Windows 10: Question re: cumulative updates and Media Creation Tool ...

Discus and support Question re: cumulative updates and Media Creation Tool ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Question - when Microsoft releases cumulative patches for Windows 10, does the Media Creation Tool get updated, too? Or does it get updated only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Omnimaxus, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Omnimaxus Win User

Question re: cumulative updates and Media Creation Tool ...

Hello. Question - when Microsoft releases cumulative patches for Windows 10, does the Media Creation Tool get updated, too? Or does it get updated only for major build releases (e.g. Threshold 2)? Thanks in advance. *Wink

:)

Omnimaxus, Jan 24, 2016

2. Unable to reload Windows 10

Question: When I Use the Media Creation Tool to create an .iso file, will the Cumulative Update KB3105213 changes be included ?

Mighty Tiger, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

So far, only for major build releases, some time (2 weeks-ish?) after realease to public through WIndows Updates.

Word Man, Jan 24, 2016
  5. Omnimaxus Win User
    Thanks, but how about something more "official" ... ? Has Microsoft actually spoken out regarding this?

Omnimaxus, Jan 25, 2016
  6. Word Man Win User
    Don't know. My statement is strictly anecdotal, i.e., what I've learned here at TenForums and I haven't observed any evidence to the contrary yet. Let me know if you can Google anything up on it.

Word Man, Jan 25, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I downloaded ISO's from Tech Bench and the newest Media Creation Tool about 4 days ago. Still build 10586.0. That's what the reality is.

NavyLCDR, Jan 25, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

That is odd because the iso was updated on the servers to 10586.35 recently. Maybe techbench versions are behind media creation tool versions?

cereberus, Jan 25, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Once 10586 is installed all of the cumulative updates will be installed and brought up to date.

BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    Yes of course, but the point was it did seem MS were keeping isos up to date as per OP question. So why have they gone backwards?

cereberus, Jan 25, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    The cumulative updates are not updated into the core builds.. i.e., 10586 you get them after you install that build(10586). As far as I can recall this is the way it's been for 10 all a long.

BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  12. cereberus Win User
    I am afraid I beg to differ - MS did this recently.

Look at this image. Just downloaded MCT a few minutes ago.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

cereberus, Jan 25, 2016
  13. Word Man Win User

Interesting.... do you plan to pull down that iso and, if so, run DISM get-wiminfo on it?

If no one else does, I might do it myself for S&G when I get home tonight.

Word Man, Jan 25, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    The MCT is 10586.35. Run it and you will get build 10586.0 ISO just like I did. And besides, there never was a build 10586.35 of Windows 10 released.

NavyLCDR, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Question re: cumulative updates and Media Creation Tool ... - Similar Threads - Question cumulative updates

2. Windows Media Creation Tool Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Creation Tool Question: Hi guys, my pc has been acting up recently so i wanted to reset it, however, I found that I wouldn't have the time to reinstall all my apps and games so I then switched over to the media creation tool. Theres one problem though, my pc was pre built and when we bought it, we...
  3. MR Media Creation Tool Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MR Media Creation Tool Question: I'm running 1903. When I go to create a bootable rescue media in MR, it brings up a PE 1709 version. Is it safe to assume that all the files and drivers necessary to boot in 1903 is the same as was with 1709? 133940
  4. Windows Media Creation tool Question

Windows Media Creation tool Question: My PC keeps freezing on me and because of my idiocy I did not create a restore drive or create a new install media when I upgraded Win 7 to Win 10. I am needing to reset my Win 10 system and I need to run the media creation tool to help resolve this issue. My question is do I...
  5. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive and then use the flash drive to do a clean install of Windows 10, will WinRE be used for any part of the process? I’m asking because I have an old laptop running Windows 10 that doesn’t like the latest...
  6. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions. 1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool)...
  7. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: I plan on doing a clean install. My question is do I still need to upgrade to windows 10 first or can I just enter the windows 7 key during the clean install of windows 10? Thank you for this information 9372
  8. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: I have a USB installation thumb drive that I created using the Media Creation Tool back in August 2015 to clean install on a new laptop. I may have the time I need to upgrade my desktop and I am preparing everything I need for a clean install. Will I need to create a...
  9. Question about media creation tool

Question about media creation tool: Hello guys. I have just downloaded media creation tool from MS. File version says 10.0.15063.0 Is this the correct version for CU? Can I download the ISO and upgrade my current Anniversary Update? 81291
  10. Question re: Media Creation Tool and Windows 10 versions ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Question re: Media Creation Tool and Windows 10 versions ...: Hello. So, I know all about the Media Creation Tool that Microsoft has provided, and I've used it to download an installable ISO of Windows 10 after I got finished upgrading to Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool. My question is, will Microsoft stick with Build 10240 (the...