Windows 10: Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image

Discus and support Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Can the windows 10 Rescue Media created by Macrium be on the same USB thumb drive as the system image. I've got them on two separate usb's. The rescue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RichardC, Jun 9, 2018.

1. RichardC Win User

Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image

Can the windows 10 Rescue Media created by Macrium be on the same USB thumb drive as the system image. I've got them on two separate usb's. The rescue media is on a usb formatted fat32. The full system image is on a usb formatted ntfs. My question is can both items be on the same usb? If so, does it matter how the usb is formatted. I checked the system backup image and it includes the ESP partition in fat32 and the c drive partition in nfts. If you could have both on the same usb, should the rescue media partition be the 'active' partition? Any advice would be much appreciated.

:)

RichardC, Jun 9, 2018
  2. LShel42 Win User

System Image Restore Questions

I just restored my system with a system image. During the process It suggested I use the latest image, but the image it listed was identified with the wrong time and wrong drive letter. After puzzling on that for a while, I went ahead and selected it, and
    it restored successfully. I concluded the time was PDT (while my system time is EDT), and the drive name was correct, but the drive letter was wrong.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Any thoughts why this behavior happened? My main purpose of posting is to advertise the fact that the restore process went OK in case anyone else sees the same issues and doesn't know what to do, but I am curious about
    why it happened.

LShel42, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image

1. Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image - Similar Threads - Question MR7 Rescue

2. Unbootable Rescue media -- a VM to the rescue

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unbootable Rescue media -- a VM to the rescue: Hi folks I needed to restore a "broken" Windows SSD - normally I use Macrium bootable rescue media - but I'd lost my set of 3 USB drives I had the rescue media on. !!!!! However I had a Windows Virtual machine on a Linux system from an external SSD. So attaching the...
  3. MR7 Backups and Images

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MR7 Backups and Images: In MR7 what's the difference between the terms "backup" (create a backup) and "imaging" (create an image)? Seems like they point to the same process of creating an image (or images) for the purpose of backing up. *sarc 142876
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi. I hope this doesn't sound dumb but I created a Macrium Rescue Media on a USB stick and also on the Boot menu. Am I correct in assuming that there is no problem with doing this as now I would have the option of using the USB stick in the event that I can't boot into...
  5. Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi. I hope this doesn't sound dumb but I created a Macrium Rescue Media on a USB stick and also on the Boot menu. Am I correct in assuming that there is no problem with doing this as now I would have the option of using the USB stick in the event that I can't boot into...
  6. Macrium Reflect rescue media questions

Macrium Reflect rescue media questions: So i'm a hobbyist system builder for friends a family and often i'm also their go-to guy for troubleshooting. Now, im using MR Home to do my own system backups but i've yet to make a rescue media (yeah go figure). So the question is 1. Since i'm hobbyist builder. Should i...
  7. Correction re Media Player Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Correction re Media Player Question: Correction: I'm running 32-bit version of Media Player (Windows 10) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correction-re-media-player-question/d0c36cd0-81b3-4cc2-9be2-d916af19e63f
  8. System Image question

System Image question: I want to make a system image, but to get to the option to make one I have to go into Backup and Restore (Windows 7). My Previous OS was Win7 but I deleted the .old folder left behind, will there be any issues if I make the image here regardless if it says windows 7 or...
  9. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...
  10. System Image Question

System Image Question: When I go make a system image in Windows 10 and I am at the window "Which drives do you want to include in the backup" I see that EFI System is selected, OS (C) (System) is selected and also WINRETOOLS (system) is selected. There is also a RECOVERY (l) but it is NOT selected....