Windows 10: Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Discus and support Quick Access not searching Pictures folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In File Explorer, Quick Access I can search for files and will see results from Documents, Music, and Video. But to find anything in Pictures I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enso, Jul 30, 2018.

1. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

In File Explorer, Quick Access I can search for files and will see results from Documents, Music, and Video. But to find anything in Pictures I have to navigate to that folder specifically to search it.

I've looked in vain for a setting that would let the Pictures folder be searchable along with the others. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick Access not searching Pictures folder - Similar Threads - Quick Access searching

2. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  3. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  4. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  5. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  6. Quick Access and Pictures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Access and Pictures: Hello, I am really confused and frustrated because I went to go to screenshot something on my pc, and it says it has been saved to my computer but when i went onto pictures, my screenshot wasn't there and instead it was on Quick Access and I don't knowhow to put my screenshot...
  7. Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder: Quick access contains the folders: Documents, Music, Pictures, Video On the right side of the window, there is a Quick access search field. Entering a search will find matching files in 3 folders but not matching files in the Pictures folder. If I navigate directly to the...
  8. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  9. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939