Windows 10: Questions about Windows 10 .....F8 Menu

Discus and support Questions about Windows 10 .....F8 Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Once before I had the pretty blue (F8) menu come up when I booted. But i don't remember how...I did find the articles here but a screenshot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scorpion69, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Questions about Windows 10 .....F8 Menu

Once before I had the pretty blue (F8) menu come up when I booted.

But i don't remember how...I did find the articles here but a screenshot of bcdedit does not make sense....

Can someone have a look for me.....

Thanks..........

:)

Scorpion69, Nov 29, 2016

2. Windows Installation Drive

The free upgrade to Windows 10 requires an existing version of Windows 7 or 8. If you want a clean installation then you must purchase Windows 10.

If you are thinking of the F8 menu the you might be out of luck. You could try F8 or Shift+F8 but Windows 10 boots so fast that you probably miss it. To get to this menu you must boot the machine with a System Repair CD.

Frederik Long, Nov 29, 2016
  3. RyleeHope Win User
    Windows 10 completely unresponsive after startup

The link you gave me with intructions says that the re-install must be done within Windows 10. Now, i cannot even login. When i turn on my computer, it now goes straight to the recovery menu. There are two options on it. One option is to try to start up
    again (Enter) or to view recovery options (F8). I pushed the F8 button to see my recovery options, but instead it just showed a black screen for about 30 options and then went back to the recovery menu. So i tried to start up again and pressed Enter. Just
    like what F8 did, it showed a black screen for 30 seconds and then went back to the recovery menu. Is there any way out of this?

RyleeHope, Nov 29, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. Thanks for the reply
    I have already downloaded those guides
    The F8 advanced options is what I am after
    But the identifier says current

And boot policy says legacy

Little confused

Scorpion69, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Questions about Windows 10 .....F8 Menu

1. Questions about Windows 10 .....F8 Menu - Similar Threads - Questions Menu

2. [Dev question] Recommended menu order in Context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Dev question] Recommended menu order in Context menu: When developing 'Context menu', i'm curious about the recomendations of the menu order.The context menu in the Windows seems to have some sort of order.For example, if i right click any app icon in the desktop home, i can find a menu at the top, such as Open/Share/... etc.It...
  3. [Dev question] Recommended menu order in Context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Dev question] Recommended menu order in Context menu: When developing 'Context menu', i'm curious about the recomendations of the menu order.The context menu in the Windows seems to have some sort of order.For example, if i right click any app icon in the desktop home, i can find a menu at the top, such as Open/Share/... etc.It...
  4. "Quick Access" menu questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Quick Access" menu questions: The quick access folder is a great idea ... to a point ...Just because I am working in or, on a folder doesn't mean I will need to open it again. I am moving music files around and will most likely delete said folder anyway.This isn't happening all the time but, if I have a...
  5. "Quick Access" menu questions

"Quick Access" menu questions: The quick access folder is a great idea ... to a point ...Just because I am working in or, on a folder doesn't mean I will need to open it again. I am moving music files around and will most likely delete said folder anyway.This isn't happening all the time but, if I have a...
  6. Question about Windows 11 Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows 11 Context Menu: I was just wondering if all the options of the older context menu will be brought to the modern context menu and the "Show more options" option would be removed any time soon....[Original Title: Windows 11]...
  7. Question about Windows 11 Context Menu

Question about Windows 11 Context Menu: I was just wondering if all the options of the older context menu will be brought to the modern context menu and the "Show more options" option would be removed any time soon....[Original Title: Windows 11]...
  8. Start Menu Colors Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Colors Question: Hey Guys, I recently was updated to the latest build OS.. Seems like I cant change the start color menu when Im in Light Mode. I want to be in Light Mode not dark mode and when I choose Light Mode, the change start menu is greyed out. I can only change the start menu colors...
  9. Question Black screen instead of "Choose an operating system menu", then normal boot...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question Black screen instead of "Choose an operating system menu", then normal boot...: Hello, I had Windows 10 installed on one partition, and then installed Windows 10 on another partition. The first time I restarted the laptop after the installation finished, I got the "Choose an operating system" you know, the blue menu with white font menu with the two...
  10. Question Black screen instead of "Choose an operating system menu", then normal boot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question Black screen instead of "Choose an operating system menu", then normal boot...: Hello, I had Windows 10 installed on one partition, and then installed Windows 10 on another partition. The first time I restarted the laptop after the installation finished, I got the "Choose an operating system" (you know, the blue menu with white font) menu (with the two...