a hidden partition called "PRB_DRV". How can I tell whether it's safe to delete this partition? 131144
  6. Question about imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about imaging: Admittedly I am very lax on doing an image. I did a macrium one prob over a year ago and it took a long time to do my c: (SSD 400 gigs) and f: drive (mechanical HD 2 TB). Lack of spare time stops me doing it. My question is would you guys bother imaging your secondary drive....
  7. Question about partition on my main drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about partition on my main drive: I got this drive image from my Macrium Reflect Home edition and don't understand the last partition? is there something wrong here? Thanks! *Smile 56307
  8. A Couple Questions About Partitions

A Couple Questions About Partitions: Hello forum, I'm a bit of a newbie as far as computers go. I've had this rig currently for about a year and am always messing with it to learn more about computers as I consider it a hobby and learning experience. Today I decided to take a look at the current disk situation...
  9. a question about partitions

a question about partitions: [img] I would like 2 know if its possible to some how reclaim the unallocated space and merge it back with C: windows drive... I know disk management wont allow it because the unallocated space isn't adjacent to the main partition... the 2 smaller recovery partitions...
  10. A question about file systems on C drive partitions

A question about file systems on C drive partitions: A while back I was surprised to see 13 partitions on the C drive of my small hybrid device, but I was devised it was not uncommon or a problem. I have just noticed (using Speccy) that some partitions have NTFS while others have FAT and FAT 32. I was expecting them to be all...