Windows 10: Question about file explorer

Discus and support Question about file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer. When I open a map, in the navigation panel on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maxblast, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Maxblast Win User

Question about file explorer

Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer.

When I open a map, in the navigation panel on the left side, I have a list of maps, files, quick access, libraries, network links, recent maps and files etc etc.

What I would like is a simple path to my opened map on the left side and not this list I now have.

I looked at most of the settings but cannot find the right setting for this "simple" view.

The Quick access option appears not to be working. It is not unfolding and greyed out.

All tips are more than welcome.

:)

Maxblast, Jan 23, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 23, 2017
  3. Osalty Win User
    Lost favorites after last Windows 10 update !!!

No they did not help me.

I was talking about Internet explorer not file explorer.

Please read my question it detail and try to answer it, thanks you.

Also please try to answer my question about losing my Windows Live Mail emails that were it the folders, thank you.

Osalty, Jan 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Question about file explorer - Similar Threads - Question file explorer

2. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW: Dear Microsoft support team,Thank you very much for your providing Microsoft product/service.Could you please help me about Windows-File Explorer View:Example: in folder 1: there are 2 files file 1, file 2.When view these, it shows preview of e.g. file 2 at right-pane.How to...
  3. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW: Dear Microsoft support team,Thank you very much for your providing Microsoft product/service.Could you please help me about Windows-File Explorer View:Example: in folder 1: there are 2 files file 1, file 2.When view these, it shows preview of e.g. file 2 at right-pane.How to...
  4. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Questions about Internet Explorer ....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about Internet Explorer ....: I am a software developer and I have an application that uses the CHtmlView control.As the same time, I have some code that allows me to enumerate the installed web browsers so that the user can display the file in one of those browsers.Fortunately, after upgrading to Windows...
  6. Questions about Internet Explorer ....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions about Internet Explorer ....: I am a software developer and I have an application that uses the CHtmlView control.As the same time, I have some code that allows me to enumerate the installed web browsers so that the user can display the file in one of those browsers.Fortunately, after upgrading to Windows...
  7. File Explorer Question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Question.: So I recently reinstalled windows 10.My Problem is, before I would open File Explorer and be able to see and expand all drives and folders in a tree. By clicking on a plus sign.Since the the reinstall I can only click on a single drive to see it's folders , but cant see the...
  8. Question about File Explorer search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about File Explorer search: Currently, I'm on 1909. Is there a way to make it so it automatically starts searching as you type like it used to a while ago? If you don't understand what I mean, you could type in part of whatever folder or file you were looking for and as you typed out the name it would...
  9. Question about Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Explorer: When I open File Explorer, the navigation pane shows these folders: [img] When I right click a file or folder and copy or move to folder, I get this: [img] My problem is Google Drive is not included in the right click option, any way to get that? 1903 *.959 160839
  10. Question on File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on File explorer: Maybe the answer is in the tutorials, but I couldn't find it. So How can I add the Move To command to file explorers pull down menu?? It is listed at the top, but not in the pull down menu. 22461