Windows 10: Question about reverting back to Windows 7

Discus and support Question about reverting back to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi to all forum members. I have just now upgraded my Windows 7 Acer Aspire 5542G laptop to Windows 10. I do know that I can revert back to Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ronfrew, May 21, 2016.

1. ronfrew Win User

Question about reverting back to Windows 7

Hi to all forum members. I have just now upgraded my Windows 7 Acer Aspire 5542G laptop to Windows 10. I do know that I can revert back to Windows 7 and then re-activate Windows 10 at a later date. My question is, if I do revert back to Windows 7 then do a factory reset on my laptop back to factory settings, would I still be able to re-activate to Windows 10 at a later date?
    regards, Ron

:)

ronfrew, May 21, 2016

2. Question about reverting back to windows 8.1

I wanted to ask about reverting back to a previous windows.

It says that I might lose some apps that were installed. I have had this computer since the beginning of this year and had some antivirus software and Microsoft Office installed onto the machine as well, however, these were installed by the shop from which
    I bought the laptop, so I have not got the required details to reinstall them should I lose them. Therefore, will I lose these programs if I revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks

Sam Easton, May 21, 2016
  3. Question about reverting back to windows 8.1

Hi Sam,

Ideally you shouldn't loose these programs, but it is a good idea to make a note of the product key of these products so that you can reinstall them incase if anything goes wrong. Most of the PC manufacturer's would supply you with a disc and product of
    additional software that are installed in your PC. If you don't have them, then you can refer to the following links to check your product key:

Using product keys with Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013

Using product keys with Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013

Once you have the product key, even if you face any issues, you can download the office software and activate using the product key.

Bennet Martin, May 21, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Positively yes.

Once you have windows 10 installed and activated, you have the Digital Entitlement. That is good for the life of your computer.
    Going back to Win 7 and factory reset makes no difference. (Provided you do not change motherboard.)
    You are still entitled to re-install Windows 10 in the same computer any time you want and as often as you want.
    There is no time restriction as to when you want to re-install.

davidhk, May 21, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Please tell me you're making at least one if not two full image backups of your OS and data partitions before and after any such major undertakings onto at least one if not two usb external hard-drives.

RolandJS, May 21, 2016
  6. ronfrew Win User
    Thanks davidhk and rolandjs for replies. Windows 10 was giving me a load of problems so for the moment i have went back to Win 7, my laptop has a good collection of junk programs I have downloaded in the past I do not even use and forgotten about. I suspect there lies my problem.
    To be honest I have not made any backups at all before now but I will be saving my pictures folder and some document folders before I clean install my Windows 7. In the future I will be going back to Windows 10 (after a good read through this forum)
    regards Ron

ronfrew, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about reverting back to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Question reverting

2. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  3. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  4. Question about the authenticator app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I don't even know how to ask this question...

I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  6. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  7. Windows 11 Revert to Windows 10 and Keyboard Shortcut Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Revert to Windows 10 and Keyboard Shortcut Questions: Hello,I work with Assistive technology in the state of New Mexico. Currently we have some blind users that are accidently upgrading to the new Windows 11 and having issues navigating using assistive programs like Jaws. Currently if we catch it within the 10 day grace period...
  8. Windows 11 Revert to Windows 10 and Keyboard Shortcut Questions

Windows 11 Revert to Windows 10 and Keyboard Shortcut Questions: Hello,I work with Assistive technology in the state of New Mexico. Currently we have some blind users that are accidently upgrading to the new Windows 11 and having issues navigating using assistive programs like Jaws. Currently if we catch it within the 10 day grace period...
  9. Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?: I messed up with some settings on my windows 10 pc but I can't remember which ones and I would like to know if it is possible to revert back ALL my settings to default but without deleting any files or programs thank you! submitted by /u/Bloodydamage [link] [comments]...
  10. Question about reverting to windows 7 and reactivating.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about reverting to windows 7 and reactivating.: Hi all, ill try to explain as clearly as i can. 1. I had an SSD with Windows 7 (legit), i upgraded it to Windows 10 without any problems. 2. I bought a bigger SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 and it was still activated, as it should be. 3. I then bought a whole...