Windows 10: Question about Windows 10 Store

Discus and support Question about Windows 10 Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not going to use the Store or Universal apps. I disabled automatic updates for apps in Store. But I like them to be maintained so every few days I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bo elam, Aug 2, 2017.

1. bo elam Win User

Question about Windows 10 Store

I am not going to use the Store or Universal apps. I disabled automatic updates for apps in Store. But I like them to be maintained so every few days I open the Store and update them manually. I did that tonight, there were 2 updates available, I updated the apps manually but afterward, I still see the Down arrow with a 1. My thinking is that there should be nothing next to the arrow. Any explanation as to why there is still a one next to the arrow?

Question about Windows 10 Store [​IMG]

Thanks *Smile

Bo

:)

bo elam, Aug 2, 2017
  2. farby Win User

Question about ovi store

I would not know... Pl. use the 'Contact Us' tab at the top of this page and put your query directly to Nokia...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

farby, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Questions about Windows Store Apps

Hi,

Sorry to mention that it is not possible.

The purchase that we make for an app is only subjected to one particular account with which you have associated it.

Hope it helps.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 2, 2017
  5. bo elam Win User
    Yes, I have Creators. And updated Windows 10 to 15063.502 yesterday. What I am seeing seems similar to what the other poster describes. I bought this laptop 3 weeks ago, with 1607, and upgraded to 1703 2 weeks ago. I updated Store Apps manually, 2 or 3 times since I bought the laptop, but I am not sure if this just started or it happened before. *Smile

Bo

bo elam, Aug 2, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hopefully someone will come up with a suggestion.

Can't see why you want to schedule yourself to update apps when the task scheduler does that for you- in my experience with no noticeable overhead. I can only think someone with very limited (metered internet) trying to make best use of it might do that, along with setting connections as metered. On the other hand, every time you turn round it seems MS has added some new app... which of course needs updating...(!)

dalchina, Aug 2, 2017
  7. bo elam Win User
    Thanks for your responses, dalchina. The first few days I had the laptop, I had Store do the updates automatically. This updates generate a bunch of errors in Event log. So, I disabled automatic updates. I still get the errors when I update them manually but see them less often. I updated the Apps a little while ago figuring that perhaps last nights Windows update had something for them so it gets applied and to keep MS happy. I will never use any of this apps but I ll update them just because its probably healthier to do it.

Bo

bo elam, Aug 2, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

With the Creator's build I understand that if you uninstall an app, it stays uninstalled (by contrast with the Anniversary build). So if you wished to uninstall some you'll never use you can - info in the Tutorial section here.

dalchina, Aug 2, 2017
  9. bo elam Win User
    I uninstalled the ones that came with an uninstaller option. And haven't uninstalled any that didn't come with one. I kind of like to leave those alone. Not because I ll ever use them but because I want to change the system as little as possible as I figure that would better the chances of successful Windows upgrades and updates in the future.

Bo

bo elam, Aug 2, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Uninstalling apps won't prejudice upgrades, but I understand your thinking.

dalchina, Aug 2, 2017
  11. bo elam Win User
    Probably not, but you know, they didn't come with an uninstaller, so probably makes MS happy if they are left alone. In general, I install uninstall very few programs.

Bo

bo elam, Aug 2, 2017
  12. bo elam Win User
    I tried different things but what finally fixed the Windows Store displaying 1 pending update when it was not apparent an App had an update in waiting was to turn automatic updates back to on for the Store, turned the laptop off, and started it back a little while later. The 1 pending update was still showing after boot but then I checked updates manually, and the 1 went away afterward.

At first glance, nothing related to Store appeared to update but then I went to Events Log and found this Information message that says Windows successfully updated Store Purchase App. So, I am fix, HTH someone in the future. I am going to leave Store as is for a couple of days and then turn Automatic updates back to off.

Bo

bo elam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about Windows 10 Store - Similar Threads - Question Store

2. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  3. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  4. My HDD is now saying it is stored locally and has a Question mark on it how to get it back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is now saying it is stored locally and has a Question mark on it how to get it back...: I'm on windows 11 and suddenly one day the windows ask if I want it to be write-protected non verbatim but I didn't read it so I just clicked yes because it been coming up a few times now, and was desperately trying to fix it and already used the diskpart, regedit, and some...
  5. My HDD is now saying it is stored locally and has a Question mark on it how to get it back...

My HDD is now saying it is stored locally and has a Question mark on it how to get it back...: I'm on windows 11 and suddenly one day the windows ask if I want it to be write-protected non verbatim but I didn't read it so I just clicked yes because it been coming up a few times now, and was desperately trying to fix it and already used the diskpart, regedit, and some...
  6. Question about Photoscape pro X purchased at Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Question about Photoscape pro X purchased at Microsoft Store: i purchased Photoscape X Pro from the Microsoft store. Paid $42.00 and never got a confirming email of purchase. Trying to install on another computer which the purchased software. How do I get confirmation of my purchase...
  7. Question about Photoscape pro X purchased at Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Photoscape pro X purchased at Microsoft Store: i purchased Photoscape X Pro from the Microsoft store. Paid $42.00 and never got a confirming email of purchase. Trying to install on another computer which the purchased software. How do I get confirmation of my purchase...
  8. Question about Photoscape pro X purchased at Microsoft Store

9. Question: Why won't apps from the Microsoft Store install on my Acer Aspire 5 this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Why won't apps from the Microsoft Store install on my Acer Aspire 5 this...: I'm definitely resetting my PC again, complete with removing everything and cleaning the drive. And in 2024, I'll buy another one not over $399.99 plus sales tax but free shipping on Amazon, prior to my employee discount and any coupons they might have on a new PC. Getting a...
  10. Question: Why won't apps from the Microsoft Store install on my Acer Aspire 5 this...

Question: Why won't apps from the Microsoft Store install on my Acer Aspire 5 this...: I'm definitely resetting my PC again, complete with removing everything and cleaning the drive. And in 2024, I'll buy another one not over $399.99 plus sales tax but free shipping on Amazon, prior to my employee discount and any coupons they might have on a new PC. Getting a...