Windows 10: Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10

Discus and support Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently did the upgrade and update to windows 10 pro. I am happy with it and all is OK. What I am wondering, Is I need to do a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kjames1973, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10

Hello,

I recently did the upgrade and update to windows 10 pro. I am happy with it and all is OK. What I am wondering, Is I need to do a clean install. So, I currently have a raid set up on it and I did not set it up. The great thing is the upgrade/update kept all my settings and worked well. Even kept my raid.

If I do the clean install, will I loose the raid drives. I know the install only effects the C drive. But these other drives where i have backed up things to. Will it carry over to my fresh install of windows 10?

So, if windows 10 installs and all is OK. But no raid drives. How do I bring the raid drives back on. Is there a way I can do this with out loosing it during the fresh clean install?

Thanks, Karl

:)

kjames1973, Aug 11, 2015

2. windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 on a raid 0 ssd setup

Hi

when the upgrade to windows 10 will be lunch and i start the procedure it will pick up that i am on a raid 0 ssd configuration and upgrade on it or it will mess up the raid and i will need to make a fresh install ?

carlopezzi, Aug 11, 2015
  3. DanDay Win User
    Windows 10 IDE-ACHI-Raid Drive problems

My Windows 10 has crashed 3 times after fresh installs using Raid 0 . It begins with errors

DanDay, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10

1. Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Question Regarding Raid

2. Question regarding Windows 10 clean install!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question regarding Windows 10 clean install!: Hi all, I was wondering whether Windows 10 installs any hardware related drivers of its own at any point during a clean installation. A while back I did a clean install on my wife's Surface Pro 6 and saved a system image using Macrium Reflect as soon as it was done, without...
  3. question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question regarding windows 10: Is there any App (preferably free) that will work with Windows 10 that can create photo collages.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-regarding-windows-10/6413a3cf-7b66-4c46-9ae8-4fcae635c385
  4. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1: I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of...
  5. need to install fresh clean windows

need to install fresh clean windows: Hi , How can I install a fresh windows in my PC. I don't have a disc or something ,when I tried with restore option it asks for disc mediums . since it is a licensed version how can I get to install windows...
  6. Windows 10 Activation / Question regarding clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation / Question regarding clean install: So i have just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, i had/have a legal Windows 7 Pro license key that came with my laptop and it activated Windows 7 just fine. Windows 10 however will not activate, i already read that this might be possible due to the activation...
  7. Fresh installation question

Fresh installation question: I'm planning my first install of 10 onto a new SSD. I have win7 home registered and my account key on hand. From the reading I've done it seems possible to bypass the "upgrade" step but I'm still a bit confused by some of the jargon etc. Basically what is the simplest...
  8. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: I have a slight twist on the clean install question. Could not find a clear answer on the forum or the internets. Win 7 pro computer (homebuilt) 1. Get current win 7 installation up to date and cleaned up. 2. Remove Win 7 OS SSD 3. Put in clean formatted SSD 4. Clean...
  9. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...
  10. Some questions regarding clean installation of Windows 10

Some questions regarding clean installation of Windows 10: I have looked at this guide: Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums But I am still a bit confused regarding the part to choose "where you want to install Windows 10" When at the screen showing you the different hard drive partitions, I still have no idea what to...