Windows 10: Questions about Win 10 License

Discus and support Questions about Win 10 License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got 2 questions about Win 10 license.... 1) Is it cheaper to buy a Win 10 product key now or after July 29th? 2) I'm not able to find a Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xlook, Jul 26, 2016.

1. xlook Win User

Questions about Win 10 License

I got 2 questions about Win 10 license....

1) Is it cheaper to buy a Win 10 product key now or after July 29th?

2) I'm not able to find a Win 10 retail version. Does anyone know where to find one?

:)

xlook, Jul 26, 2016

2. Question about licensing

Thanks Andre

RickySandhu, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Question about licensing

Thank you Rob. I will check TechNet and report back my findings and the eventual direction I decide to take.

RickySandhu, Jul 26, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

1. No, same prices for now
    2. Amazon ??? All reputable computer stores should have them on USB or DVD. They are all Retail versions.

CountMike, Jul 26, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Or direct from MS Store.

cereberus, Jul 26, 2016
  6. Porthos Win User
    All the DVD's I have seen are OEM.

Porthos, Jul 26, 2016
  7. If you check allkeyshop, you can find 10 Pro OEM licence starting at $20, but the legality is questionable to say at least.
    But I have got dozens of keys from those eshops, not just Windows licences, keys for steam games as well and all is fine.

TairikuOkami, Jul 26, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

Irrespective, it's not good practice to promote non-accredited re-sellers... eventually an illegal MSDN key will be blocked - even though some may think take a chance on a cheapo...

EDIT: Got side-tracked... but I'll wait 'tll after 29 Jul... there may be upgrade keys at reduced prices on offer...

Superfly, Jul 26, 2016
  9. xlook Win User
    I dont want an OEM key. I need to buy retail.

Theres an ebay seller who's selling a win 7 key for $20. He says he's so confident its legit that he's willing to refund me if it turns out to not work. What do you think?

Is there a way to verify a key is valid by calling Microsoft or maybe entering the key on Miicrosoft's website?

xlook, Jul 27, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    I have a bridge from Brooklyn for sale if you are interested?

Of course it is a scam of some sort.

Re. checking key, you can check it with showkeyplus, but I assume you would have to pay first?

cereberus, Jul 27, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    He sells the product key to 10 different people. 9 people activate their Windows 7 and get free upgrades to Windows 10 before it hits Microsoft's limit for activation. The 10th person gets the product key blocked message and the seller refunds the money. The seller has just made $180 illegal profit.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Questions about Win 10 License - Similar Threads - Questions License

2. Question about the license types and activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about the license types and activation: My windows 10 activation is showing activated via digital license but i bought the box from a retailer and used the key which is in the card. I think it was even activated before i enter my product key but i entered it anyways again. (The pc was pre owned but i formatted the...
  3. Windows 10 Home license transfer question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home license transfer question: I'm planning on building a new PC and I currently run Windows 10 Home. I originally bought windows 10 for this computer a few years ago. Oddly enough I can't find the CD but I still have the sleeve with the product key on it. Can I transfer the license to the new PC or use...
  4. License question

License question: I'm currently running on a SSD SATA drive but have an NVME drive installed. I would like to do a clean install on the 2TB NVME an I would like to know if that will mess with my windows 10 license at all?...
  5. Questions regarding license key

Questions regarding license key: Hi, I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 sometime back. This was during the time the free upgrade was still available. After some time Windows 10 crashed and so I had to format and install Windows 7 again. Now I bought a license key for Windows 10 pro yesterday and...
  6. Windows 10 Home (& Pro) Commercial Use Licensing Question (because Microsoft don't seem to...

Windows 10 Home (& Pro) Commercial Use Licensing Question (because Microsoft don't seem to...: The problem is that I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop and Windows 10 Professional on my main PC. Although the many threads on this subject say that you can use both for business use, the fact is that the license terms for BOTH clearly state that neither can be use for...
  7. Minecraft Java license question

Minecraft Java license question: I want to sell my Windows 10 laptop. It has Minecraft java edition installed. Can I install it on a new laptop somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-java-license-question/5818a3b4-46d3-423c-bfe7-12bd92d2b949"
  8. Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.

Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.: Hi Microsoft Community! I'm in the process of assembling a new PC and am going to give the old PC to my younger brother. I want to transfer my existing license to the new computer and if possible "de-license" the old one. These are the particulars: My Windows 10 license...
  9. Some question about Microsoft Volume Licensing for non-profit organization

Some question about Microsoft Volume Licensing for non-profit organization: My church has applied for the Microsoft Volume Licensing for the non-profit organization from TechSoup. There are some questions about that. 1. We have applied for 20 sets. But we have activated 22 computers. Is it okay? How to cancel it? 2. The system of Volume Licensing...
  10. LTSB/LTSC licensing question

LTSB/LTSC licensing question: Hi, I have a scenario where I believe that an error of judgment has been made around licensing and want to confirm that what I think is going on isn't right. We currently have a Microsoft licensing program (not sure of the current one as I no longer have access) but we were...