Windows 10: Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?

Discus and support Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just the OEM manufacturers wording. My wording in most posts is UEFI/BIOS frimware. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeHawthorne, Sep 4, 2014.

1. theog Win User

Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?

Just the OEM manufacturers wording.
    My wording in most posts is UEFI/BIOS frimware.

theog, Sep 18, 2014
  2. Winuser Win User

I had to disable Secure Boot to install a video card. I don't have any warning about Secure Boot being disabled and Windows still say's that it's activated.

Winuser, Sep 20, 2014
  3. badrobot Win User
    What OS are you running?

badrobot, Sep 20, 2014
  4. theog Win User

Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 8) | HP® Support

theog, Sep 20, 2014
  5. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Sep 21, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    One scenario I know that the warning will come out is when you say migrated the OS into an SSD while secure boot is disabled and CSM is enabled. An MBR partition will be created that you can use to boot up instead of the Windows Boot Manager of the original installation. The OS will boot up but it will give you a warning about the OS being deactivated because of the "improper" Secure Boot settings. Not sure if this really makes sense at all but that is just one of the scenarios I've observed.

badrobot, Sep 21, 2014
  7. theog Win User
    No problems with UEFI Dual boot Windows 8/8.1 & 10. (Secure Boot ENABLED)

theog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9? - Similar Threads - Questions dual booting

2. Question about dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about dual monitors.: I have recently installed a second monitor to my setup. I have a 32" primary and a 28" secondary at the moment. Both of them have the same resolutions, so windows detects them as the same size, but they are not. My problem is, that when I set it on extend mode, the experience...
  3. Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines

Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines: Hello, I tried searching for an answer but I could not find one. I'm trying to figure out if I combine some hard drives and create a storage space will these drives be accessible from a Linux or macOS partition? Thank you!! submitted by /u/prjoni99 [link] [comments]...
  4. question about window on dual monitors

question about window on dual monitors: I have two monitors and when I move an open window from the left monitor to the right monitor it always minimizes how can I stop that from happening. submitted by /u/murph_man99 [link] [comments]...
  5. Dual boot question

Dual boot question: I want to install Windows on an SSD with Linux already installed in it. However, whenever I do so, it stops with an error - Windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted as NTFS. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32, and restart the installation. What to...
  6. Dual Boot Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Question: I wanted to update and run a dual boot on 2 separate ssd's. The original ssd has 8.1, and I tried to do an install using an ISO file I made of 10 on the other ssd but could not get past the authentication code since it would not accept my code for windows 8.1. After several...
  7. dual boot question

dual boot question: Thank you for taking the time to read this. I currently have a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and Linux Mint. The upgrade to Win 10 is ready. Will the upgrade destroy my boot sector ? If it does, will I be able to re-install Linux after upgrading to Win 10 from Windows 7?...
  8. Dual Boot question

Dual Boot question: Hi, I have set a dual boot config, on a laptop with W 7 x64 preinstalled. Laptop has one disk drive, before dual boot, with 3 primary partitions, from left to right, in Computer Management: 1. Recovery OEM primary 15 GB 2. System Reserved 100 MB primary (70 MB free)...
  9. Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8

Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8: A little early but this is what I am looking at. [img] I plan to just remove Win 7 (C) and install Win 9 Preview in its place as (C) At present Win 8 is on a Logical drive (W) but have thought about deleting Win 7 and converting Win 8 (W) to a primary partition and...
  10. Questions about dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows 7

Questions about dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows 7: Hello TenForums, first post from a forum lurker new to Windows 10. I've been using Windows 7 Home for years and found Sevenforums very helpful just like this forum. I have read this thread and other tutorials about this topic on other sites/blogs and still have a few question...