Windows 10: Question? Have you installed Win 10 and use it everyday?

Discus and support Question? Have you installed Win 10 and use it everyday? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I made a mistake, I'm a beta tester since the old days, I asked on another forum ( OMG I was accused of not knowing anything because I called the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DRFP, Oct 11, 2014.

1. DRFP Win User

Question? Have you installed Win 10 and use it everyday?

I made a mistake, I'm a beta tester since the old days, I asked on another forum ( OMG I was accused of not knowing anything because I called the preview beta and not Alpha ect... and even accused of not really beta testing MS OS in the past my history : IE3 beta, XP Beta, Win 7 Beta (did not beta Vista) )

"Why would you install the technical preview ( windows 10) for a couple hours or so and think you have tested it?" Why not use it everyday? Stress the OS to find bugs?

I was told:
    "You do not put the OS on a main system you use everyday" "You may or will lose all your data"

WOW when I test an OS I use it everyday and report back to MS. I'm not worry about losing data since its all backed up, even my browser (Fire Fox)

I do have a Laptop with Win 7 on it I can use its older and dual core not bad.

But Win 10 deserves i5 and a non touch and touch screen computer, our touchscreen laptop is an i3

Yes read about Key Logger, but not worried about it all.

*Cool

:)

2. Installed KB3124262 in Win 10 and now I have to select account and enter password

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Do keep us posted on the issue in case you find anything. You may also provide Feedback and suggestions using the Feedback App in Windows 10.

We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 11, 2014
  3. Installed KB3124262 in Win 10 and now I have to select account and enter password

I had Windows 10 setup to NOT require passwords using NETPLWIZ and in the SETTINGS app. This setting hasnt changed. But after restarting following the install of KB3124262, I now have to enter my Microsoft password despite being unchecked in System Settings.
    Has anyone had this happen?

The only other change I happened to make prior to system restart is to change the name and description of my computer as it still referred to a Windows 8.1 identifier. I changed it to reflect Windows 10 in the name.

Jacqueline3936, Oct 11, 2014
  4. Dude Win User

Yes, I use it everyday and provide feedback on what works, and what does not work.

5. DRFP Win User
    Awesome, I may be in the right place then because people like us will really find the greatness and not so great Windows 10 LOL

6. BunnyJ New Member
    I tried Win10 out on VmWare and then after about 30 minutes, tops, I updated my main PC with Win10 over Win8.1 and it's working just fine so far. It's my main PC and I use it all of the time.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 11, 2014
  7. jadinolf Win User
    Yes, I have set it up to dual boot in a computer that I don't use much.

I have no complaints with it yet and am sure I will install the final copy when it becomes available. I'm already saving my pennies.

jadinolf, Oct 11, 2014
  8. Winuser Win User

I dual boot Windows 8.1.1 and Windows 10. I have installed most of the programs I use in Windows 8 into Windows 10. I keep my important data backed up.

Winuser, Oct 11, 2014
  9. z3r010 Win User
    I've been running Windows 10 as my only OS on my PC since it was first released, no problems so far.

z3r010, Oct 11, 2014
  10. AddRAM Win User
    I use it everyday with no issues yet. Very stable, I do not store data on it, no need to.

AddRAM, Oct 11, 2014
  11. caperjack Win User
    when you put it like that i would say go for it ,but if you came here and said nothing ,just lets say ,hi i want to updat my 8.1 to win10 for good ,everyday use then i could see me telling you not to do that beacuse its only a prieview ,ect ect ,but hey you know what your doing so go for it ,enjoy it ,i am running it kind of daily ,but every now and then i uplug the hdd and plug in my win8.1 for a few days .back and forth

caperjack, Oct 11, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    Using Windows (10) Technical Preview, (is it called Windows 10 officially yet, or not?), every day; enjoy it a lot, surprisingly way more stable than I thought it would be.

Edwin, Oct 11, 2014
  13. Rickkins Win User

Yea, I wouldn't worry too much about what some faceless person on a forum thought of me...(I'd be in real big trouble if I did *Biggrin )

But yea, I installed it right off, upgrading my everyday 8.1 install. Works fine.

Rickkins, Oct 12, 2014
  14. altae Win User
    I don't use W10 TP on my pc as my main os but I installed it in Virtual Box and use it almost daily. This way I can try it without any risk. Oracle has updated Virtual Box, now W10 also runs with hardware accelerated graphics (they made the guest additions work). For me that's the ideal base to test a new os.

altae, Oct 12, 2014
  15. brummyfan Win User
    Me too, dual booting with Win8 and use it everyday, no major issues so far, I will update my Win 8.1.1 laptop when it's ready *Biggrin

brummyfan, Oct 12, 2014
Thema:

1. Question? Have you installed Win 10 and use it everyday? - Similar Threads - Question installed everyday

2. Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question: 1. I called the support phone number and was told they do not support dual booting to Win 11. 2. I keep getting the message from the installer "we couldn't create a new partition or locate one".3. What I am trying to do is install a fresh copy of Win 11 on a second hard...
  3. Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question: 1. I called the support phone number and was told they do not support dual booting to Win 11. 2. I keep getting the message from the installer "we couldn't create a new partition or locate one".3. What I am trying to do is install a fresh copy of Win 11 on a second hard...
  4. Win 10 freezes almost everyday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 freezes almost everyday: I have been having this problem for 2 months now. I tried every possible solution --- Regular Antivirus Scan and update Kaspersky Running sfc /scannow, chkdsk and memory diagnostic everyday Ran Microsoft Malicious Software Removal regularly so far 0 detected. Started...
  5. Win 10 freezes almost everyday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 freezes almost everyday: I have been having this problem for 2 months now. I tried every possible solution --- Regular Antivirus Scan and update Kaspersky Running sfc /scannow, chkdsk and memory diagnostic everyday Ran Microsoft Malicious Software Removal regularly so far 0 detected. Started...
  6. Win 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Questions: Hello all again, I'm looking for the "Registry Editor" ? Anyone know where I can find it ? Thank you. 159300
  7. Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this?

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this?: I have Win 10 upgraded on top of Win 7, running Sea Monkey browser - variant of Mozilla In your browser, try using "Stealth", "Incognito", or "Private Browsing Window", etc. If you aren't having freezes with that enabled, it's possible it's cookie related. I noticed in...
  8. question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc

in Windows 10 Support
    question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc: Hi folk. Its been a while since I was on here. Originally I upgraded my Win 7 to Win 10 when that option was available. The pc it was on has pretty much given up and I am replacing it with a new home build (the last one was also a home build). I remember at the time that we...
  9. Win 10 question

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 question: Okay, I hate Win 8 and absolutely refused to use it. To me Win 10 is hardly much better. First of all I'm not 20 years old anymore and don't give a darn about all these apps of which 98% are pointed toward kids. And where's the desktop with my programs? That's what I want to...
  10. Win 10 clean install question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 clean install question: I fudged up and forgot to @ the person I was intending the message at *chuckle Still worth adding my observations though while we're comparing Macrium vs. MS imaging. MS does do high compression, but only for DVD. Macrium wins hands-down on flexibility and giving the user...