Windows 10: Question on Intel Chipset Updates

Discus and support Question on Intel Chipset Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My system is a Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero When I installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit at the time I installed the latest chipset (version 10.1.2.10).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AirPower4ever, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Question on Intel Chipset Updates

My system is a Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero

When I installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit at the time I installed the latest chipset (version 10.1.2.10). All has been well, but when I used the Windows Update Minitool the other week it says that there is a new update to these chipset entries.

I went to do a search and all I keep seeing is 10.1.2.10 or lower on the Internet at various sites. Is there a newer version than 10.1.2.10 that is "leaking out" slowly to the Internet that I cannot find?

These updates are for the Intel entries in the device manager under System devices. Just wondering.

:)

AirPower4ever, Jan 27, 2016

2. SSD Functions Strangely - 100% hang, read/write ever few seconds, spikes to 30% | Caused by Windows?

Try to install the latest Intel H97 Chipset driver maybe resolve the problem.

Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

IT Guy Viki, Jan 27, 2016
  3. Dave494 Win User
    Windows 10 installer never finds Chipset Drivers

Hi

When I've cleanly installed Windows 10 on four different computers with an Intel chipset, the Windows 10 installer never finds or installs the chipset drivers. The only thing Windows 10 does detect and install is the Intel Management Engine, but
    not the actual chipset drivers.

I've had to manually install the Windows 8.1 versions of the Intel chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer and then manually update these chipset drivers in the Device Manager, which Windows 10 then updates when requested - but Windows Update itself
    does not, strangely? Surely Windows 10 Update is supposed to install the newer driver versions????

My question is: will Microsoft fix this problem?

Given that chipset drivers have to be installed before all other drivers, I'm surprised this problem still exists five months after Windows 10 has been released.

I don't know if this problem affects other brands of chipsets?

Dave494, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Question on Intel Chipset Updates

They are a waste of time, ignore them.

nigelmercier, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Question on Intel Chipset Updates

1. Question on Intel Chipset Updates - Similar Threads - Question Intel Chipset

2. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  3. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  4. Question about Intel RST 18.x supported chipsets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Intel RST 18.x supported chipsets: The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is sometimes unreliable when it comes to checking for updates for my device. Hence me asking this question here. I have a Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard along with a Neo Forza Zion NFS01 (no nvme). Intel Rapid Storage Driver has started a...
  5. Screen glitches - Intel chipset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen glitches - Intel chipset: Hello everyone, I'm experiencing a very annoying issue with my Notebook that is making my screen glitch and flicker like crazy, making it unusable sometimes. Hope someone can help me with this. I have a notebook with the following specs: Intel Atom x5-z8350 with Intel HD...
  6. Question about Intel Chipset Device Software

Question about Intel Chipset Device Software: After a clean installation of Windows 10 there is a notification to tell me I need to reboot to finish installing the Intel Chipset drivers. After a reboot and checking for Windows Updates the system is then brought fully up to date. Is it still recommended to then go to the...
  7. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  8. Intel Chipset numbering question

Intel Chipset numbering question: When I run the Intel Driver Update Utility, it always shows my chipset needs an update. My problem is that my current version is 10.1.2.8 Intel Driver Update Utility wants to go to 10.1.1.14 Isn't 10.1.2 greater than 10.1.1? Or am I applying math where it doesn't...
  9. Chipset Driver Question

Chipset Driver Question: Hello , have a good day. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Everything looks fine in the Device Manager. Will the recent chipset drivers from the AMD site affect the performance of the load?There is no AHCI or Raid in the system.There is an "AMD usb filter driver" and...
  10. Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?: I noticed that Intel has an updated chipset driver 10.1.1.42. It's newer than one currently installed from Asus mobo page but Asus doesn't offer this update. Do I install it? [img] [img] 80321