Windows 10: Questions about driver troubleshooting.

Discus and support Questions about driver troubleshooting. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I were to say that I accidentally uninstalled one of my "PCI-to-PCI Bridge" drivers, would Windows be able to re-install them? This question is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arcturus Fyr, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Questions about driver troubleshooting.

If I were to say that I accidentally uninstalled one of my "PCI-to-PCI Bridge" drivers, would Windows be able to re-install them?

This question is asked just in case something like this happened in the future.

Questions about driver troubleshooting. [​IMG]

Any input would appreciated.

:)

Arcturus Fyr, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Questions about driver troubleshooting.

Should be able to. Right click on the very top entry for the computer name and click on scan for hardware changes.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2015
  5. How about automatically, can Windows do this by itself?

Arcturus Fyr, Sep 17, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Maybe on a full cold reboot.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2015
  7. Alright, a few more questions. Aside from the two aforementioned methods, is the "PCI-to-PCI Bridge"driver restorable through any drivers made by my computing device's manufacturer?

I also installed Windows 10 via Upgrade, is their anyway to re-install Windows 10 again, without another digital and/or physical copy?

Without all the pci-to-pci-bridge drivers, what do I lose in stability, functionality, and performance? Also, how do I know they're all there?

My last question would be, are you certain that either of the two processes you mentioned to recover said drivers would work 100%?

Please respond.

Arcturus Fyr, Sep 19, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Sep 19, 2015
  9. While the tutorial is immensely helpful, I'd still like to know if scanning for hardware changes, or doing a cold boot is a full-proof set of methods if not in the very least, a likely solution for the potential aforementioned problem.

Please respond.

Arcturus Fyr, Sep 20, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Hi
    Fool proof - no. Likely, yes.

NavyLCDR, Sep 20, 2015
  11. Alright that takes a load off my mind, thank you for your support and patience. I really appreciate this.

Arcturus Fyr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Questions about driver troubleshooting. - Similar Threads - Questions driver troubleshooting

2. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  3. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  4. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. About troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About troubleshoot: whenever i tried to connect with wifi it shows troubleshoot.i tried to reconnect many times but it does not work at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-troubleshoot/fddb0700-b0e4-4bb3-816a-37e058dcfd81
  6. Question about Driver Event History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Driver Event History: Hello.For some reason, when I uninstalled then reinstalled a specific driver, the event "Device deleted" shows up in the newly installed driver's event history before the events "Device configured" and "Device started." How can a driver be "deleted" before being installed?Am...
  7. Question about AMD legacy drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about AMD legacy drivers: Hi Are there any available drivers for the radeon HD 5000 to 7000 series cards for 1809? I'm asking because just in case I buy a card that is in the said family I wouldn't have problems installing the drivers for it. Any tutorials for installing as well? Thanks! 178936
  8. questions about biometric drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    questions about biometric drivers: Okay, so I just got an eikon mini fingerprint reader. I plugged it in, and its driver doesn't install. When I attempt to locate a driver, I found a bunch of old and depreciated links that don't go anywhere. I would like to know if there is any generic driver that I could use...
  9. Question about Sony Vaio Drivers

Question about Sony Vaio Drivers: I have a sony vaio SVF15213SN Laptop. Sony recently released drives for it, but they say that you have to be on windows 8.1 for the drivers to download and then you can upgrade to windows 10. But I already upgraded (did a clean install) to windows 10 enterprise when it was...
  10. Question About General Drivers' Dates

Question About General Drivers' Dates: Hello, so I've noticed this a long time ago, and it's stil the case. I'm just curious to why the majority of general drivers' dates in the Device Manager are dated as: 6/21/2006 Why so old? Why hasn't there been updates to those drivers ever (since 2006)? I'm just curious...