Windows 10: Question About General Drivers' Dates

Discus and support Question About General Drivers' Dates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, so I've noticed this a long time ago, and it's stil the case. I'm just curious to why the majority of general drivers' dates in the Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pepanee, Jul 10, 2017.

1. pepanee Win User

Question About General Drivers' Dates

Hello, so I've noticed this a long time ago, and it's stil the case. I'm just curious to why the majority of general drivers' dates in the Device Manager are dated as: 6/21/2006

Why so old? Why hasn't there been updates to those drivers ever (since 2006)? I'm just curious to what the reason for not updating them is.

Question About General Drivers' Dates [​IMG]

:)

pepanee, Jul 10, 2017

2. General questions about Cortana

Thanks for the reply Mark.

So Mark, you are telling me, that not even the first one is possible? I cant even turn off search and simply chat with Cortana? (It seems that would be the easiest to do out of my inquires)

You see, I own Dragon NaturalySpeaking ver 14. I can use it to search into the internet, any search engine I want, via voice and it will dictate for me into reply boxes in places like youtube. It doesn't have an AI but it seems neither does Cortana - and
    Cortana cannot even do the common things Dragon has been able to do for years. It's really sad but with Cortana lacking so much functionality, she's not worth using.

Can you tell me, Is Microsoft even working on such features? Where can I go to find out what the next version of Cortana will have and when it will be released?

Thank you.

ElectricRider, Jul 10, 2017
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    General questions about Cortana

Hello,

While we do understand that these suggestions are a great addition to Cortana's feature, they're not yet available and is something that we'd love to see in the future. In the mean time, feel free to check out these helpful links that provides tips and neat
    tricks on how to effectively use Cortana:

10 tips and tricks to make you a Cortana pro on Windows 10

The hidden tricks of Cortana

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mark Isi, Jul 10, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jul 11, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    I see. Kind of a strange method to be using in the year 2017. Everything is so advanced & that ideology still exists.

pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Question About General Drivers' Dates - Similar Threads - Question General Drivers'

2. General questions about configuring laptop for the best performance.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    General questions about configuring laptop for the best performance.: Hi all, I had some questions regarding improvements in my computer, specifically for gaming, even though my laptop is not suited to do so all that much. However, until I can upgrade, which will be quite some time, I was looking to get the absolute best gaming experience I...
  3. Some general questions about Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some general questions about Bitlocker: Today I was told I should look into Bitlocker so I'm trying to determine if it fits my needs and can be implemented without too much pain. I currently have a 20GB VeraCrypt "container" on a NAS drive. A script commands VeraCrypt to mount this as a specific drive letter (which...
  4. general question

in Windows 10 Support
    general question: ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz Installed RAM8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable) Device ID2A19870F-A938-4F6A-A546-98CBA23F63BA Product ID00330-80000-00000-AA420 System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is...
  5. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: I just had a general question about a setup that I have done. I built my PC and I have an M.2SSD which the os and programs are installed on. From there, I have two SSD drives which I put all the recent jobs that Im working on. From there, I have a dedicated scratch SSD that...
  6. General question

in Windows 10 Support
    General question: I'm trying to help a friend. Ever since he installed the newest Windows 10 updates all of his non-window icons have disappeared. The exe file for his antivirus is not visible (although it says it's properly installed). Something as simply as a yahoo mail app can't be found....
  7. General question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General question: I realize this doesn't pertain directly to Microsoft. I just trying to seek an answer. This morning I opened my computer and I haven't opened a browser. This popup was on my screen. It reads: Security Alert. Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is...
  8. General question about ffmpeg

in Windows 10 Support
    General question about ffmpeg: Hello, I am just curious and could not find an answer, so I'll ask here, please. Have some multimedia programs (video and audio) all portables. Each one has "ffmpeg,exe" in its folder. But file sizes are different: 269 kb to 448 kb, and one even 34,334 kb. Recently downloaded...
  9. USB drivers architecture general questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drivers architecture general questions: If you have two identical model USB printers plugged to the same machine, how does the printer know to print to the right one, is it based on what port the printer is plugged into or do all USB devices have unique IDs. When you plug a USB device in (E.G keyboard) if I...
  10. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: Guys, I know this is not really about Windows10. However I trust your opinion in matters of tech! So, what I want to know is about my Phone. It has an internal only battery, so I can't remove it. Does this mean that it can always be Tracked?? (Like in he movies).*Sad 82232