Windows 10: Question about IE 11?

Discus and support Question about IE 11? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I thought I'd try using IE 11, since it's the first time I've been able to get it to work correctly since Windows 7. But I can't find a way to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Question about IE 11?

Hi

I thought I'd try using IE 11, since it's the first time I've been able to get it to work correctly since Windows 7.

But I can't find a way to import my favorites from Chrome, (I know how to do it the other way around).

Also it there a way to get it to display favorites in a bar across the top, like Chrome instead of on a dropdown list.

I see a folder in the dropdown named "Favorites Bar" but I can't find a way to display it.

I have to say that it loads faster than Chrome, but I'd like to be able to get to my favorites quickly and have them visible as they are in Chrome.

Windows 10, IE 11, is the first time that IE has been able to display my Comcast Home Page in years.

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 27, 2014

2. Questions about favorites in IE

What I have been doing is sending myself an email with about 10 links in the body of the message. I click on the link, it loads the page then I save it as a favorite.

I did try sending a zipped file of all my favorites but you cannot open the shortcuts that are in the favorites folder. They are not recognized ... bummer!

I have a lot of favorites but have been selective in what I've been sending myself and so far it has worked out well.

Jack Cook

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Lead Moderator

Windows Phone Forums

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/phone

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 27, 2014
  3. Questions about favorites in IE

Is there a way to sync the favorites from IE on my pc to my Windows Phone? I want to copy all my favorites over, and not have to do them one at a time. I found the Send to WP7 app, but I believe you have to do the pages one at a time.

Darth Mikey D, Oct 27, 2014
  4. Question about IE 11?

Right click in the header and you should be able to select the favourites bar across the top

For favourites
    Select the button at the right to display favourites
    Next to the Add to button is a drop down, select import/export from here
    chose from a file and then favourites on next page
    point this to you chrome favourites location (not sure if you need to export from chrome first to a file)

Hope that helps

paulsalter, Oct 27, 2014
  5. Hi Yes it helps if you export your Bookmarks to a html file first in Chrome,
    Then Import that html file in ie,
    You get a new Bookmarks folder under the favorites bar and favorites listing,
    I would usually delete the favorites folder listing and just use the bookmarks folder
    The advantage of this is if you Reset ie and delete personal settings your Bookmarks folder is unaffected by the reset *Wink
    Alt+VTF will bring up the Favorites bar,

The quickest way to get to favorites is to use Alt+A *Wink

I guess I will add this,
    After you Import the html file into ie,
    Click the Star and use the drop down list next to Add to Favorites and click on Organize favorites,
    The Bookmarks folder and right click inside the list and click on Sort by Name
    I'll assume you named sites by name *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 27, 2014
  6. topgundcp Win User
    • Right click on the IE title ->Tick on Menu to display the Menu Bar under the title
    • From the Menu: File->Import and Export -> from another browser -> select Chrome
    • After step 2. Right click on the IE title again then select Favorites Bar

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Question about IE 11?

1. Question about IE 11? - Similar Threads - Question

2. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  3. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  4. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  6. I have no question. I found a profound error

I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  7. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  8. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  9. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

10. My laptop is having questionable problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having questionable problems: I have been having a problem in my laptop where it suddenly closes it self off randomly when I am gaming, It is very annoying. When I am playing online, sometimes my laptop turns off and also temporally cuts out the internet from my laptop. And I am not playing such high...