Windows 10: Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

Discus and support Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having an issue here I'm hoping someone can help me with. I connect to a Remote Desktop Connection from home for work and for some reason, it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kailef, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Kailef Win User

Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

I'm having an issue here I'm hoping someone can help me with. I connect to a Remote Desktop Connection from home for work and for some reason, it's not allowing me to use dual monitors for the software. Hope this is in the right forum as well.

I know about the Remote Desktop Connection showing more details and going to the Display tab to enable multiple monitor use.

I, however, use RDWeb Access through a URL link to connect to work and it unfortunately does not give the option to show details to get the display tab to enable multiple monitors. I have been able download the RDP file and go into Word to edit the file to connect.

I've attempted to add/edit several lines, but it's not helping. Below is what I have tried so far:

This already exists in the RDP file so I did not add this: span monitors:i:1
    This already exists in the RDP file so I did not add this: use multimon:i:1 - I have tried changing the "1" to a "0"

Someone also mentioned on another site I found through Googling the problem the following:

Find "use multimon:i:1" and add "\nscreen mode id:i:2\n" after it to make it look like "use multimon:i:1\nscreen mode id:i:2\n"

None of these worked. The one piece of software I have to use that requires the remote desktop connection through RDWeb Access only doesn't allow me to drag the software to the 2nd window. It only opens and operates on the primary monitor.

I know the simple solution is to change the primary monitor to the one i want it on, but I was hoping there was an actual fix that allowed me to include both monitors in the remote connect in case additional software is required later so I can split them up into both monitors.

Any help and advice is appreciated.

:)

Kailef, Aug 2, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Remote desktop rebooting

Hi,

We may need more information about the issue on the remote desktop that keeps rebooting, kindly respond to the following questions:

• How do you access the remote desktop?
    • Is the process of the connection through a wireless connection?
    We suggest that you check your firewall or antivirus settings if it is blocking the connection between the two devices.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

1. Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection - Similar Threads - Question regarding Remote

2. Remote Desktop setup question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop setup question: Three remote users need to access a SQL database on a desktop computer. I was told Remote Desktop was a good option. I have the following questions.1. What software do I need to have on that desktop computer? Windows 10, 11 or a server edition?2. If a server edition, what...
  3. Remote Desktop setup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop setup question: Three remote users need to access a SQL database on a desktop computer. I was told Remote Desktop was a good option. I have the following questions.1. What software do I need to have on that desktop computer? Windows 10, 11 or a server edition?2. If a server edition, what...
  4. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  5. Remote desktop questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote desktop questions: How well does remote desktop work? My desktop pc is connected to the network with Ethernet, but I want to try using my ipad or Windows laptop on the Wi-Fi to connect. How does it work with accessing files, watching videos, using Photoshop and other programs, or playing games?...
  6. Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition: I am trying to download RDPwrapper in my lappy but its not installing all the files and while installion its showing executable file not found and I cant proceed with the other steps Is there any other alternative to enable the Remote Desktop Connection . PLease tell me?...
  7. Remote Desktop Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Question: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on my laptop. I have a friend who is new to Windows and needs occasional help. If I upgrade her Windows 10 Home to Pro, I can use Remote Desktop to access her laptop and essentially take control (do updates, open apps, show her how to do...
  8. Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection: I'm having an issue here I'm hoping someone can help me with. I connect to a Remote Desktop Connection from home for work and for some reason, it's not allowing me to use dual monitors for the software. Hope this is in the right forum as well. I know about the Remote Desktop...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection Explained - Question remote XP?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Remote Desktop Connection Explained - Question remote XP?: Hi. I just viewed Kari Finn's clearly explained Remote Desktop Connection on Win10 and how to connect to remote computer, thank you for that. Good job! In my case though, I use Win XP Home edition. Do I have to have Win XP Pro edition to connect on RDC to Win 10 host using...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...