Windows 10: Question concering the Anniversary update

Discus and support Question concering the Anniversary update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I know that keeping your pc update is very important, but due to bad internet it is very difficult for me to do so right when updates come out. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tomacino47, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Question concering the Anniversary update

I know that keeping your pc update is very important, but due to bad internet it is very difficult for me to do so right when updates come out. I am using windows 10 and the workaround that disables the service. I turn on updates whenever I can get to a better connection which sadly can sometimes be weeks. With the Anniversary update coming out on Aug 2nd I must know.. will my computer be okay on an older build until I am able to update? I will update as soon as possible, but till then I am kind of stuck.

:)

tomacino47, Jul 26, 2016

2. automatic restart problem on nokia 500 product code 059L3M6

Do the Nokia people even bother to reply to our concers?

Restart_N500, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Error Msg- failed to connect to Window service (Windows 10)

Question for SujataMoktan concering : Windows 10 is not referenced in the directions. Do I assume the directions
    will work with Windows 10? Thanks.

Thanks again. I followed your directions and my computer is now working correctly.

William McKenzie1966, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Question concering the Anniversary update

I'm just a little nervous that I will have problems if I don't update right away..

tomacino47, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Superfly Win User
    Disable the BITS service on startup - either via a script or manually. Disabling manually will not carry over so will need to be done each time but a script like this...

Code: @echo off net stop BITS net stop wuauserv[/quote] In start up or as a logon scheduled task may work.

EDIT: Oh missed the point... delaying upgrade doesn't matter. Download the ISO on your own time and upgrade from that.

Superfly, Jul 26, 2016
  6. I have updates disabled via the service.. I just want to know if I can wait to renable them or will the anniversary update not getting installed be a problem?

tomacino47, Jul 26, 2016
  7. Okay! So once I can go to a place with better internet I can turn the service back on and update to the Anniversary update? Till I can do that my computer will run fine though right?

tomacino47, Jul 26, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Question concering the Anniversary update

You will be just fine until you can get it. Personally, though, since you aren't going to pull the update right away from Windows Update - by the time you get to a location where you can download it, the ISO file will probably be available for download. If you know in advance when you are going to be ready to download it, I would come back here and ask us if the ISO is available and how to download it. Upgrading to the Anniversary update will be more reliable doing it form the ISO file than Windows update - if the historical past continues to prove true for this update.

NavyLCDR, Jul 26, 2016
  9. Thank you so much. I've been so worried about this update.. glad to know there won't be a problem due to waiting a bit.

tomacino47, Jul 26, 2016
  10. Sorry but one last question... if it takes me about a month to be able to go update is that okay? I have a very tight schedule and getting to the library or anywhere isn't easy.. very long work week and all. I usually only get computer time at night.

tomacino47, Jul 26, 2016
  11. sorry for all the questions I am just not the best with all this stuff haha..

tomacino47, Jul 26, 2016
  12. Superfly Win User
    Don't fret... there is no rush. What's the worst that could happen? Updates are not the be all and end all, as much as MS imposes them on us... many survive without them.

Superfly, Jul 26, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

There are sailors out to sea that won't be able to update their personal computers for 6 to 9 months and they are just fine. Been there, done that - just not for this Anniversary update Question concering the Anniversary update :)

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Question concering the Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Question concering Anniversary

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Anniversary Update woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update woes: Hi. I recently rolled back my desktop from the anniversary update because I was noticing problems with start times (slower), my wifi (poor connection) and bluetooth (connection problems with no audio). After trying to reinstall my drivers which had no success, I decided to...
  4. Anniversary Update Report

Anniversary Update Report: I've been delaying updating my desktop PCs to the Anniversary Update (AU) due to previous reports on the forum of missing drives or drives appearing in RAW format. I haven't noticed any recent reports of this issue so I went ahead and upgraded my father's PC two days ago....
  5. Anniversary Update Problem

Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  6. Why no anniversary update?

Why no anniversary update?: My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545 I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for this? (I have a year old laptop with Windows 10 Home and that did get the anniversary update.) 74147
  7. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  8. anniversary update, accept or not

anniversary update, accept or not: I know it will eventually be installed no matter what I do but it appears it is loaded with errors from what I read on this site and others. Can it be delayed at all. Upgraded from 7 to 10 last December. 59811
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update in July - ISO download question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update in July - ISO download question: Hey all, I understand the next major Window 10 update will be released at the end of July. How long does it typically take after the release date that Microsoft makes an updated full installer ISO available to download? Does it happen quickly/simultaneously, or can it take...
  10. Anniversary Update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update issues: I updated to the Anni version today and I am not 100% impressed with it. Firstly, I couldn't access the menu using left click but using the right click was ok, Secondly, I find that I am unable to open a .pdf in Adobe reader DC for some strange reason? I tried downloading...