Windows 10: Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts

Discus and support Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, After getting random BSOD (SEE THIS THREAD) and spending hours trying to diagnose the issue, I took out one of the two Ballistix memory chips... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mswin10, Aug 19, 2018.

1. mswin10 Win User

Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts

Hi guys,

After getting random BSOD (SEE THIS THREAD) and spending hours trying to diagnose the issue, I took out one of the two Ballistix memory chips and bingo! My PC booted up instantly without any hitches.

Since I'm now only left with 4 GB and the PC is running a tad slower, I'm thinking if I'm better off replacing the motherboard, CPU & ram or just upgrade the ram to 16 GB and stick with the rest of components to save money.

FYI, I mainly use the PC for browsing, editing photos/videos, watching movies and the odd old game.

Here are my current Specs:

AMD FX 6300 Six-Core Processor (3500Mhz)
    Biostar TA970 Motherboard
    Ballistix Sport BLS4G3D1609DS1S00CEU (DDR3, 1600 MT/s) - 4 GB x 2 (But now down to only 4 GB)
    AMD Radeon HD 7700 Graphics Card
    Samsung 840 Evo SSD (250gb)
    Western Digital 3TB Hard Drive
    Windows 10

Your help is really appreciated.

:)

mswin10, Aug 19, 2018
  2. frthd42 Win User

Replacement parts for the E71x

Just wanted some information regarding replacement parts. It doesn't make sense to answer questions with a question.

frthd42, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 19, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts - Similar Threads - Questions replacing corrupt

2. A question about speeding up Windows and RAM modules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about speeding up Windows and RAM modules: Hi thereI would like to speed up an old SLOW Desktop PC with latest version of Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, 4GB installed RAM. Please have a look at the 2 screenshots to see the particulars about the PC & RAM.I'm considering using an SSD and doubling the RAM to 8GB, hopefully by...
  3. A question about speeding up Windows and RAM modules

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question about speeding up Windows and RAM modules: Hi thereI would like to speed up an old SLOW Desktop PC with latest version of Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, 4GB installed RAM. Please have a look at the 2 screenshots to see the particulars about the PC & RAM.I'm considering using an SSD and doubling the RAM to 8GB, hopefully by...
  4. RAM replacement?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM replacement?: So I've been getting bsods when I play this game called "Valorant" Only when I play Valorant. The error code is always the same "Memory Management". I tried uninstalling the game for a couple of days to see if it fixes the problem, but it didn't, it started getting bad that...
  5. Question about RAM.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about RAM.: Hello. Well I am currently using G-skillz 16GSXFB RAM 2 sticks 8g each. I wanted to add 2 more RAM sticks but I am unable to find th F series anyware. Currently I am finding the K series 16GSXKB. Which I think is there newest. But according to the stats they K and F...
  6. Question about VM performance and RAM configuration.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Question about VM performance and RAM configuration.: My laptop has a 4GB RAM module and a 2GB module, so only 4GB can work in dual channel mode. The system usually uses about 3GB, but when I'm running a VM, it uses around 5GB. Is it likely that this is why my VM is so sluggish? (I'm not sure whether this is a RAM question or a...
  7. A question about parts coming in from China

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about parts coming in from China: I was searching for a 2nd 4g of DDR3 RAM Memory for my laptop. I spotted what I though was a good deal on an eBay ad. I went and payed for it without checking as to where it is coming from. It is to late to cancel the sale. the RAM Memory is coming from Shenzhen, China. I...
  8. Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts: Hi guys, After getting random BSOD (SEE THIS THREAD) and spending hours trying to diagnose the issue, I took out one of the two Ballistix memory chips and bingo! My PC booted up instantly without any hitches. Since I'm now only left with 4 GB and the PC is running a tad...
  9. Question about faulty ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about faulty ram: My laptop has been freezing randomly lately and I've been trying to find the cause of the freezes. I've ran HP diagnostics a few times and one test came back as: [img] But the all the other times It passed and I also ran memtest last night which showed 0 errors? Can a RAM...
  10. Question about saving to Documents and other folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about saving to Documents and other folders: Upgraded last night and am slowly working through minor issues. One thing that's confusing me - my username is supposed to be in the Administrator group on my computer, but my settings seem to be connected to the Home User group instead. I first discovered this when I...