Windows 10: Question about login order in Windows 10

Discus and support Question about login order in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Just got a new laptop with windows 10 pre-installed. When I boot up, Windows always tries to use the disabled Administrator user to sign in first, then... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by holerbot6000, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Question about login order in Windows 10

Just got a new laptop with windows 10 pre-installed. When I boot up, Windows always tries to use the disabled Administrator user to sign in first, then tells me it is disabled and proceeds to my user, which has admin privileges. I understand how to enable the hidden admin user, but is there any way to re-order the log-in routine so that it will skip trying to use that disabled admin and go straight to mine? It's a minor annoyance but it adds time to the boot-up. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

:)

holerbot6000, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Jessen P Win User

How to change login screen wallpaper/color WIN10?

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

1. Are you referring to the Lock screen or the Login screen?

2. Is the computer activated?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Can't change User name in Windows 10

Hi Barbaraa,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

1. Are you the administrator of the computer?

2. Did you set any login password?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Question about login order in Windows 10

Hello Holerbot6000, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you may have Windows set to automatically sign in to the Administrator account at startup. Double check using the tutorial below to make sure that you either turn this off or set it for your account.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  5. That worked perfectly. Thank you SO much!!!

holerbot6000, Aug 28, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Question about login order in Windows 10

1. Question about login order in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Question login order

2. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about old login after Windows Upgrade: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I installed Windows 11 onto a new SSD. I have the files and access to the old drive where the old Windows 10 is stored. I can no longer boot that old drive with Windows 10, though. I forget the old email I used to sign in to...
  3. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about old login after Windows Upgrade: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I installed Windows 11 onto a new SSD. I have the files and access to the old drive where the old Windows 10 is stored. I can no longer boot that old drive with Windows 10, though. I forget the old email I used to sign in to...
  4. Question about boot order

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about boot order: I have a question about boot order. I have an Optiplex 9020 with Windows 10 21H1 on a 240 gb ssd and a 1 tb hdd for storage. Windows boots just fine but I was looking in bios and noticed that my first boot device is 'hard drive' rather than 'windows boot manager.' Can someone...
  5. Question about Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows 10: So now I bought a new pc and it is using the windows 10 pro trial version. So I want to install windows 10 home on my pc and how to do it, do I just change the product key, or use a hard drive. Because I am using Windows 10 Pro trial and if I bought Windows 10 home do I...
  6. Question about Windows 10

Question about Windows 10: So now I bought a new pc and it is using the trial version. So I want to install windows 10 on my pc and how to do it, do I just change the product key, or use a hard drive, I don't know. Any advice submitted by /u/liminheng [link] [comments]...
  7. Question about auto login

Question about auto login: Hi! I got 3 user accounts on my Windows10 desktop. 1 admin and 2 standart users. Is it possible to make windows auto login to my account (standart user with password) but still stay on login screen and require password to reach the desktop? submitted by /u/Erfid [link]...
  8. Questions about installing Windows 10

Questions about installing Windows 10: I currently have Windows 7 and I think it's time I finally make the switch to Windows 10 since the support for Windows 7 has stopped. This is the first time I'm upgrading and I'm not really sure how this process works. I see where it says "Download tool now" on the Microsoft...
  9. Questions about installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about installing Windows 10: Split from this thread. I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD. Here goes . . . Do I have to delete everything on my computer, to then do the install? Or will be done during the install? How...
  10. Question about windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about windows 10: I just ordered parts for a new computer and now need to get windows 10. Does it have a free trial period? Can i just make a usb install and then buy it after i'm online? 40126