Windows 10: Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate

Discus and support Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; it seems to log the files, but I can't pin folders to it like i had before the update [img] 59506 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maarkr, Aug 8, 2016.

1. maarkr Win User

Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate

it seems to log the files, but I can't pin folders to it like i had before the update

Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate [​IMG]

:)

maarkr, Aug 8, 2016
  2. PajMS Win User

No Quick Access after recent (7-14-16) update

After today's (7-14-16) Win10 update, all of the folders that I pinned to Quick Access have disappeared (in the Quick Access pane) and I can no longer pin a folder to quick access, by any of the various means (context menu, ribbon button, etc.). What gives?

PajMS, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Pin to Quick Access doesn't work, but no error message

In the past I have been able to pin folders to Quick Access with no problem, but today the folder I want to pin never shows up in Quick Access after I tell it to pin. There is no error message; it just doesn't show up. The folder I want to pin is on
    One Drive. I have other One Drive folders pinned and they work just fine. I tried pinning a subfolder of the folder that wouldn't pin, and it pinned fine today. Why won't it pin the folder I want it to pin?

Jaime Garanflo, Aug 8, 2016
  4. maarkr Win User

never mind... found this to run on admin cmd prompt
    del %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\*

maarkr, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate - Similar Threads - Quick Access pinning

2. Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?: I have no trouble pinning Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music to Quick Access but for some reason Downloads won't pin? I've checked and I can pin literally any other folder, but Downloads won't work. I can click on the option, but when I do nothing happens....
  3. Pinned folders drop off quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned folders drop off quick access: I use quick access in file explorer a lot. I pin folders that I use frequently. On an irregular but frequent basis the pins reset to to default downloads, documents, music, etc. This started when I used Windows 10. I have since upgraded to Windows 11 mainly to try to solve...
  4. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  5. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  6. pin folder to quick access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin folder to quick access not working: I cannot pin folders to quick access. It is only showing Recent Files. I've looked extensiely online and found simliar issues from 5 years ago and with an error message but I'm not getting an error message. Not comfortable messing with the registry - this pc is only a week...
  7. unable to pin folders to quick access

unable to pin folders to quick access: i can no longer pin to or view folders in my quick access due to the parameter being incorrect. i have found advice that starts with running a command that starts with "del" only to get "windows cannot find del". i do not know how to fix this when del, whatever it is,...
  8. Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access: I get an error message this docfile has been corrupted when trying to pin something to Quick access. Moreover all the folders I had under Quick access are missing. Can I get them back in some way?...
  9. Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone: Was using my system today and I noticed that my pinned Quick Access folders had gone. Strange. Cannot remember actively removing them, they were a pretty curated bunch of folders. I used this tutorial to clear it all out: Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in...
  10. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...