Windows 10: Question about SSD RAID 0

Discus and support Question about SSD RAID 0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I put in my personal laptop back in May. I also have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I just put in my desktop a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kbronski, Sep 23, 2015.

1. kbronski Win User

Question about SSD RAID 0

I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I put in my personal laptop back in May. I also have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I just put in my desktop a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking about wiping both, and using both in my desktop for a RAID 0 configuration since I don't use my laptop at school anymore (I had only put an SSD in it for faster load times so I could make sure I was up and running fast enough to take notes).

My question is this: is it safe to use two used and differently aged (albeit identical) SSDs of different ages to run a RAID 0 configuration, or is it necessary to use two new identical SSDs? Do you think I'll run into stability and reliability issues?

:)

kbronski, Sep 23, 2015
  2. MiekHawk Win User

SB950 RAID DRIVER Preinstall Windows 10 ???

There are no raid drivers that work for any version of windows on the AMD SB950 raid controller, for SSDs.

AMD has known about this issue since 2013, but has done nothing about it.

Before Samsung released the EVO 850s, I did not realise this until I had already purchased a set of EVO 850 250gig SSDs. I am able to configure my raid array (Raid-0) & it is visible in BIOS. But Windows cannot see it, & the driver either fails to load,
    it isn't WHQL signed from Microsoft. Or the driver loads & the controller cannot allow it to be seen still.

Now on any Intel chipset from the P35 to the X99 chipset. The SSDs were visible. I've tested them. I just recently went to a newer AMD FX-8300, & also wanted to run these SSDs in Raid-0. Without success. I've been looking for any & all ways to get Raid to
    work on this controller. for about 2 months now.

MiekHawk, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Sarah_995 Win User
    Does Bitlocker in Windows 10 Pro support RAID 0 drive configuration?

My laptop has two SSD drives that run in RAID 0 configuration (so it's hardware RAID, not software RAID, but specifically RAID 0, where data are stored across two drives, not mirrored).

I am currently running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit and ran into some difficulties when I turned on Bitlocker. I was able to get my computer back to functioning, and Bitlocker says that my drive is now fully encrypted, but I have an error message from Intel, which
    is how we discovered that my drive is really two drives with RAID 0. I'm wondering if anyone knows much about this. Specifically:

Does Bitlocker in Windows 8.1 Pro support RAID 0 -- should I trust that it's actually fully encrypting my data and won't cause problems going forward, e.g., if I de-encrypt and re-encrypt to change the Bitlocker settings or upgrade my OS?

and

Would upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, which I haven't done yet but plan to do eventually, result in Bitlocker working better with my RAID 0 configuration (e.g., is RAID 0 newly supported in Windows 10 Pro?)?

I haven't been able to find information about Bitlocker and RAID 0 that is current enough to answer my questions.

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah_995, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

Question about SSD RAID 0

1. Question about SSD RAID 0 - Similar Threads - Question SSD RAID

2. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  3. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  4. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  5. Quick question about SSD's Disk Management, and Pretend Raid

Quick question about SSD's Disk Management, and Pretend Raid: I was running out of space on my 500Gb SSD, I purchased another and went about trying to create a stripe using my motherboard, it wasnt happening too well, so I joined the two SSD's using Disk Management, now I have 1TB using the two drives. Now, on to my question. Does...
  6. Windows RAID 0 question performance question

Windows RAID 0 question performance question: Hi folks / performance gurus Got an old server 4 HDD storage bays and SSD with Raid 0 -- created 2 arrays of 2 logical HDD's but 4 physical HDD's (1 array 2 X 4TB, 1 array 2 X 3TB) -- Is this better than creating 1 array of all 4 HDD's - I'd lose some space because the...
  7. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...
  8. Raid 0 ssd drive

Raid 0 ssd drive: HI all Hope someone can help me. I have a desktop computer in raid 0 samsung ssd drive My problem I have is deleted pictures. I know that raid 0 ssd does not support trim on my p58 atx motherboard so if I delete a file I should be able to recover it? I deleted a...
  9. Question on disk space avail RAID 0

Question on disk space avail RAID 0: I am confused, hope you can help - I have 2 2TB disk drives configured as RAID 0. This is confirmed in Intel RST. RST says 3815 GB total size, roughly 4 TB available, which is what I would expect as RAID 0 supposedly makes available the sum of the drives in the array as its...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. impact of bitlocker on raid 0 ssds