Windows 10: Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature

Discus and support Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There is a way of adding your own image and assigning the reset function to that image instead, but I do not remember what that involved. You can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Craig, Aug 29, 2015.

1. DavidY Win User

Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature

You can do it like this on a machine which you've upgraded to Windows 10 (so there isn't an OEM-created version using the new Windows 10 approach).
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

DavidY, Aug 30, 2015
  2. Craig Win User

By the way, the "key" thing to keep in mind is when you do the clean install with the iso (whether after a 10 upgrade or on a new windows 10 computer) is that you must first have the iso delete all the partitions, since there is a partition that contains all the manufactuer's bloat on it...that is what i did....Then i had it do the new install and that is why i don't have the toshiba stuff on my windows install now...

Craig, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Ztruker Win User
    I still think doing a reset and electing to Remove everything should give you a fairly clean install.

Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature [​IMG]

Since you are thinking of doing a clean install anyway, why not try it and report the results. Could be a help to others in the future.

Ztruker, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Craig Win User

I could try it...only thing is that won't be for a while as i haven't bought a new windows 10 computer yet...but when i do, it might be interesting to try that first, to see what happens...

Meanwhile, if anyone does it on a new windows 8 or 10 computer that had either one already installed when they bought it, if you try it, please let us know the results *Wink

Craig, Aug 31, 2015
  5. You are misinterpreting what those options mean. It doesn't mean that it will get rid of all programs and bloatware. It is just saying it will remove all your personal files and any programs that you have personally installed. That and any settings you made will be removed and everything goes back to the defaults.

ChrisRTech, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Craig Win User
    Yeah, you know, the more i think about it, i think Chris is right about that...In fact, when i did the clean install on my upgraded windows 10, i suspect that if i didn't first use the tool on there that lets you make changes on your current partitions (which i used to have all deleted) then it probably would have brought the bloatware along with the clean install...It is only because i did that FIRST, that the bloatware was wiped out...

That way, the clean install started with a totally empty pallet, as it were *Wink

Craig, Aug 31, 2015
  7. DavidY Win User
    +1 to this.

In the testing I did for the tutorial I mentioned above, I saved my own version of 'bloatware' *Wink (actually Firefox, Adobe Reader, VLC Player) into the relevant area.

I then uninstalled Firefox and Adobe as a test , then did a Reset with 'Remove Everything' selected. The result was that my software was reinstalled by the Reset process. (If you're interested it's part of the video that's in that Tutorial.)

If OEMs use the same sort of techniques then their software will also be reinstalled on a Reset.

DavidY, Aug 31, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

After reading it again and again, I agree, it will only delete personal stuff, not programs and such that were there when the upgrade was done. Sorry to be so thick, but I get it now *Sad

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about Windows 10 Reset Feature - Similar Threads - Question Reset Feature

2. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  3. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  4. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  6. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  7. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Questions about windows features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about windows features: I have a few questions about windows features. What is ready boost and how does it work? What would happen if I have to replace the device that I am using for ready boost? Does windows warn me if a device I am using for ready boost is about to fail? Does windows warn me...
  9. Questions about doing Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about doing Feature Updates: I have Windows 10 Home (version 1803) and have questions about Features Updates. 1) I haven't received the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 yet. Does that mean it isn't compatible with my PC? I know it had delays. I'm hoping to give it a try in the coming days via...
  10. Very specific questions about Windows 10 features.

in Windows 10 Support
    Very specific questions about Windows 10 features.: Folks, I have a number of questions about how much "sanity" has been restored in Windows 10. Since I can't seem to find anything about these while searching, I thought I would register and ask here. So, if you can help, I would appreciate it. 1. I have been generally...