Windows 10: Questions about win 10

Discus and support Questions about win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I am very old win 7 user, so after upgrade i make this steps and i wonder if i make it right I download windows 10 using the tool from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raied, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Raied Win User

Questions about win 10

Hello

I am very old win 7 user, so after upgrade i make this steps and i wonder if i make it right

I download windows 10 using the tool from Microsoft, and get ISO file, put it on USB using Microsoft USB, DVD tool and i start format my laptop

and system partition Usually 100 MB, but with win 10 its take 500 MB, is this normal?

after that the installation finished and i get my win 10, which activated automatically because my win 7 was original..

after that I found all drivers run fine Except graphics cards, so i used search automatically for updated driver software, and the system download the driver and my graphics cards work fine..

so the Question 1 is, is everything ok? any wrong steps? did i make something wrong? because this is my first time doing this steps by myself *Tongue

Q2- is windows defender enough? do i need another antivirus?

Q3- what is the software source that windows is used to get drivers online?

Thank you

:)

Raied, Mar 14, 2017

2. Question about installing Win 10

Hi,

The tools that you have downloaded are meant only for reinstallation and cannot be used as a second operating system. Every installation of Windows 10 is tied to the hardware including the partition, the tool will enable you to create a media that allows you
    to reinstall the OS if something goes wrong and you wish to reinstall.

Vinod Archak, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Druxe Win User
    Question about installing Win 10

Hi, I'm sorry if you've been getting an abundance of Windows 10 issues today, but sadly this is another one. I have a small question. Will the "tool" I've downloaded from Download Windows 10 install Windows 10 as
    a SECOND operating system -- or does it keep Windows 8.1? If not, will it erase my files?

Druxe, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Questions about win 10

Question 1 is, is everything ok? any wrong steps? did i make something wrong? because this is my first time doing this steps by myself
    If Win10 seems to be working satisfactorily, enjoy.

Q2- is windows defender enough? do i need another antivirus?
    I've found it to be quite sufficient.

Q3- what is the software source that windows is used to get drivers online?
    I think the hardware vendors supply drivers to Windows but I've found they may not always be correct for the exact hardware in a user's computer, prefer getting them directly from the vendor. And the vendor may not have them updated for Win10, I had a Dell Latitude D810 that I couldn't upgrade from Win7 because Intel had never provided video drivers for Win8 or Win10. That's always going to be a problem with older hardware, no longer being sold so no money coming in to pay the programmers to write the software. It's a large problem with older printers and scanners, most anything that worked as far back as WinXP.

Berton, Mar 14, 2017
  5. Raied Win User
    Thank you Berton.

I wonder if there is a better way to install win 10, because i think you have something to say

*Think

Raied, Mar 14, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    The "better" way would be to start with a completely blank HDD/Hard Disk Drive or SSD/Solid State Drive and let Windows just do its thing in creating the necessary partitions it wants then start adding hardware and software one needs as needed. Upgrades will nearly always have some niggling little things to deal with but that's really hard to forecast as each computer seemingly identical to another will be a bit different from each other after they have been in use for awhile, next day, next week, etc., one program added, one new piece of hardware, all things that make changes.

Berton, Mar 14, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you post a screenshot of disk management we can tell you if there is anything extra you might be able to get rid of on your drive:
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

Be sure to widen the columns so we can see the data in them.

NavyLCDR, Mar 14, 2017
  8. Rocky Win User

Questions about win 10

How do you know that Windows 10 is activated?

Go to system settings,
    then go to update and security
    then go to activation.

What does it say?

Rocky, Mar 14, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    Easy way to the info? Right-click Start, click System.

Berton, Mar 14, 2017
  10. Raied Win User
    Thank you,

Check Attached photo *Biggrin

I did not delete win 7 recovery partition, maybe one day i need it

Check Attached photo *Wink

Thanks for the info

i upgrade it using the tool but after that i download full windows and put it on USB and make full format as i said in OP

so i think this is what you mean right?

Raied, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Questions about win 10

1. Questions about win 10 - Similar Threads - Questions

2. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  3. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  4. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  6. I have no question. I found a profound error

I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  7. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  8. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  9. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

10. My laptop is having questionable problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having questionable problems: I have been having a problem in my laptop where it suddenly closes it self off randomly when I am gaming, It is very annoying. When I am playing online, sometimes my laptop turns off and also temporally cuts out the internet from my laptop. And I am not playing such high...