Windows 10: Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Discus and support Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy, ALL: In the end... simply pursueing a data partition IMAGE COPY became so time consuming... I simply copied my DATA PARTITION FOLDERS to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Just saw this, Alan. Glad you got it done and on your way! Cheers! TC *Smile
    @ab1kenobee when you get a chance, please mark the thread "solved", at very top or very bottom you'll see the button.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hello MiniTool Power Users:

I am coming to this forum because MINITOOL TECH SUPPORT is UNRESPONSIVE after (7) email requests for support to a simple question:

Would you please provide clear INSTRUCTIONS guiding
    HOW **to store the portable version to flash drive and
    manage disks without installation** via written instructions
    or video.
    The file I downloaded is: mt_pw_free_x_64bit.zip from:https://www.partitionwizard.com/part...ion-magic.html

Is there a Power User who has EXPERIENCE with MiniTool Portable Partition Magic can provide a direct answer to this question... it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for a prompt and detailed response.

~ Alan

Switzerland

MicroCenter PowerSpec 1510 notebook
    Intel® Core i7-7700HQ
    G.SKill RAM 16GB DDR4 2400
    Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    WD Black 7200 RPM 1TB

:)

ab1kenobee, Apr 5, 2018
  3. My "Current Read-Only State" is ON, but the "Read-only" is OFF. Help?

I was using the thumb drive for portable windows aka WinToUSB.

Most of the space is almost full.

I've tried using MiniTool Partition Tool, it dosen't give me any option to format/delete.

Jack Wiggins, Apr 5, 2018
  4. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 5, 2018
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    From what I have just read, you need the pro paid for version to access the Win PE Bootable ISO.

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    The difference between a portable app and a normal app is that a portable app requires no install.

Simply extract the contents of the zip file you (and now I) have downloaded. The zip file contains a folder called 'MiniTool Partition Wizard 10' and that folder contains everything needed to run Partition Wizard. Start it by running the partitionwizard.exe that you'll find in that folder.

Because no install is required, you can put this folder on a USB drive and run Minitool Partition Wizard on any PC without having to install it. That's what is meant by 'portable'.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    That is true, but the zip file that ab1kenobee is asking about is not the bootable version, it is a portable version.

The ISO for the bootable version was free in version 9, but starting with version 10 it is a 'paid for' feature. If you search, you may still be able to find the version 9 ISO. I have a copy, for 9 it used and isolinux boot environment, not Win PE.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
  8. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Hello, Bree:

I am very appreciate for your taking a moment to read my post ACCURATELY...
    and providing a DIRECT and CLEAR RESPONSE to the issue at hand:

SUMMARY:

The difference between a portable app and a normal app is a portable app requires no install.

• Extract contents of zip file you (and now I) have downloaded.
      (The zip file contains a folder called 'MiniTool Partition Wizard 10' which contains everything needed to run Partition Wizard.)
    • ​Start by running partitionwizard.exe (find in that folder).
    • Copy this folder to a USB drive (flash drive)
    • ​Run Minitool Partition Wizard on any PC from USB drive (no install is required)

Bree:

You did a great job answering addressing this PORTABILITY issue so that I may move forward tomorrow with CONFIDENCE. Thank you very much!

I wanted to have 100% CERTAINTY to complete the above with competence... right the 1ST time... without ERROR... in preparation of setting up this new PowerSpec 1510 notebook.

I am cleaning-up and OPTIMIZING this notebook's new Win 10 installation with power user TWEAKS... and need to properly PARTITION my SSD and HDD prior to installing Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 (thewindowsclub.com/list-of-tweaks-available-in-uwt4).

From there I will install software applications... mostly on the HDD... except for those that would benefit from SSD speed capabilities.

Because this PowerSpec notebook will serve as a business computer (I'm not a gamer)... I will not overclock either the CPU or GPU for the purpose of minimizing HEAT.

Why MiniTool could not provide me with a simple and clear explanation as you have... speaks much to your credit... and how little value MiniTool places in their subscriber base to provide a class-act tech support service.

I am also going to pass on your solution to this issue to BleepingComputer and TechSupportAlert forums where I posted the same question.

This issue has successfully been RESOLVED.

Thank you again!

~ Alan

Switzerland

MicroCenter PowerSpec 1510 notebook
    Intel® Core i7-7700HQ
    G.SKill RAM 16GB DDR4 2400
    Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    WD Black 7200 RPM 1TB

ab1kenobee, Apr 6, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    Thank you for saying so, I'm glad to have helped.

Bree, Apr 6, 2018
  10. Howdy, Bree:

I successfully implemented your instructions.

Default PowerSpect 1510

Question:  MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ??? [​IMG]

I have (1) issue to resolve (see printscreen):

• Not able to CREATE more than (4) partitions on Disk 2.

Question:  MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ??? [​IMG]

Might you suggest a SOLUTION?

Thank you much in advance.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Apr 8, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    That is correct. Your Disk 2 has an MBR partition layout and the maximum number of partitions MBR can support is four.

Partition Wizard can convert an MBR disk to the GPT layout which allows more partitions. Look for 'Convert MBR disk to GPT disk' on the Disk menu.

In case of problems during conversion, before attempting the MBR to GPT conversion make sure you have backups of anything you cannot easily replace.

12. I have not yet installed any APPS or transferred DATA.
    I however will create a RESTORE POINT.

Thank you... I will give this a GO... and report!
    ~ Alan

BTW - TenForms will not allow to enable "thumbs up" before I spread the love elsewhere. LOL.

ab1kenobee, Apr 8, 2018
  13. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Howdy, Bree:

• Partition Wizard converted MBR to GPT successfully...
    • Next I created (2) additional partitions from the unallocated space (without a hitch).

Thank you much!

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Apr 8, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
    Good, I'm glad to have helped.

15. Howdy, Bree:

Another real-time question.
    (Should this be submitted as a new thread?)

I need to copy my Data files/partition (33.1 GB) from my WIN 7 notebook to the new WIN 10 - Disk 2 - DATA partition (200 GB).

How to use Minitool Partition Wizard copy partition to accomplish this task... or would you recommend another method?

Thank you much in advance!

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

1. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ??? - Similar Threads - Question MiniTool Portable

2. My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..: Hello,I have Windows 10 Pro 21H2 installed PC which happens to show only the first partition of my portable hard drive. I don't exactly know whether this happened after installing the latest update or not. But I can confirm. I didn't have such problem before.I tried it on...
  3. My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..: Hello,I have Windows 10 Pro 21H2 installed PC which happens to show only the first partition of my portable hard drive. I don't exactly know whether this happened after installing the latest update or not. But I can confirm. I didn't have such problem before.I tried it on...
  4. My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MiniTool Partition Wizard v12.3 Question Re Cloning of OS Drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MiniTool Partition Wizard v12.3 Question Re Cloning of OS Drive.: Am hoping someone who is experienced with MiniTool Partition Wizard can answer questions below about this program which I want to use for cloning of OS C drive. Please look at each point and indicate if my understanding is correct/incorrect and answer questions if poss. 1. It...
  6. Use Minitool to increase partition inquiry

Use Minitool to increase partition inquiry: Hi, I want to increase a partition using some unallocated space on the same disk however it is on another drive letter. The image shows it. I want to give all the unallocated space after H:VIDEO to J: AUDIO. Not sure what to do. Any help please? Win 1909...
  7. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  8. Migrate OS using MiniTool's Partition Wizard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate OS using MiniTool's Partition Wizard: First, I know the topic I chose wasn't actually related to my question. I want to migrate my Windows OS to a different disk on my computer but am worried I will screw it up. The System, Windows, and Windows RE partitions are on a 128GB SSD. I have a 1TB HDD as well but it has...
  9. Authorized MiniTool Partition Wizard Portable Free or Trial Download?

Authorized MiniTool Partition Wizard Portable Free or Trial Download?: Is there a free or trial version of MiniTool Partition Wizard Portable that is authorized. I came across a couple of versions that looked suspicious. A cursory look on the website revealed no evidence of one. Thank you. https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html...
  10. Authorized MiniTool Partition Wizard Portable Free or Trial Download?

in Windows 10 Support
    Authorized MiniTool Partition Wizard Portable Free or Trial Download?: Is there a free or trial version of MiniTool Partition Wizard Portable that is authorized. I came across a couple of versions that looked suspicious. A cursory look on the website revealed no evidence of one. Thank you. https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html...