Windows 10: Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it

Discus and support Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The title says it all. There ia a lot of information on how to disable Quick Access, or loose it, sell it, hide it, etc. I also searched the Tutorials,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jul 22, 2018.

1. ineuw Win User

Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it

The title says it all. There ia a lot of information on how to disable Quick Access, or loose it, sell it, hide it, etc. I also searched the Tutorials, and found nothing. Perhaps someone can direct me to the instructions, if they exist. Thank you.

:)

ineuw, Jul 22, 2018

2. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it

1. Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it - Similar Threads - Quick Access locked

2. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?: How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?When I want to save a file, I get this File Explorer window:It defaults to a D:\ drive, as you can see.Is it possible to make it default to Quick Access?Setting “Open file explorer to: Quick Access”...
  3. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?: How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?When I want to save a file, I get this File Explorer window:It defaults to a D:\ drive, as you can see.Is it possible to make it default to Quick Access?Setting “Open file explorer to: Quick Access”...
  4. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  6. how to enable quick access back again in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable quick access back again in file explorer?: Before the current update we can view folders in the file explorer , not only from Quick Access but also from This PC , but this update just removed all the folders from file explorer and we have to pin all folders and drives to quick access to view all together . Is there...
  7. How can I remove this item form Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I remove this item form Quick Access?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/netocavalcanti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1vm27/how_can_i_remove_this_item_form_quick_access/
  8. Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)?: Version 1909 build 18363.900 It would be so much handier to use Quick Access for my most-used folders if they would actually expand when I click on them. Is there a way to make that happen? [img] 159912
  9. How can I remove "quick access"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove "quick access": How can I remove "quick access", or at least change the option to point to a file in the folder where I save it. Only after saving several files that were directed to "My Documents" (not on C:\ drive) did I find that I couldn't locate them. I finally found them on "quick...
  10. How can I make the num lock stay on?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make the num lock stay on?: Whenever I boot up the num lock is off. I would like for it to stay on. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance. 11465

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick access locked

2. QAT is locked