Windows 10: question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc

Discus and support question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folk. Its been a while since I was on here. Originally I upgraded my Win 7 to Win 10 when that option was available. The pc it was on has pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Antonyvw, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Antonyvw Win User

question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc

Hi folk. Its been a while since I was on here. Originally I upgraded my Win 7 to Win 10 when that option was available. The pc it was on has pretty much given up and I am replacing it with a new home build (the last one was also a home build). I remember at the time that we were told that having upgraded from 7 to 10 we could not use that on a different pc if we no longer used the original one. Is that still the case? Or can I use my copy that is not going to be in use?

Thanks in advance
    Antony

:)

Antonyvw, Mar 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 Pro upograde, it says incompatible machine.

This didn't address the question.

Since my current PC is running Win 7 Ultimate, I qualify for Win 10 Pro.

It doesn't make financial sense to upgrade the hardware to Win 10 specs.

So, I'm wondering if there is any way to transfer the Pro upgrade to a replacement PC?

RussBradley, Mar 20, 2017
  3. questions regarding win 10

https://neosmart.net/blog/2014/windows-10-embedded-product-key-tool/#more-3188

Designed for users of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, our embedded product key tool will retrieve and display the Windows setup product key embedded in the BIOS or EFI, allowing you to store it for safe-keeping or use it to reinstall Windows
    with an official Windows setup image.

4, windows media center is going in win 10, so will windows media player still be there or will there be a app, and if its an app will that app work like the media player to show all different video types or just dvd's ?

Windows Media Player is available in Windows 10 but is hidden:

Press Windows key + R

Type: wmplayer.exe

Hit Enter

Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.

5, how will win 10 / win 10 pro activate ? will we receive a product key via email ?

By default, Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed, meaning, you do not have to enter a product key and should not be prompted to enter one even after Windows 10 has completed setup.

6, will win 10 pro automatically download or will it just be win 10 download first and windows updates it to pro ?

Learn more about how it works:

The Windows 10 upgrade is designed to be compatible with your current Windows device and applications*. We are hard at work to make this upgrade process a great experience.
    You can reserve your free Windows 10 upgrade now through a simple reservation process. Look for this icon in your system tray at the bottom of your screen, simply click on the icon, and then complete the reservation process.
    You can find more details on how this works at Windows.com.

question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc [​IMG]

Andre Da Costa, Mar 20, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Mar 20, 2017
  5. Antonyvw Win User
    Thank you that was informative and very helpful. Hopefully that will save me some money in a week or so when I build the new pc.

Antonyvw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc - Similar Threads - question regarding using

2. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  3. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  4. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. A question Regarding the mobile hotspot using lan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question Regarding the mobile hotspot using lan: Why whenever i use mobile hotspot on lan using windows 11 it works perfectly fine but like after 3-5min it says `internet not available` on my phone...
  6. Question regarding the use of ei.cfg on Windows 10

Question regarding the use of ei.cfg on Windows 10: Prior to Windows 10, if you purchased a computer that had the Home edition of Windows installed on it, there would be a signature in the firmware that indicated that the system shipped with the Home edition of Windows. If you then booted from Windows install media that had...
  7. Question regarding windows 10

Question regarding windows 10: I am running an hp PC with windows 10 running in it And facing some issues I wan't to do a system restore But the problem is that if I do it then I will get back to windows 8 as it was my original os and I upgraded it to windows 10 during free update period ... So the...
  8. Question regarding upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question regarding upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: Hello. I am thinking of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. If I purchase the new product key, do I have to do a full backup of my computer as if for a full upgrade or does the new product key just unlock the upgraded version?...
  9. question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question regarding windows 10: Is there any App (preferably free) that will work with Windows 10 that can create photo collages.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-regarding-windows-10/6413a3cf-7b66-4c46-9ae8-4fcae635c385
  10. Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process: Hello, When downloading and installing a Win 10 update (in this case, Win 10 Cumulative Update KB4462919 for Version 1803), what is the sequence of events that are supposed to occur? To clarify, right now my computer is in the process of attempting to install this update and...