Windows 10: Question about file explorer

Discus and support Question about file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer. When I open a map, in the navigation panel on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maxblast, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Maxblast Win User

Question about file explorer

Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer.

When I open a map, in the navigation panel on the left side, I have a list of maps, files, quick access, libraries, network links, recent maps and files etc etc.

What I would like is a simple path to my opened map on the left side and not this list I now have.

I looked at most of the settings but cannot find the right setting for this "simple" view.

The Quick access option appears not to be working. It is not unfolding and greyed out.

All tips are more than welcome.

:)

Maxblast, Jan 23, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 23, 2017
  3. Osalty Win User
    Lost favorites after last Windows 10 update !!!

No they did not help me.

I was talking about Internet explorer not file explorer.

Please read my question it detail and try to answer it, thanks you.

Also please try to answer my question about losing my Windows Live Mail emails that were it the folders, thank you.

Osalty, Jan 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Question about file explorer - Similar Threads - Question file explorer

2. File Explorer View Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer View Questions: When looking at a drive or folder, a grotty great apparently unremovable & unresizable panel appears on the right. It contains no information I need, takes up way too much screen space, and makes it all but impossible to look at two folders, drives, etc. at once to evaluate...
  3. Question about File History usage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about File History usage: I was preparing to set up file history between my PC and a USB hard drive and before initiating the process, I went through the Bluetooth folder on the PC and dragged the photos and videos which were in there to their permanent storage place in my respective Photo and Video...
  4. Question about File History usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about File History usage: I was preparing to set up file history between my PC and a USB hard drive and before initiating the process, I went through the Bluetooth folder on the PC and dragged the photos and videos which were in there to their permanent storage place in my respective Photo and Video...
  5. Question about Onedrive deleting files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Onedrive deleting files?: I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s. When I update that folder I just want to delete it from Onedrive and recopy the entire folder. When I delete that folder will Onedrive try to delete the folder or files on my...
  6. Question about a file in two places... or not.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about a file in two places... or not.: I've always assumed that any Windows file can be in two folder locations at the same time using the same file name, but I just noticed something strange and wonder what's going on. If I send an email message using my Windows Live Mail client and attached a Word .doc file,...
  7. File Explorer question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer question: when I scroll in file explorer and stop, after a second the screen returns to the starting point - why? How do I get it to leave me where I scrolled?...
  8. A question about the prefetch files

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about the prefetch files: What happens when you remove the prefetch files? Does this cause the system to stop? 94945
  9. Question about dump files

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about dump files: Hi , is there does anyone knows how can i translate my sistem information and dump files to english ? I'm trying to fix these BSOD problems im having but i cant get the help i need because my information is in spanish sadly. If anyone could lend me a hand i would...
  10. Question on File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on File explorer: Maybe the answer is in the tutorials, but I couldn't find it. So How can I add the Move To command to file explorers pull down menu?? It is listed at the top, but not in the pull down menu. 22461