Windows 10: Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10

Discus and support Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi this is my first post on this forum and I am planning on building a gaming PC soon and am wondering if i should get windows 10 with it. I also want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thrashmetal86, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10

Hi this is my first post on this forum and I am planning on building a gaming PC soon and am wondering if i should get windows 10 with it. I also want to get FSX but with the issues I've seen with the FSX community on windows 8.1 with the crashing i'm kinda worried if i should get windows 7 but with vista support gone i know win 7 is next so please help me out here.

Is there any issues compatibility wise with FSX using windows 10? Thanks - Nick

Oh and here is the link to my part list for my upcoming PC.
    System Build - PCPartPicker

:)

Thrashmetal86, Aug 4, 2015

2. Flight Sim X DELUXE EDITION and Widows 10 compatibility

Hi, I just read about FSX SE and Win 10. However, nothing about the Deluxe Edition one, which I happen to have. Could someone enlighten me as to whether FSX DE (not SE) is compatible with Win 10? I haven't upgraded my computer yet, so I still have the
    option of going for a dual boot system, keeping 100GB for Win XP, and using 3.9TB for Win 10. I'd prefer not to retain XP, hence the question. Thanks,

MeanSpitfire, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Win 10 > FSX Acceleration compatibility

I just learned this the other day, for those of you who are having frame rate problems with FSX and Windows 10, right click on the FSX icon in the FSX directory. Unclick the compatibility box. Then rerun FSX. It worked for me.

Robert.

Grahamsr01, Aug 4, 2015
  4. pasca1228 Win User

Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 last weekend. Initially, I got a black screen while booting into FSX (no status window). After an upgrade through Windows 10 of the nVidia card, the black screen persisted until the flight loaded. That would have been okay but whenever I needed to access the menu, FSX reverted to a black screen and I had to close.

There are conflicts with Windows 10, but they are related to DirectX12. FSX does not play well with DX12, although some people have no problems. I restored my image of Windows 8.1. By the way, I noticed no increase in frame rates. Mine were already ~20 on Windows 8.1. I'm sticking with 8.1 until I can figure out a way of working around DX12.

Don't bother trying to re-install FSX after upgrading. It won't make a difference and you'll be wasting your time. If you have a conflict, it will be immediately apparent when you try to run FSX.

pasca1228, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10

1. Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Questions FSX compatibility

2. About Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Compatibility: Hi everyone, I just bought my new laptop made from Huawei. And I wanna install Windows 11 straightforwardly. But, it only asks to download Windows 10 software. Can someone plz tell how to download Windows 11 straightly? FYI, my knew laptop is Huawei MateBook X Pro 2021....
  3. About Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Compatibility: Hi everyone, I just bought my new laptop made from Huawei. And I wanna install Windows 11 straightforwardly. But, it only asks to download Windows 10 software. Can someone plz tell how to download Windows 11 straightly? FYI, my knew laptop is Huawei MateBook X Pro 2021....
  4. Compatibility question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility question: I am coming here with a simple questionCan a Zotac nvidia gt 710fit into m5a78l-m LE Asus MotherboardSpecs od this gpu are:-PCI Express 2.0-DDR3-64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-question/605caf5c-a04d-42ea-b4ea-a9b44e27bc6c
  5. Compatibility question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compatibility question: I am coming here with a simple questionCan a Zotac nvidia gt 710fit into m5a78l-m LE Asus MotherboardSpecs od this gpu are:-PCI Express 2.0-DDR3-64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-question/605caf5c-a04d-42ea-b4ea-a9b44e27bc6c
  6. Question about Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows 10: So now I bought a new pc and it is using the windows 10 pro trial version. So I want to install windows 10 home on my pc and how to do it, do I just change the product key, or use a hard drive. Because I am using Windows 10 Pro trial and if I bought Windows 10 home do I...
  7. Question about Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows 10: So now I bought a new pc and it is using the trial version. So I want to install windows 10 on my pc and how to do it, do I just change the product key, or use a hard drive, I don't know. Any advice submitted by /u/liminheng [link] [comments]...
  8. Compatibility Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compatibility Question: Hi, I want to know if NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 would work on my PC using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 x64. The GPU was released a few days ago, but uses the 7 months old Turing arhitecture released in September 2018 (older than my Windows 10 edition which is based on 1809,...
  9. windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 10, but I have issues with FSX. I can install it, enter the main menu, select aircraft, sceneries etc., but when I launch it, the screen becomes black. I can't even go back to the menu, although I can hear the background...
  10. Question about windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about windows 10: I just ordered parts for a new computer and now need to get windows 10. Does it have a free trial period? Can i just make a usb install and then buy it after i'm online? 40126