Windows 10: Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10

Discus and support Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently did the upgrade and update to windows 10 pro. I am happy with it and all is OK. What I am wondering, Is I need to do a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kjames1973, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10

Hello,

I recently did the upgrade and update to windows 10 pro. I am happy with it and all is OK. What I am wondering, Is I need to do a clean install. So, I currently have a raid set up on it and I did not set it up. The great thing is the upgrade/update kept all my settings and worked well. Even kept my raid.

If I do the clean install, will I loose the raid drives. I know the install only effects the C drive. But these other drives where i have backed up things to. Will it carry over to my fresh install of windows 10?

So, if windows 10 installs and all is OK. But no raid drives. How do I bring the raid drives back on. Is there a way I can do this with out loosing it during the fresh clean install?

Thanks, Karl

:)

kjames1973, Aug 11, 2015

2. windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 on a raid 0 ssd setup

Hi

when the upgrade to windows 10 will be lunch and i start the procedure it will pick up that i am on a raid 0 ssd configuration and upgrade on it or it will mess up the raid and i will need to make a fresh install ?

carlopezzi, Aug 11, 2015
  3. DanDay Win User
    Windows 10 IDE-ACHI-Raid Drive problems

My Windows 10 has crashed 3 times after fresh installs using Raid 0 . It begins with errors

DanDay, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10

1. Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Question Regarding Raid

2. Feedback regarding fresh/clean installation of Windows 10 22H2 Windows store unable to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Feedback regarding fresh/clean installation of Windows 10 22H2 Windows store unable to...: Dear Microsoft, Recently I did a few fresh install of Windows, these PCs which have a fresh copy of Windows 10. Weirdly the Windows store will not load and this error will pop out. "Something bad happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest." I tried different ways to solve...
  3. Feedback regarding fresh/clean installation of Windows 10 22H2 Windows store unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback regarding fresh/clean installation of Windows 10 22H2 Windows store unable to...: Dear Microsoft, Recently I did a few fresh install of Windows, these PCs which have a fresh copy of Windows 10. Weirdly the Windows store will not load and this error will pop out. "Something bad happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest." I tried different ways to solve...
  4. Feedback regarding fresh/clean installation of Windows 10 22H2 Windows store unable to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  6. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  7. Regarding windows 10 clean installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding windows 10 clean installation.: Hello sir, I am vaibhav, due to virus issue i was trying to install windows 10 clean installation but while installation when it reaches partition page it shows [ATTACH] This error i dont know what to do... i have dell laptop vostro 3558. I have deleted partition by...
  8. Question regarding Windows 10 clean install!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question regarding Windows 10 clean install!: Hi all, I was wondering whether Windows 10 installs any hardware related drivers of its own at any point during a clean installation. A while back I did a clean install on my wife's Surface Pro 6 and saved a system image using Macrium Reflect as soon as it was done, without...
  9. Windows 10 Activation / Question regarding clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation / Question regarding clean install: So i have just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, i had/have a legal Windows 7 Pro license key that came with my laptop and it activated Windows 7 just fine. Windows 10 however will not activate, i already read that this might be possible due to the activation...
  10. Some questions regarding clean installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some questions regarding clean installation of Windows 10: I have looked at this guide: Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums But I am still a bit confused regarding the part to choose "where you want to install Windows 10" When at the screen showing you the different hard drive partitions, I still have no idea what to...