Windows 10: Question About Going From Windows 10 Back to Windows 7

Discus and support Question About Going From Windows 10 Back to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I plan on doing the same thing as Voyager1 with just a slight modification. I have posted this question elsewhere as well, so sorry for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimSputnik, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Question About Going From Windows 10 Back to Windows 7

I plan on doing the same thing as Voyager1 with just a slight modification.
    I have posted this question elsewhere as well, so sorry for the duplication.

Currently I dual-boot - Win7 Pro 64-bit (OEM) on one drive and WinXP Pro on another drive (using EasyBCD)
    I have a spare drive and what I was planning on doing was clone my Win7 to it and then do a free Win10 upgrade on that cloned drive.
    I would "test out" Win10 to see if I liked it while still using the Win7 on the other drive.
    Because the cloned Win7 would have its license upgraded to a Win10 license, would I have any problems using the Win7 on the original drive?
    More importantly, can I leave all 3 drives active in the machine while I do all of this?
    Thanks.

dlwmacgregor, Jun 8, 2015

2. Of course I have. I've used Acronis, EaseUS, and Macrium throughout the years, and now I use CrashPlan and SOS, two online solutions. However, a full system backup wouldn't have helped if it had been correct that taking advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade offer invalidated the Windows 7 key, as per the speculation at the time. Now, of course, we know that not to be true, and a full system backup is a good way back to 7 since the 7 key will remain valid.

By the way, I tried Windows 10, and it's a pile of garbage. I don't like their forced Windows updates.

Lastly, regarding your "Backup! Backup! Backup! You'll be glad you did." signature, it should read "Back up! Back up! Back up!" A "backup" is what results from backing up your data. You want the verb form here (back up), not the noun (backup). Even online backup programs like SOS and CrashPlan can't get it right, so it's not surprising you cannot, either.

JimSputnik, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Question About Going From Windows 10 Back to Windows 7

1. Question About Going From Windows 10 Back to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Question Going

2. I have a very complicated question and I am really going out on a limb and hoping someone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a very complicated question and I am really going out on a limb and hoping someone...: I am in possession of a Nokia Mural 6750 a flip phone from around 2009 that is from my understanding locked from using a new sim card. I have contacted at&t from my understanding the original carrier for this phone and they have told me that this phone was not with them and...
  3. I have a very complicated question and I am really going out on a limb and hoping someone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a very complicated question and I am really going out on a limb and hoping someone...: I am in possession of a Nokia Mural 6750 a flip phone from around 2009 that is from my understanding locked from using a new sim card. I have contacted at&t from my understanding the original carrier for this phone and they have told me that this phone was not with them and...
  4. Edit: Please don't reply - I am going to rewrite my question with more detail and then...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edit: Please don't reply - I am going to rewrite my question with more detail and then...: Edit: Please don't reply - I am going to rewrite my question with more detail and then resubmit it...In Windows 10 and later when I migrate to 11, how do I set up a backup using File History under a sub-directory I created - as opposed to the root directory?When I set up the...
  5. It has been five years is this question ever going to be answered?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It has been five years is this question ever going to be answered?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-has-been-five-years-is-this-question-ever-going/85a173a7-bbb5-4b45-9dea-cda026d1c9d9
  6. It has been five years is this question ever going to be answered?

It has been five years is this question ever going to be answered?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-has-been-five-years-is-this-question-ever-going/85a173a7-bbb5-4b45-9dea-cda026d1c9d9
  7. It has been five years is this question ever going to be answered?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Where does my question go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does my question go?: When I submit a question here on the Microsoft website answers.microsoft.com, where does my question go and how can I see the answers that someone might provide? I checked the box to be notified when someone responds, but it doesn't say how I'll be notified. I didn't enter in...
  9. Where does my question go?

Where does my question go?: When I submit a question here on the Microsoft website answers.microsoft.com, where does my question go and how can I see the answers that someone might provide? I checked the box to be notified when someone responds, but it doesn't say how I'll be notified. I didn't enter in...
  10. Where does my question go?

in Windows 10 Customization