Windows 10: Question about Sony Vaio Drivers

Discus and support Question about Sony Vaio Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a sony vaio SVF15213SN Laptop. Sony recently released drives for it, but they say that you have to be on windows 8.1 for the drivers to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Multikill, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Multikill Win User

Question about Sony Vaio Drivers

I have a sony vaio SVF15213SN Laptop. Sony recently released drives for it, but they say that you have to be on windows 8.1 for the drivers to download and then you can upgrade to windows 10. But I already upgraded (did a clean install) to windows 10 enterprise when it was released. So is there a way for me to download drivers through any other source because I cannot install Vaio Update application.

:)

Multikill, Nov 19, 2015

2. After WIN 10 upgrade my Sony Vaio BD RE writer does not work anymore

My Sony Vaio BD RE writer processes CD and DVD-disks correctly but BD disks are not correctly recognized

and meanwhile I have miswritten about 4 BD-disks.

Searching Internet I found that WIN 10 drivers for Sony Vaio BD RE writers seem not to be available.

Sony recommends to downgrade the Vaio to WIN 7 or buy a new Sony Vaio with WIN 10 ???

Checked the system and found the disk writer is defined as Toshiba MK6461 GSY.

Please advise when or where the correct WIN 10 drivers for this problem are available.

thanks and regards

ManfredWicker, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Light.1 Win User
    Will Microsoft provide drivers for Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) computers?

Hello Microsoft,

Thanks for the replay, but your answer dose not answer my question?

I can not go to Sony's website and download the correct drivers because they will not provide Windows 10 drivers for my Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) computer.

I have read through some of "Andre Da Costa"
    post and will try to do what I understand of it. But I do not think it will help since I know the problem is that I do not have the correct drivers.

My question again is:

Will Microsoft provide drivers for Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) computers? If not what can I do to get Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO?

Thanks for the replay
    Jayant Gupta

Light.1, Nov 19, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Why don't you download the Windows 10 or 8.1 drivers directly from Sony's site? You don't need any VAIO Update utility. Just download them manually.

spapakons, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Multikill Win User
    they are'nt available for direct downloads. The only way to download them is thorugh vaio update. That is the problem. They are available for win 8.1 but not for win 10

Multikill, Nov 20, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Well, I searched Sony's site. You can download all the drivers from here, if you select Windows 8.1 Don't worry, any driver from Vista to 10 will work in Windows 10.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  7. Multikill Win User
    Oh okay I'll try 8.1 drivers and get back to you.
    My laptop has a fast charging port, what driver do I need to download to enable it. Because it used to even charge my phone even when the laptop powerd off

Multikill, Nov 20, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

This should be enabled by BIOS, there is no driver in Windows. Besides when the laptop is off, Windows isn't loaded so it shouldn't affect this function.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  9. Multikill Win User
    I thought so too but I cannot see this funtion in bios to enable.

Multikill, Nov 20, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    So maybe it works anyway and there is no way to disable it.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  11. Multikill Win User
    but it does not work anyway

Multikill, Nov 20, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    Download the User Manual and have a look. It should mention it. It could be a UTILITY, not a driver, see at the utilities section of download page.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  13. Multikill Win User

I figured out that it needs to be enabled by the vaio control center which I also cannot download because of my clean install
    So is there any way that I can enable this through cmd or registry?

Multikill, Nov 26, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    Why don't you install VAIO Control Center but disable it running at startup. You can only use it when you need it or just leave it there and forget about it.

spapakons, Nov 26, 2015
  15. Multikill Win User
    That's not the issue, the issue is I cannot install it. If I choose an earlier version to install it states that 'a newer version is already installed' and if I choose the one for windows 10 it says that 'no previous version detected' *Sad

Multikill, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Question about Sony Vaio Drivers - Similar Threads - Question Sony Vaio

2. SONY VAIO MODEL PCG-71312L IN SEARCH FOR DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SONY VAIO MODEL PCG-71312L IN SEARCH FOR DRIVERS: Hi i have this sony vaio model PCG-71312. I have reset it from factory and now i want to download the newest drivers but i cant find them. For its best use the pc asked me to download these: <>pci simple communications controller driver<>base system device<>ethernet...
  3. SONY VAIO MODEL PCG-71312L IN SEARCH FOR DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SONY VAIO MODEL PCG-71312L IN SEARCH FOR DRIVERS: Hi i have this sony vaio model PCG-71312. I have reset it from factory and now i want to download the newest drivers but i cant find them. For its best use the pc asked me to download these: <>pci simple communications controller driver<>base system device<>ethernet...
  4. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  5. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  6. Sony Vaio VPCSA Microphone Drivers Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio VPCSA Microphone Drivers Problems: Good afternoon, I have a Sony Vaio VPCSA that I bought used and I installed a Windows 10 using a new SSD. Everything was fine but I can´t talk using any application Skyope, Teams, Voice Recorder because the microphone generates a terrible buzz. I've tried all the Microsoft...
  7. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  8. Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP

Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP: can i upgrade my Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP to windows 10 without a problem please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-pcg-6qpp/ec391bbd-e13f-4090-90f1-44fed163bdd2
  9. sony vaio laptop battery

sony vaio laptop battery: I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 --- the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which...
  10. Sony Vaio SFEP driver

Sony Vaio SFEP driver: I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW2S1E. It was upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade became available, but the Nvidia drivers weren't available so I put W7 back on. I now have a new laptop and decided to try upgrading the Sony again so our son can have it. I have done a few...