Windows 10: Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate

Discus and support Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; it seems to log the files, but I can't pin folders to it like i had before the update [img] 59506 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maarkr, Aug 8, 2016.

1. maarkr Win User

Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate

it seems to log the files, but I can't pin folders to it like i had before the update

Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate [​IMG]

:)

maarkr, Aug 8, 2016
  2. PajMS Win User

No Quick Access after recent (7-14-16) update

After today's (7-14-16) Win10 update, all of the folders that I pinned to Quick Access have disappeared (in the Quick Access pane) and I can no longer pin a folder to quick access, by any of the various means (context menu, ribbon button, etc.). What gives?

PajMS, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Pin to Quick Access doesn't work, but no error message

In the past I have been able to pin folders to Quick Access with no problem, but today the folder I want to pin never shows up in Quick Access after I tell it to pin. There is no error message; it just doesn't show up. The folder I want to pin is on
    One Drive. I have other One Drive folders pinned and they work just fine. I tried pinning a subfolder of the folder that wouldn't pin, and it pinned fine today. Why won't it pin the folder I want it to pin?

Jaime Garanflo, Aug 8, 2016
  4. maarkr Win User

never mind... found this to run on admin cmd prompt
    del %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\*

maarkr, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate - Similar Threads - Quick Access pinning

2. Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access: I get an error message this docfile has been corrupted when trying to pin something to Quick access. Moreover all the folders I had under Quick access are missing. Can I get them back in some way?...
  3. Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone: Was using my system today and I noticed that my pinned Quick Access folders had gone. Strange. Cannot remember actively removing them, they were a pretty curated bunch of folders. I used this tutorial to clear it all out: Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in...
  4. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...
  5. does pinning a folder in Quick Access physically move the folder?

does pinning a folder in Quick Access physically move the folder?: Windows 10 Using the context menu "pin to Quick Access" to pin a folder, apparently moved the folder and its contents to the Quick Access area of Windows Explorer. The folder was no longer displayed in its original location within Windows Explorer. Is it possible to only...
  6. Quick Access folder

Quick Access folder: My Quick Saver folder is displaying all my files on the startup screen. How do I get my screensaver I chose back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder/4a800131-3fc0-4aaf-8d3b-6a388311ddc0"
  7. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...
  8. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  9. Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access: I cloned my old 250GB SSD with W10 to a new 500GB SSD using Macrium Reflect. All in all this has worked well, however one issue that annoys me is that I cannot Pin a folder to quick access. When trying to do this I get this error message: "The parameter is not correct". I...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939