Windows 10: Questionable Windows Disk Cleanup Results

Discus and support Questionable Windows Disk Cleanup Results in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Decided to run Windows Disk Cleanup and selected "Cleanup System Files" The scan found 3.99T (that's "T") of files under Windows Update Cleanup. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fearonc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. fearonc Win User

Questionable Windows Disk Cleanup Results

Decided to run Windows Disk Cleanup and selected "Cleanup System Files" The scan found 3.99T (that's "T") of files under Windows Update Cleanup. How can that be? I only have 1.8T of total hard drive space (2 hard drives)! Didn't dare delete any of those files in that category. Thanks!!

:)

fearonc, Oct 28, 2016

2. disk cleanup question

hi i've been looking at disk cleanup and in the system files part i have Windows update clenaup , windows update log files and , previous windows installtions(total 6.88GB) which one(s) of these can i safely delete and can i back them up on a memory stick
    if so how what are the file paths? (my OS is windows 10)

ARSENALTASTIC, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Image thumbnail preview not showing on medium-sized icons.

Hi,

See if clearing the thumbnail cache using Disk Cleanup helps.

Click Start, type Disk Cleanup, and click Disk Cleanup from search results.

In the Disk Cleanup window, deselect everything, except Thumbnails.

Click OK.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 28, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Yes, it is completely safe to delete these.

An explanation here...
    Cumulative Update KB3197954 Windows 10 PC and Mobile build 14393.351

Thema:

1. Questionable Windows Disk Cleanup Results - Similar Threads - Questionable Disk Cleanup

2. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup: why won't Disk Cleanup delete the 3.2gb of temp files. when I try using the remove files in settings, they are shown as deleted but if I renter settings they reapear. why is that?...
  3. Windows 10 Disk Cleanup question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Disk Cleanup question: I wanted to free up some disk space using the Disk Cleanup utility and I noticed that among the list is called Windows Update Cleanup. If I leave it selected, will this remove or uninstall all Windows security updates? I have an attached image to show what I am referring to....
  4. Windows 10 Disk Cleanup question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Disk Cleanup question: I wanted to free up some disk space using the Disk Cleanup utility and I noticed that among the list is called Windows Update Cleanup. If I leave it selected, will this remove or uninstall all Windows security updates? I have an attached image to show what I am referring to....
  5. disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disk cleanup: disk cleanup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup/4e0cc450-a69e-4f33-b684-2e2901f62732
  6. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cleanup: [ATTACH] is it common for disk cleanup to affect the computers performance last time i used it made me make a whole clean installation of windows 10 since it became very laggy i wonder if this new option will do me any better since i have 7gb of files that needs to be...
  7. DISK CLEANUP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISK CLEANUP: Everytime I try to do Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 it always stalls when it hits "Windows Defender AntiVirus" I can never get it to complete what gives? HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup/a55ceefb-b2ff-4ef5-9107-07ff4e2a91bc"
  8. Disk Cleanup Questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup Questions: Hello Microsoft Community, I have some questions about Disk Cleanup. 1- Whenever I go into Disk Cleanup and select my C: drive, I see some files like Downloaded Program Files that are checked. However, there are some files such as DirectX Shader Cache that are not checked....
  9. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup: Hello Forum, Recently made system upgrade to version 1803. (Auto update still disabled). Opened the MS update catalog and downloaded almost all update files for this version (x64), read a little about each one and worked for 3 days to install them. When finished I saw that...
  10. Disk Cleanup Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup Question: Hello, When I am cleaning my C: drive with Disk Cleanup, is it safe to select all of the options to clean? I have Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files, System created Windows error reporting files, DirectX Shader Cache, Delivery Optimization Files, Downloads,...