Windows 10: Question about sfc /scannow...

Discus and support Question about sfc /scannow... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having some irreparable results in sfc /scannow. I know this is a long shot in the dark but I thought it is worth asking. My question here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wyatt, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Wyatt Win User

Question about sfc /scannow...

I'm having some irreparable results in sfc /scannow.

I know this is a long shot in the dark but I thought it is worth asking.

My question here is...is it possible that windows registry and system files have duplicates and thus sfc /scannow returns them in the results as "unable to repair"?

:)

Wyatt, Jun 26, 2016
  2. Buffy201 Win User

sfc /scannow

This did not work .. My laptop won't even boot to windows

Buffy201, Jun 26, 2016
  3. SFC/SCANNOW

Looks like a faulty drive.Please check the drive with diagnostics provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Question about sfc /scannow...

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Wyatt Win User
    Wyatt, Jun 27, 2016
  6. Wyatt Win User
    Steps I took to clear irreparable sfc /scannow results.

Note: I downloaded and mounted my version of Windows ISO from Tech Bench. (in my case...Win10_1511_2_SingleLang_English_x64.iso)
    I turned off Fast Startup.
    I restarted the system after each scan completed.

1. I ran sfc /scannow in elevated command prompt three times and rebooted after each.

2. In the following command line, I changed the ? to the drive letter of the recently mounted iso. From ? to E.
    Note the difference:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:?:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

3. I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess in an elevated command prompt. Rebooted when completed.

4. I ran sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt two times and rebooted after each.

The end results are as follows...

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]
    The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

[Restarted the system]

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Wyatt, Jun 27, 2016
  7. Congrats, you are 100% cleared up with no more problem's in sfc /scannow.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Question about sfc /scannow...

1. Question about sfc /scannow... - Similar Threads - Question sfc scannow

2. About sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About sfc/scannow: Yesterday I did sfc/scannow to check my system files are OK. After finished I got message windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I go to CBS file to check . I found repaire : onedrive.ink from store onedrive I unistall it from my pc...
  3. About sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About sfc/scannow: Yesterday I did sfc/scannow to check my system files are OK. After finished I got message windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I go to CBS file to check . I found repaire : onedrive.ink from store onedrive I unistall it from my pc...
  4. About sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  6. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  7. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  8. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  9. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /SCANNOW Question: Just got a Windows Update. Build 17134.285. After everything installed and updated, I ran sfc /scannow and it said I had corrupted files it could not fix. Use the log created do an online repair? So there is a way to fix the file corruption without re-installing Windows? 117934