Windows 10: Quick Access help

Discus and support Quick Access help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't link a shortcut of my user folder to Quick Access. It only links the direct folder which has a silly name (created by the first five letters of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Double, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Double Win User

Quick Access help

I can't link a shortcut of my user folder to Quick Access. It only links the direct folder which has a silly name (created by the first five letters of my email address), and it's just so stupid to look at.

I want Quick Access to refer to the shortcut as the 'User' directory, but this seems impossible to do without renaming the direct folder, which is not recommended at all.

:)

Double, Dec 25, 2015

2. Unable to access online games and web browsers

I can use Miscrosoft Edge fine, but it is not compatible with my banking website. I cannot get other browers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox) to work at all, but they are compatible with my website.

Access Help, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Can't we sort Quick Access items?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. There is no option to sort files in quick access however if you wish to customize in Quick access, suggest you to refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Pin, remove, and customize in Quick access

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/pin-remove-and-customize-in-quick-access#v1h=tab04

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to write us back for further assistance and we will be glad to help you ahead.

Arul_D, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Quick Access help

Link the parent folder "Users",
    may not be as handy as the actual folder but at least you'll only be 1 click away rather than drilling down through Explorer's entire hierarchy.

Edwin, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Double Win User
    Thanks for your response, not a bad idea :]

Double, Dec 27, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    You could also, if the opportunity lends itself, install Windows with a Local Account then switch to an MS Account afterwards, then your User folder will retain the 'generic' name you would give it at the time.

Quick Access help [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Quick Access help

1. Quick Access help - Similar Threads - Quick Access help

2. Need help with Quick Access dumping entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help with Quick Access dumping entries: Recently, Quick Access on all of our computers at work have been dumping the user entered links randomly. They will stick for a day or two, then dump again. It always lets you redefine them. Everything about it works fine otherwise, and the base 4 shortcuts are always there....
  3. Quick Access

Quick Access: My recently used files, pictures, folders are not showing up in Quick Access. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access/67635b7c-fa07-41e7-a62f-cbf62ea4cd60
  4. Quick Access

Quick Access: How do I set a certain limit to how many folders/files Quick Access has to display aside from those I have pinned? For example, I have 4 pinned, and I want it to show 3 more suggestions in addition to what I've pinned and not any more....
  5. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access: In the Windows Explorer, 'Quick access' is a very useful feature where recently opened files, folders or applications are displayed for reopening without much explorer browsing. Please see the following screenshot. [ATTACH] Screenshots, Box Sync, Onedrive, Dropbox and...
  6. quick access

quick access: When I pull up a quick access, I want to see the pictures in it. Not some icon for how it should be opened. I wanna see the actual picture. I tried all the supposed 'fixes' and nothing works. Can someone pls help me. Am running windows 10 on my laptop.Thanks...
  7. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  8. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access: On Windows 10 -I have Documents under Quick Access - that are identical to PC documents. If I delete a file on Quick Access it deletes it on PC. How do I get rid of the dual files and not loose anything? Is this taking up my storage or hard drive, I am running slower and...
  9. quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access: When you add things anomalously to the quick access why do you not allow the users to delete old flawed information completely? When you allow old information, that in most cases has been changed or altered, then you hurt the MS users by having them click on the information...
  10. Quick Access Icons Mixed Up Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Icons Mixed Up Help: Was using one of those Windows 10 tweaking programs now my Quick Access icons are all mixed up. Anyone know how to fix? 23168