Windows 10: Question regarding to activation from preview version to RTM

Discus and support Question regarding to activation from preview version to RTM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi forumers, So far what I knew is those who join for windows insider preview are able to obtain windows 10 for free (before RTM released) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cutesniper22, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Question regarding to activation from preview version to RTM

Hi forumers,

So far what I knew is those who join for windows insider preview are able to obtain windows 10 for free (before RTM released)
    I registered windows insider preview with my account since win10 still in beta stage (build 10xxx). However, I didn't install and test. Do I still able to install preview version and update it to geniune windows 10 for free? I still having the win10 build 10xxx ISO with me.

Does the procedure to activate from preview to RTM still remain as the same?

:)

cutesniper22, Jun 6, 2016

2. win 10 activation on and off

Hi Steve

Using a Product Key from the previous version of Windows is not supported in the RTM version yet.

It is being tested in the Preview Build 10565 now.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Jun 6, 2016
  3. SOOKIM7 Win User
    need information on Windows10 RTM Release Date

I've been using Windows 10 preview ver. for about 3 days.

I'm waiting for the rtm ver.

The questions are below :

1) When will the rtm version get release? (pls let me know the exact date)

2) How can I install the rtm version? (is the preview ver. automatically upgraded to rtm ver.?)

SOOKIM7, Jun 6, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Question regarding to activation from preview version to RTM

I'm on the Insider Preview for quite awhile now and have never been given any indication we will get the RTM version free. Do you have a reference to anything that says that?

Berton, Jun 6, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Question regarding to activation from preview version to RTM

1. Question regarding to activation from preview version to RTM - Similar Threads - Question regarding activation

2. Update Sharepoint Server 2016 to the latest version from RTM version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Sharepoint Server 2016 to the latest version from RTM version: Hi, I want to update my Sharepoint Server 2016 to the latest update KB 5002350 and the current version it RTM version. Is it safe to jump through to the latest update since is cumulative or there is a staging phase to upgrade from RTM version. Is there any consideration to...
  3. Update Sharepoint Server 2016 to the latest version from RTM version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Sharepoint Server 2016 to the latest version from RTM version: Hi, I want to update my Sharepoint Server 2016 to the latest update KB 5002350 and the current version it RTM version. Is it safe to jump through to the latest update since is cumulative or there is a staging phase to upgrade from RTM version. Is there any consideration to...
  4. Question Regarding Activation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question Regarding Activation in Windows 10: I want to know, what would happen if Windows 10 is used without activation. I came to know through one of my friend that Windows 10 comes for free,officially. He directed me to this website https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10, to corroborate his...
  5. Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version: Few months ago I bought an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro for roughly around 1$ off eBay Everything's fine with it and the key is working, but soon I'm planning to upgrade some parts of my system and probably do a new installation of Windows using Media Creation Tool I want...
  6. I have questions regarding version updates

I have questions regarding version updates: I have two computers and they are both still running version 1803. Why have I never received the 1809 update and should I download and install it manually before the new version is rolled out? What's this I hear about this new version having a glitch that could really mess...
  7. Windows 10 Preview build to RTM before my version expires

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Preview build to RTM before my version expires: I'm trying to update from preview version 1809 build18272.1000 to the RTM version 1809 build 17763.134. I can't keep my apps and settings because the RTM version is lower than the preview build. Can I change the version number in the registry to fake it out? Is there any way...
  8. Windows preview up grade to rtm

Windows preview up grade to rtm: will preview builds get upgraded to RTM before july 29th, can I assume the upgrade will come thru on slow and fast ring? 6831
  9. RTM question

in Windows 10 Support
    RTM question: I'm on 8.1 right now and downloaded the RTM build 10240. Can i install this to tinker and still get my free update when released? 8522
  10. Will the Preview become RTM with a real key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will the Preview become RTM with a real key?: Hi, I think I have read somewhere that a preview Win 10 install will become, though updates, an RTM version. If so great. But, again, if so, will there be a unique key that can be used to reinstall it on a clean partition on the same computer if it becomes corrupted ? Will...