Windows 10: Questions

Discus and support Questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 v1703 and I noticed that by downloading the latest build from Windows Update and disabling the Ethernet connection (via the control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by balubeto, May 16, 2017.

1. balubeto Win User

Questions

I have Windows 10 v1703 and I noticed that by downloading the latest build from Windows Update and disabling the Ethernet connection (via the control panel) before pressing the Restart button, this connection will automatically be enabled at the end of the installation process. Why? How can I avoid this?

During the Windows reset performed by the Advanced Startup Options displayed with Shift + Restart in the sign-in screen, the files and directories, created during the upgrade to a new build, are automatically deleted? If not, how do I delete them?

In Audit mode, the Windows Update and app update feature is automatically turned off? If not, how do I do this?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, May 16, 2017

2. Vosteran on Windows 10

I open Chrome this morning and noticed the Vosteran redirect. After plenty of research, I tried the following:

-Looked it up on Programs and Features to uninstall it - not listed.

-McAfee wont recognize it.

-Downloaded Zamana and it also will not recognize it.

-Downloaded Malwarebytes and it also will not recognize it.

-Manually removed the redirect from Chrome settings and finally reset all setting. No longer being redirected.

-Checked to see if listed as an add on and it was not.

This is a month old computer that I only use for work and school. No social media, no random searches, nothing. All I did two days ago was update Microsoft Office Professional plus. Any suggestions are appreciated. Again, as of right now not being redirected,
    but refuse to believe that something that appeared on my computer overnight was removed by me just typing over the home page address bar.

Thanks.

GDP-Questions, May 16, 2017
  3. If the 29 of July I haven't got the pc because I'm on a trip, what could I do?

Sorry if I don't speak very good English because I've got 15 years and I'm not from England and I only speak the English that I get in the school.

My question is:

If in the 29 of July I'm in a trip and I can't have my PC with me, what could I do?

Thanks. Questions :)

I'm waiting your answer.

Windows questions, May 16, 2017
  4. balubeto Win User

Questions

I'm still waiting for some answers.

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jun 1, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    First question: can't really say but many Builds put things back to "normal", sometimes even have to reinstall programs that previously worked good. To prevent an automatic connection to the 'net one needs to unplug the Ethernet cable, turn off the Modem or on Notebooks physically turn off the Wi-Fi.

Second question: there is a Disk Cleanup feature that usually should take care of that.

Third question: haven't had to use Audit Mode but one can turn off Windows Update in Computer Management, Services.

Others may have better answers but you seemed to be waiting for one of us Volunteers to read your question and have those 'better' answers.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Questions

1. Questions - Similar Threads - Questions

2. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  3. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  4. Question about the authenticator app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  6. I don't even know how to ask this question...

I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  7. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. To answer your question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  9. To answer your question

To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  10. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...