Windows 10: QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?

Discus and support QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy, Members: Does anyone have experience creating PORTABLE APPS compliant with Win 10?... (so one need not be dependent upon PortableApps.com or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ab1kenobee, Aug 15, 2018.

1. QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?

Howdy, Members:

Does anyone have experience creating PORTABLE APPS compliant with Win 10?...
    (so one need not be dependent upon PortableApps.com or any similar portable resources.)

If YES... what recommendations can you make.

Thank you in advance for prompt and detailed responses.

~ Alan

:)

ab1kenobee, Aug 15, 2018

2. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Howdy, Bree:

I successfully implemented your instructions.

Default PowerSpect 1510

QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE? [​IMG]

I have (1) issue to resolve (see printscreen):

• Not able to CREATE more than (4) partitions on Disk 2.

QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE? [​IMG]

Might you suggest a SOLUTION?

Thank you much in advance.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Aug 15, 2018
  3. QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?

Hello, Power Users:

I imagine this question has been asked often... but I can NOT find it anywhere... in this forum... or Google Search... PortableApps.com... but could not find an answer to this question:

• What is the efficacy or downside of copying and running portable apps to a notebook SSD or HDD?
    Copying a PORTABLE APP is CLEANER than an installation... and would eliminate the constant drive fragmentation associated with software installs.

What am I missing in connecting the dots? LOL.

Thanks in advance for prompt and detailed responses.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Aug 15, 2018
  4. QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?

QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?

Howdy, slicendice:

Appreciate the viable points you're making:

• Legal implementation of portable apps
    • Avoid modified binaries
    • Sandboxing hardens system security
    • Safety provided by implementing PortableApps.com converter

I will be creating an Evernote Portable App NOTE compiling the many valuable and practical pointers made in this thread by ALL.

Thank you much!

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?

1. QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE? - Similar Threads - QUESTION app PORTABLE

2. SmartGenius app portable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartGenius app portable: Hello, i have Genius NX-7015 mouse and i did go to official Genius website to download SmartGenius app but when i downloaded it. It was setup for SmartGenius app bu it has admin rights and i don't have admin rights.Sincerely,Windows_7_2009...
  3. SmartGenius app portable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SmartGenius app portable: Hello, i have Genius NX-7015 mouse and i did go to official Genius website to download SmartGenius app but when i downloaded it. It was setup for SmartGenius app bu it has admin rights and i don't have admin rights.Sincerely,Windows_7_2009...
  4. How to make any app a default app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make any app a default app?: I have a podcast app that I'm trying to use as default music app (so I can utilize keyboards play/pause shortcut keys), but windows refuses to recognize the specific app under "Music", I'm guessing because it's not a strictly music app. submitted by /u/MrSaucyAlfredo...
  5. how do i make windows 10 portable

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i make windows 10 portable: Ive heard something about being able to clone windows 10 to a USB to use on older computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-windows-10-portable/9490b514-087c-43f7-8c40-82a457a77ad9
  6. Samsung T5 Portable SSD indexing question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung T5 Portable SSD indexing question: I am trying to search the contents of my new T5 portable SSD drive using file explorer. I confirmed that the drive properties box "Allow files on this drive to have its contents in addition to file properties" is checked. I rebuilt the index including the entire SSD drive...
  7. QUESTION: Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable?

QUESTION: Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable?: Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable? I ask for the following reasons: Portable Sandbox https://www.sandboxie.com/PortableSandbox The revised layout of the sandbox that is introduced in version 2.80 allows for greater portability of the sandbox across computers. By...
  8. QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?

QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?: Q. Which features are available in the Sandboxie paid version? Sandboxie - FAQ Licensing Two features: 1. "Force" programs: Automatically run programs under Sandboxie even when they are not started directly through Sandboxie. Programs can be "forced" by name...
  9. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???: Howdy, ALL: In the end... simply pursueing a data partition IMAGE COPY became so time consuming... I simply copied my DATA PARTITION FOLDERS to a 32 GB 3.0 USB stick... and pasted them to the DATA PARTITION on the new PowerSpec 1510 notebook. Not the fastest or most...
  10. How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?: I've opened this app enough to determine that Windows 10 must not recognize portable apps/exe's the way it recognizes installed apps....thus, portable apps/exe's do not show up in the "Most used" list. Can anyone think of a trick to ensure that it's recognized? 78583