Windows 10: Question on Auto updates

Discus and support Question on Auto updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On Windows 10 Home. Important updates are automatically downloaded and installed, I get that. What I don`t get is does it work the same as when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BstuSCO, Jul 27, 2016.

1. BstuSCO Win User

Question on Auto updates

On Windows 10 Home. Important updates are automatically downloaded and installed, I get that. What I don`t get is does it work the same as when maintenance is running ( if I`m using pc it will suspend and resume when idle ) or will updates be dl/ installed when pc is powered on and continue until finished?

:)

BstuSCO, Jul 27, 2016
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

window 10 auto updates auto switch on problem

Hi Dilys,

Thank you for the information that you've provided. Usually, the system of the users who are experiencing this challenge are connected to a corporate environment. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you connected to a domain or corporate environment?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are there any error messages?
    • Could you post here a snapshot showing the issue?

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further

Ramon Imp, Jul 27, 2016
  3. window 10 auto updates auto switch on problem

I have noticed that although I have set active hours for auto down loads of the latest updates, the menu for switching this on/off is greyed out in the off position .I suspect that this is causing difficulty in the laptop downloading updates when I am
    trying to use it. Is there an obvious solution that I am missing.

DilysBeardmore, Jul 27, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Question on Auto updates

Look in Start, Settings and Update and Security, will give some information about it and let you make some changes. The last several [that I can recall] had any required Restart scheduled for 3AM but also had a button to Restart now. I've not yet had Updates interfere with what I was doing but that does not apply to third-party software such as an antivirus, etc.

Berton, Jul 27, 2016
  5. BstuSCO Win User
    Thanks for the quick response Berton. Upgraded from 8.1 to 10 less than a week ago, all went well. UI is very familiar, mostly. The whole update scenario is a bit less informative though, a lot less control over it and I accept that. Let me put it like this, I come home from work, power up pc, check e-mails look at the news etc. then want to use some system/ network hungry application/ game. Will Win 10 keep auto dl/ installing important updates while I`m using such apps/ game.

BstuSCO, Jul 28, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    You're welcome. I am quite satisfied with Win10 versus Win8.1. I am using the ability to delete or remove Tiles and using Pin to Start then dragging the Tiles around as I need, makes things better. Because the Most Used list is dynamic I Pinned the programs to Start then at the top of the Tiles [2 bars on the right side by the vertical scrollbar show up when pointer moved to there] I created a category called Most Used - Pinned and moved the Tiles to there. Easy to click Start then a Tile and on with the work.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Question on Auto updates

1. Question on Auto updates - Similar Threads - Question Auto updates

2. Windows Explorer Auto-Sort Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Auto-Sort Question: Not so much a problem, but just a question.I have two mp4 files and two folders which used to house said files. Both of the mp4 files had similar names except one had an additional word and both of folders were named after whatever mp4 file it housed.When I go to sort it by...
  3. Windows Explorer Auto-Sort Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Auto-Sort Question: Not so much a problem, but just a question.I have two mp4 files and two folders which used to house said files. Both of the mp4 files had similar names except one had an additional word and both of folders were named after whatever mp4 file it housed.When I go to sort it by...
  4. Question about auto login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about auto login: Hi! I got 3 user accounts on my Windows10 desktop. 1 admin and 2 standart users. Is it possible to make windows auto login to my account (standart user with password) but still stay on login screen and require password to reach the desktop? submitted by /u/Erfid [link]...
  5. Auto update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto update: My wireless connection for my laptop is disconnected upon shutdown and auto update. I have to do a system restore to get internet connection restored. The auto update keeps installing something called "killer drivers". Very unsettling....
  6. Auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto update: Can I disable auto update in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/auto-update/710dd194-7a65-40aa-bf85-395c3f0825ba
  7. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto updates: STOP forcing your damn updates. I bought 2 laptops last year and they are both corrupted because your updated are not compatible with a driver. That's according to Best Buy. The one goes to a blue screen and advised the updates didn't install completely. The other has...
  8. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates: I'm having trouble with the automatic part of the Microsoft automatic updates. My private connection is not free, and not unlimited. I want the updates, but I'd rather download them via a public (free) connection. My computer time is beginning to center around the automatic...
  9. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates: The trouble is, my private connection only allows 2 GB of bandwidth per month. I'd rather download the updates via a free public connection when I'm at a hot spot. But I don't know how to stop the updater from using my private connection. Help! 20766
  10. Question about Windows 10 policy of auto updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about Windows 10 policy of auto updating drivers?: One of the most unpopular features of Windows 10 seems to be auto updating of drivers. I've read quite a few horror stories about Windows 10 installing unwanted GPU drivers and causing issues. I am very much of the mantra "If it ain't broke don't fix it" so the world of...