Windows 10: questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD

Discus and support questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a fairly new Dell 8900 and want to swap its 1TB HDD with a new Crucial 1TB SSD I plan to clone the existing HDD using Macrium7 to the new SSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by provlima, Jul 17, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD

I have a fairly new Dell 8900 and want to swap its 1TB HDD with a new Crucial 1TB SSD
    I plan to clone the existing HDD using Macrium7 to the new SSD, then remove the HDD and install the new SSD in its place.
    Would this work? Would the currently existing SATA cable work with the new SSD? Any tips or advice would be appreciated
    Thanks for your help

:)

provlima, Jul 17, 2018
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Jul 17, 2018
  3. xpac5896 Win User
    Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD

I'm in the process of building a new rig. I would like to transfer the OS from my current 512 SSD to a 1tb SSD. My Os is already linked to my MS account and I printed out the steps about using the troubleshooter after a significant hardware change. The Question is: Can I clone the 512 to the 1tb or does it require a clean install? OS is Win 10 Pro.

xpac5896, Jul 17, 2018
  4. questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD

Replacing 120GB SSD with 1 TB HDD

When I first built my PC, my 120GB SSD C: drive was plenty big enough since I had a 1TB HDD D: drive. Now though I am hitting the limit of my SSD and I want to migrate to a new 1 TB HDD. I cloned and swapped and it booted, but Windows is still only seeing
    120GB of my new 1TB drive. How do I fix this?

BruceKrafft, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD

1. questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD - Similar Threads - questions swapping 1TB

2. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  3. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  4. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Migrating 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD: I've got a 2TB C drive that I'm running at the moment. The thing takes ages to load up. I've also had a 250GB SSD sitting on my shelf for a while. The issue is that there is no boot partition on the old the HDD so the OS is just lumped in there with everything else....
  6. 1tb ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1tb ssd: I have bought A 1TB SSD recently for my custom pc and I put it in and i see it only says 478gb and drive C i have been trying to find the other drives and find out where my other half went did anyone have this? and if you had fixed it can you tell me how?...
  7. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  8. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  9. 1TB HDD not Migrated

in Windows 10 Customization
    1TB HDD not Migrated: Why am I seeing this error? New 1TB HDD, and why is Windows not letting me use the HDD. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_ST4000DM&Prod_000-1F2168\4&1f5e0e69&0&040000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  10. Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD: HP p6716f Win10 HP (x64) desktop 1 TB hard drive (920 GB free) needs to be replaced. --- It appears to me there is only 80GB in use. Is that correct? I’d like to replace it with an SSD: I suspect 250 GB would be more than ample size. I've read that it isn't possible to...