Windows 10: Question about media creation tool

Discus and support Question about media creation tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys. I have just downloaded media creation tool from MS. File version says 10.0.15063.0 Is this the correct version for CU? Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eLPuSHeR, Apr 7, 2017.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Question about media creation tool

Hello guys.

I have just downloaded media creation tool from MS.

File version says 10.0.15063.0

Is this the correct version for CU? Can I download the ISO and upgrade my current Anniversary Update?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Apr 7, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Question about the Media Creation Tool

Download MTC and use the USB build. Open it in File Explorer and click on Setup.

lacrumb, Apr 7, 2017
  3. MehradSys Win User

Hi there,

Currently my machine ruining Windows 10 Build 10240 but Windows update says your device is update and does not get November update for me, i heard i can use media creation tool for reinstall new build of windows, I've upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7
    ultimate via free upgrade offer, if i use media creation tool and fresh installation how about serial number and windows activation?

thank you before

MehradSys, Apr 7, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Thanks. Already installed without issues.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Question about media creation tool - Similar Threads - Question media creation

2. About the 20H2 Media Creation tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About the 20H2 Media Creation tool: Last week i tried to format my PC due to some technical probs like file corruption and crashes due to drivers. Usually i would stick to media creation tool but i didnt expect the media creation tool to be somewhat problamatic part from the usb installation thingy. The problem...
  3. Question about Windows Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows Creation Tool: So im getting a my first pc in a month and downloaded the Windows Creation Tool , My question is , immediatly after downloading my laptop shut down and had a "Press [ESC] to start up properly" or something like that is that supposed to happen? NOTE: i clicked that i want to...
  4. MR Media Creation Tool Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MR Media Creation Tool Question: I'm running 1903. When I go to create a bootable rescue media in MR, it brings up a PE 1709 version. Is it safe to assume that all the files and drivers necessary to boot in 1903 is the same as was with 1709? 133940
  5. Windows Media Creation tool Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Creation tool Question: My PC keeps freezing on me and because of my idiocy I did not create a restore drive or create a new install media when I upgraded Win 7 to Win 10. I am needing to reset my Win 10 system and I need to run the media creation tool to help resolve this issue. My question is do I...
  6. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive and then use the flash drive to do a clean install of Windows 10, will WinRE be used for any part of the process? I’m asking because I have an old laptop running Windows 10 that doesn’t like the latest...
  7. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions. 1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool)...
  8. Two questions about the Media Creation Tool

Two questions about the Media Creation Tool: Good day all, Sorry if this has been answered before. Here are my questions: 1. When I use the Media Creation Tool from the official Microsoft link (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/soft...5-8e96988880a4) will it download the Windows 10 ISO that includes the Anniversary...
  9. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: I plan on doing a clean install. My question is do I still need to upgrade to windows 10 first or can I just enter the windows 7 key during the clean install of windows 10? Thank you for this information 9372
  10. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: I have a USB installation thumb drive that I created using the Media Creation Tool back in August 2015 to clean install on a new laptop. I may have the time I need to upgrade my desktop and I am preparing everything I need for a clean install. Will I need to create a...